Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnneycool on February 22, 2017, 05:04:33 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 22, 2017, 04:58:08 PM
Greed and ambition you'd like to think....

You reckon?

How many footballers have taken a pay cut to move to a club more likely to win anything?

Fingers on one hand springs to mind.

Yeah but if you are going to a club more likely to succeed the reality is they are *probably* more likely to succeed because they have more money and therefore will be able to pay more so it is very hard to back up that statement...

Captain Obvious

Ferguson would have sold Rooney in 2013 if he didn't retire. David Moyes gave him a extended contract when he was clearly past his best. Now four years on I think Rooney and his agent are seeking one last big contract before his retirement.

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnneycool on February 22, 2017, 05:04:33 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 22, 2017, 04:58:08 PM
Greed and ambition you'd like to think....

You reckon?

How many footballers have taken a pay cut to move to a club more likely to win anything?

Fingers on one hand springs to mind.

Roy Keane would have got more money off Blackburn but he went to United because he wanted to be a winner. In marked contrast to another big name player at the time. Mind you I wouldn't change that for all the money in China given what happened subsequently.

Maroon Manc

I was surprised he picked such a strong team last night and it looks like it will come back to haunt us. We'll pick up plenty of injuries with the amount of games coming up and its going to start affecting our league form.

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 23, 2017, 10:30:24 AM
I was surprised he picked such a strong team last night and it looks like it will come back to haunt us. We'll pick up plenty of injuries with the amount of games coming up and its going to start affecting our league form.

Well played, the albanian and Carrick crocked.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

I'm worried he's going to do something weird on Sunday to make a point about fixture congestion. The team picked last night made no sense.

Possible team for Sunday:

Romero

Young
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Schweinsteiger
Herrera
Lingard

Martial
Rooney
Rashford

Denn Forever

What's the story with Rooney?  Being pushed out or Agent wanting a last big payday?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

stew

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 23, 2017, 12:26:45 PM
What's the story with Rooney?  Being pushed out or Agent wanting a last big payday?

18 m0nths left on a contract and mourinho knows he is finished and hat he can get that 350,000 a week wage bill off e clubs back, he cannot be seen pushing the England captain out the door but he i letting Rooney make the decision by aving him as a bit role player, diplomacy t its finest, he needs to move on.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Stallion

The story with Rooney is he's gone from being a striker who at his peak wasn't world class, to his current status as someone not even good enough to start for Utd on a regular basis. He's well past his best and Utd would be crazy to turn down 30 million for him.

nrico2006

Rooney is away, I always thought that Mourinho would be smart and allow Rooney to play himself out of the team this year and he did.  Van Gaal hasn't the balls.  Rooney was world class at his best but well past it now. 

On another note, 25 games unbeaten - good foundations being established for next season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tiempo

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 23, 2017, 01:16:13 PM
Rooney is away, I always thought that Mourinho would be smart and allow Rooney to play himself out of the team this year and he did.  Van Gaal hasn't the balls.  Rooney was world class at his best but well past it now. 

On another note, 25 games unbeaten - good foundations being established for next season.

25 games already since 26 Jan, some going.

johnneycool

Quote from: tiempo on February 23, 2017, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 23, 2017, 01:16:13 PM

25 games already since 26 Jan, some going.

That one doesn't count as manu won over two legs don't you know

mouview

Quote from: stew on February 23, 2017, 11:36:12 AM

Armenian! Crikey, not even the same religion.  :-)

Cunny Funt

Quote from: mouview on February 23, 2017, 02:34:09 PM
Quote from: stew on February 23, 2017, 11:36:12 AM

Armenian! Crikey, not even the same religion.  :-)

Don't confuse him, Armenian Albanian is all the same to stew. Both out Sunday is a boost to Southampton.

Boycey

Looks like Wazza stays then. I'm happy enough, there's more than enough games for him to come in handy somewhere along the way.. definitely off in the summer though