Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 23, 2017, 04:27:44 PM
Quote from: mouview on February 23, 2017, 02:34:09 PM
Quote from: stew on February 23, 2017, 11:36:12 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 23, 2017, 10:30:24 AM
I was surprised he picked such a strong team last night and it looks like it will come back to haunt us. We'll pick up plenty of injuries with the amount of games coming up and its going to start affecting our league form.

Well played, the albanian and Carrick crocked.

Armenian! Crikey, not even the same religion.  :-)

Don't confuse him, Armenian Albanian is all the same to stew. Both out Sunday is a boost to Southampton.

Sorryabout that, I know two of the three boys than penned his song and still effed up his nationality, and they are not the same!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Boycey

Europa League opened out a bit tonight with Spurs, Bilbao, Zenith and possibly Shaktar going to the wall. Still a good few long trips into Eastern Europe left that United could possibly do without.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on February 23, 2017, 10:19:21 PM
Europa League opened out a bit tonight with Spurs, Bilbao, Zenith and possibly Shaktar going to the wall. Still a good few long trips into Eastern Europe left that United could possibly do without.

Yeah but if you win it, you're in the CL. United should be able to win that now.

Boycey

Shaktar gone too.. Some decent teams left in it but I'd fear long trips to Russia more than anything plus the possibility of falling between several stools while trying to juggle all the games left.

magpie seanie

Draw is at 12 noon. Huge differences in quality of teams and travel distances.....hoping for an optimal draw but this trophy is winnable.

Maroon Manc

The Europea League is a lot weaker at this stage then it normally is, with Mourinho in charge and the group of players we've got there's only Roma who we should be fearing. I think our best opportunity of qualifying for the CL next season is by winning this trophy.

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 24, 2017, 10:56:33 AM
The Europea League is a lot weaker at this stage then it normally is, with Mourinho in charge and the group of players we've got there's only Roma who we should be fearing. I think our best opportunity of qualifying for the CL next season is by winning this trophy.

Nah, they will finish third or fourth if the manager plays the youngsters up front and Bailly can get his act together.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

NAG1

I think it is one prestige wise that JM will want to go after and try to win. He wont be so worried about the FA Cup especially having drawn Chelsea, so the league and Europa cup will big drivers to the end of the season.

magpie seanie

Rostov it is. Long trip there is not ideal but could have been worse.

Lyon v Roma is a bonus in that a good team will go out there.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on February 24, 2017, 11:29:36 AM

I think it is one prestige wise that JM will want to go after and try to win. He wont be so worried about the FA Cup especially having drawn Chelsea, so the league and Europa cup will big drivers to the end of the season.

Send the kids to Chelsea, got to concentrate on the Europa League given the strength of the teams left. The draw has done us a favour in terms of one of Roma or Lyon will be gone and the 2 German teams left meet each other.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 24, 2017, 02:24:17 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 24, 2017, 11:29:36 AM

Send the kids to Chelsea, got to concentrate on the Europa League given the strength of the teams left. The draw has done us a favour in terms of one of Roma or Lyon will be gone and the 2 German teams left meet each other.

Except Jose doesn't do playing kids

Avondhu star

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 23, 2017, 10:31:32 PM
Quote from: Boycey on February 23, 2017, 10:19:21 PM

Yeah but if you win it, you're in the CL. United should be able to win that now.
Is that CL place at the expense of whoever comes fourth in the Premiership or could you have five English teams in it?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

GJL

5 will go through if Utd win europa but fail to make top4

Boycey

4th would drop out though if City, Arsenal ;D or Leicester  :o won the Champions League and finished outside top 4..

ashman

Quote from: GJL on February 25, 2017, 06:54:02 PM
5 will go through if Utd win europa but fail to make top4

What if Leicester and Man Utd win CL & EL and each finish outside the top 4 .