Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Had 2 bellend Man Ure supporters suggest to me that Martial and Rashford are the new Yorke and Cole!!!

Any wonder football hates Man Ure when the fans are knobheads!!!

GJL

Quote from: screenexile on April 14, 2016, 02:26:33 PM
Had 2 bellend Man Ure supporters suggest to me that Martial and Rashford are the new Yorke and Cole!!!

That really annoyed you?

Bord na Mona man

I'm not sure why it's such a big deal for you?
I can see the resemblance.

AZOffaly

I don't think Rashford needs 6 chances to score 1. That United side created so many chances, I think I'd have scored as many as Andrew Cole!

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 14, 2016, 03:11:36 PM
I don't think Rashford needs 6 chances to score 1. That United side created so many chances, I think I'd have scored as many as Andrew Cole!

Jaysus, bit harsh on Coley there, Rashford will have a lot to do to get into his category

AZOffaly

I just remember chance after chance after chance being set up by that United team, and Cole missing an awful lot of them.

ballinaman

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 14, 2016, 03:06:33 PM

I'm not sure why it's such a big deal for you?
I can see the resemblance.
Racist  :P

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on April 14, 2016, 03:16:26 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 14, 2016, 03:11:36 PM

Jaysus, bit harsh on Coley there, Rashford will have a lot to do to get into his category

That's my point!

They've played 11 games together and scored 9 goals. . . hardly Yorke and Cole material.

Also they're young and very unproven. Do we remember the similar nonsense banded about for Januzaj, Macheda??!!

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 14, 2016, 03:20:13 PM
I just remember chance after chance after chance being set up by that United team, and Cole missing an awful lot of them.

That United team didn't carry many passengers. A goal every two games over his United career while not taking free kicks or penos ain't too shoddy. Rashford looks an exciting prospect but he's got a way to go before he can be compared to Cole

Maroon Manc

I can barely recall Rashford missing a chance so far, comparisons to Macheda are idiotic. Macheda was 17 going on 27 and had no pace.

Captain Obvious

Andy Cole could score twenty plus goals per season. One of the main reasons why Manchester United are currently struggling for a top four finish is because they don't have a twenty goal a season striker. Rashford however has the potential to be that striker.

magpie seanie

Enjoyed last night. West Ham hadn't lost at home since August so it was a very good result. I agree that Fosu Mensah was the best player on the pitch. He's an absolute beast. Am really excited about how good he can become. Similarly Rashford and of course Martial. I do think Martial looks a little tired at times. He was sloppy once or twice when he should have been in for goal chances but that's being very harsh. Amazingly Fellaini played well. Hard to explain. I thought United looked hungry and attacked quicker last night and when that happens they're a decent side. I've no idea why it doesn't happen all the time.

According to a report I saw today Charlton and Ferguson have knocked Mourinho on the head again. Fair play to them. Amazes me that such a "great manager" hasn't been snapped up after all these months out of a job. It's because he's a liability and the team he won the league with downed tools on him months later.

magpie seanie

Maybe they know how obsessed you are with United and said it to wind you up? Seems it worked!

Over the Bar

QuoteHad 2 bellend Man Ure supporters suggest to me that Martial and Rashford are the new Yorke and Cole!!!

Football doesn't hate ManU - it's just Arsenal, Liverpool and Leeds fans hate them because United wiped the floor with them for the better part of 25 years. Presumably you are one such fan?  Ask any neutral or overseas football fan which English team of the past 25 years they liked to watch most and the answer is simple - Ferguson's United as they always attacked and scored more goals than most of the others put together. 

Farrandeelin

I'd say man city fans have a strong dislike of Utd too.  :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.