Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectator

Man U were there for the taking tonight given their weak midfield & unconfident start. Unbelievable tactical naivete by Barca in the second half, moving Messi to the centre & expecting to pass their way through through a very solid Man U defence ... Why bring on Henri  if they weren't going to try & at least stretch the game?

[The old duffers selling peanuts on the North Bank years ago had it right when they preached the gospel of nippy wingers stretching the game & getting in behind defences. Frank Rjikkaard never stood on the hallowed ground I guess ;)]

Quote from: new devil on April 29, 2008, 09:54:59 PM
All we need now is for the bindippers to win...what a final that would be

Amen Bro ... That'll be some craic if it comes to pass ...  ;D

ONeill

I think Utd would beat Liverpool. Chelsea have big game players and is a 50/50. Whoever it is, it'd be a very nervous final with both sets of fans filled with fear of losing.

Barca are fairly crap. Watched them recently in La Liga and they're a team running on empty.

Tonight's result should see Utd fire ahead and win the league.....they're stumbling over the line but should get there. Ronaldo seems to be on his last legs as well.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Fear Rua

Messi- deserves every credit thats thrown at him, great player -needs more end product.........

What a scrappy goal to win a semi final.
Its Grim up North

ludermor

Quote from: Orior on April 29, 2008, 10:16:02 PM
Quote from: ludermor on April 29, 2008, 09:46:50 PM
dumpny and the boys are some craic tonight

RTE2 on Virgin is blocked in the occupied six counties tonight.

Hey, did anyone the fantasic rugby tackle by a stewart at the end of the game? Class!
Seen that , its was a fair tackle, yer man got close.

5 Sams

Couple of observations.

Where the fcuk did Wes Brown produce that performance from.....immense.

The Ginger Prince does it again.... what a player.

Dunphy is a tool.

I would prefer the dippers and with Vidic and Rooney back I fancy United big time no matter who it is.
The Aristocrat Years

Gold

Messi is class

Fair play to Utd--some goal

think Cheski will b tough to beat in a shot-shy, tense low-scoring final
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Leg End

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 29, 2008, 10:49:34 PM
Couple of observations.

Dunphy is a tool.

I would prefer the dippers and with Vidic and Rooney back I fancy United big time no matter who it is.

agree with 99|% of this. would prefer chelski as my heart wouldnt take a united v dipper final.

would also like to add tevez was un f**king believable tonight.. i dont  think there was a blade of grass he didnt tred on. when ur missin wayne rooney u need a performance like that from someone, and he stepped up to the mic. brown was immense. nani great. scholes showing class is permanent. hargreaves showing diversity,

Tonights performance tipifies the complete history of the greatest football club of all time.. MANCHESTER UNITED
we're here for a good time, not a long time

Norf Tyrone

Congratulations to the Mancs!

Only seen the last 30 minutes, but United looked very solid. Fergie's midfield may have lacked its usually flair, but he a midfield that worked its bollix off.

I was shaking with nerves in the last 10 minutes (Hoping for a Barce goal if I'm honest), so feck knows how I'll handle tomorrow night. The magnitude just got bigger.

Losing to Liverpool would be one thing, but the thought of a Scouse/Manc final :'(

Anyhow enjoy your night...!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

JimStynes

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 29, 2008, 10:49:34 PM
Couple of observations.

Dunphy is a tool.

What was Dunphy saying tonight. Love listening to him - just to hear some of the stupid things he comes out with. Last week he said 'this fella ronaldo is a fake'. A fella scoring 40 goals a season is a fake!!

An Fear Rua

"Don't care. We're waiting, and we'll be ready." -some football player
Its Grim up North

stew

Scholes is finsihed! :D

If scholes was washed up he wouldnt be played in the most importnat game for five years, he scored the winner and showed a lot of poise and leadership. Fair play to scholes and United. I hope liverpool beat drogba and the other whingy fcukers at chelsea.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

new devil

Its been 5 hours since the game and iam still on cloud 9..hasn't even sunk in yet that were back in a champions league final after 9 years of trying

Hope the scousers scrape through tomorrow... would be great to win it against them and they also are a better footballing team than Chelsea which would make a better final

Anyone thinking of going to the final?

Goats Do Shave

VDS          - 6 - Solid enough, bar one drop... kicks are getting worse!
Hargreaves - 8 - Superb! Both in breaking forward, composure on the ball & tackling! Lost hi splayer once!
Rio            - 9 - Brilliant! Dominated & organised fantatically well! Shoe in for England Captaincy!
Wes          - 9 - First class! Weak link in the team... ""MY @RSE!"
Evra          - 9 - A winger that defends brilliantly! A pleasure to watch!
Park          - 8 - Proved his worth once again! Supoib energy!
Carrick       - 8 - Great postioning, broke up a lot of Barca attacks, his passing was better last night!
Scholes      - 8 - Horrible tackle at the start, but what a goal!!!! My favourite player! Finished? NO CHANCE!   
Nani           - 7 - Work rate was superb, almost socred goal of the season, but for a horrible shot! ran 10k before he was subbed!!
Ronaldo      - 7 - Always draws 2 or 3 opposition players to mark him, provided Scholes with the space for the goal.
Tevez        - 10 - Work rate? I'd love to see the stats on how far he ran last night! Tackles, Hard to disposess, crafty, Everywhere!

FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW, CUZ UTD ARE GOING TO MOSCOW! THERE'LL BE THOUSANDS OF ARRESTS WE'LL BE PISSED OF OUR HEADS, CUZ UTD ARE GOING TO MOSCOW!!!!!!!  :o 8) ;D

full back

Honestly cant say who I would prefer in the final.
The scousers arent as good as Utd, but in the CL the b4stards always seem to raise their game - no matter who they are playing.
Chelski on the other hand are more of a threat from midfield, with more scoring options.
Hope both teams kick the sh1te out of other tonight ;)

AZOffaly

Well done to United. I think they made it unnecessarily hard on themselves, especially the way they went about it in Barcelona, but it was , dare I say it, a Liverpool-esque European tie from them. The opposition had tonnes of ball in both games, but never really looked like they were going to score, other than maybe a shot from outside the box, or if one of those unending 1-2s around the box came off, and United defended brilliantly. Last night they pressed high up the pitch for an hour as well, and that is vital against a team like Barcelona.

Some strike by Scholes.

If Liverpool do squeak through tonight, I may emigrate before the final :D