Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteEtoo claims a steward called him a 'monkey'. The stewart denied it. There is no evidence to suggest it happened. End of.

Of course it cannot be proven.   Etoo is a much respected world class striker.   Why would he choose to go public with such an allegation against a £5-an-hour steward if there was nothing about it?   Why would he have picked out one particular steward from dozens?   Etoo had nothing to gain from the allegation.  It's as unlikley that there was nothing in it as it would be unlikely for you to walk into a police station and make an allegation of being verbally abused or assaulted by a complete stranger.

full back

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 28, 2008, 11:20:30 PM
* The Etoo one that you claim is a an allegation, that was never proved. Etoo claims a steward called him a 'monkey'. The stewart denied it. There is no evidence to suggest it happened. End of.

Off course it didnt happen :D
Top class footballers the world over are lining up to make up false racist allegations about the Chelsea staff..............

bingobus

Can't see United not making it through, the Barca defence is poor (beat 2-0 at weekend) while they haven't been scoring as you would expect for a team of their attacking capabilities.

United should play at a premiership tempo that will unsettle Barca and this will give them more chances to score than Barca will create, United will take them and go through. Wouldn't be surprised if its 3-1 United.  :(

magpie seanie

QuoteIf MU do fail (again) expect Ferguson's excuses to be as entertaining as anything his team produce on the pitch.

Of course if you were in Fergies shoes in that hypothetical situation you'd come out and say - "I'm not good enough and neither is my team" - wouldn't you?

QuoteCan't see United not making it through, the Barca defence is poor (beat 2-0 at weekend)

You can read nothing into that result because like one of the other semi finalists they are putting out virtual reserve teams in the league. That said Barcelona can be got at if they try to attack a bit. I think there will be goals tonight. It will all come down to if United can get the last goal in the final 20 minutes to convert a score draw to a win.

AZOffaly

Barca looked a bit toothless in the first leg I thought, and we all know that United can score at Old Trafford, (or anywhere if they stop trying to be cute). I think United may be cagey again tonight, which might be a mistake, so I expect Barca to have a good bit of ball, but struggle to break United down, and United to score a couple. Probably from a set piece, Ronaldo header and maybe Tevez as well.l

Henry to score for Barca when it's 2-0 and United to go through after a frantic last 10 minutes.

Rossie11

If Utd were brave enough last week this would be all over by now.
Barca were there for the taking but now with Rooney a doubt Utd look under a bit of pressure.
Ronaldo is a young lad and looked very nervous before kick off last week. If Rooney is out it will heap even more pressure on him.
They should start Tevez and go for the early goals to kill off the tie. If they play cagey it will suit Barca who can sit and wait for the chance to come.

To be honest I cant pick how it will go. I wouldn't back any result as you don't know what version of either team will show up.
Barca have the players to put one big performance together. Utd are at home and in touching distance of the final.

A word of caution for Utd is that when the big European players come to Old Trafford they usually perform.. Big Ronaldo, Raul, Redondo Kaka..
Its Messi's first trip here and although not fully fit he could turn it on big time...

Billys Boots

If Vidic and Rooney aren't fit, I think it'll be a draw - if they are I think Utd will win by one.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

nrico2006

QuoteA word of caution for Utd is that when the big European players come to Old Trafford they usually perform.. Big Ronaldo, Raul, Redondo Kaka..

Yes, those European? players did well.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

I think he means players from European teams.

Having said that I thought Messi was very good in Barcelona as well, so it's hard to see him doing much more, and they looked a bit toothless even with him there. If Vidic isn't playing, they might get a few more clear chances, but if he is, it'll probably take something savage for them to score. Also, United will score.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: under the bar on April 29, 2008, 03:52:45 PM
QuoteEtoo claims a steward called him a 'monkey'. The stewart denied it. There is no evidence to suggest it happened. End of.

Of course it cannot be proven.   Etoo is a much respected world class striker.   Why would he choose to go public with such an allegation against a £5-an-hour steward if there was nothing about it?   Why would he have picked out one particular steward from dozens?   Etoo had nothing to gain from the allegation.  It's as unlikley that there was nothing in it as it would be unlikely for you to walk into a police station and make an allegation of being verbally abused or assaulted by a complete stranger.

His side just got knocked out of Europe...he throw a wobbler. So he needed to attribute it to something. A deflection technique to get away from the result perhaps? I don't know I wasn't there. So it's his word against someone elses. As it seems is Saturday's events.

As such the allegations you make of Chelsea are pointless, as is this arguement.

For the record....my point isn't that it did or didn't happen, nor the rights or the wrongs, my point is that nothing was proved so the innocent until guilty tag exists.

Too busy to type anything longer or more intelligent on the topic (No change there then).
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

anportmorforjfc

however scores first will win. hope o'shea, flecher, park and silvestre dont play. We need to play down the wings more this week. Need to be cautious of going all-out-attack because we will get punished by Messi, eto'o, deco etc. An early goal=great game.
prediction 2-1  ;D

anportmorforjfc

TEAM NEWS
Man Utd: Van der Sar, Evra, Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Brown, Ronaldo, Park Carrick, Nani, Scholes, Tevez.
Barcelona: Valdes, Milito, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Zambrotta, Messi, Deco, Abidal, Toure.

An Fear Rua

* 1 Van der Sar
* 3 Evra
* 4 Hargreaves
* 5 Ferdinand
* 6 Brown
* 7 Cristiano Ronaldo
* 13 Park
* 16 Carrick
* 17 Nani
* 18 Scholes
* 32 Tévez

beaten before they start........ ho hum
Its Grim up North

gawa316

Just heard Alan Green on 5live saying Xavi played in the '94 4-0 mauling!!

As a 14 yr old... ???