Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Real Manchester United supporters continue to support David Moyes 100%.

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on March 28, 2014, 01:11:27 PM
real football, real people

Sidney

Quote from: seafoid on March 28, 2014, 01:53:19 PM
real football, real people
Couldn't have said it better myself.

BennyCake

That's balls. There's blinkered and there's blinkered. He's clearly not up to the job.

brokencrossbar1

More trouble ahead possibly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w2WCMa8bk_E#t=0

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/28/marouane-fellaini-under-investigation-spitting-claims-manchester-united-pablo-zabaleta

Marouane Fellaini under investigation by FA over 'spitting' claims

Marouane Fellaini's problematic first season as a Manchester United player has taken another turn for the worse after it emerged he is being investigated by the Football Association for a possible spitting offence against the Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta.

The FA are reviewing footage from City's 3-0 defeat at Old Trafford to establish whether Fellaini spat at Zabaleta in the aftermath of elbowing his opponent to the ground. Zabaleta was lying on the floor when the follow-up incident allegedly took place and the FA have seen footage, shot from behind Fellaini, that appears to incriminate the former Everton midfielder.

Zabaleta has also seen the television pictures and, though City will not lodge an official complaint, the club are expecting the FA to look further into it. The Argentinian had his hands covering his face at the time and did not see, or feel, anything other than the blow to the side of his head from Fellaini's elbow.

The FA will investigate after pictures emerged of Marourane Fellaini appearing to spit at Manchester City's Pablo Zabaleta.

If the FA think there is sufficient evidence, Fellaini will be charged with misconduct and the offence will carry a three-match ban, in line with George Boyd's punishment for his clash with Joe Hart when Manuel Pellegrini's team played at Hull City on 15 March.

The governing body will first request that Sky pass over the various camera angles from the relevant passage of the game. United will also be asked to submit their own footage. As it stands, Fellaini's face cannot be seen and the FA are likely to need something more conclusive. Nothing was reported on the night and the referee, Michael Oliver, clearly did not see anything.

Fellaini was booked for the collision with Zabaleta but fortunate not to be shown a red bearing in mind the seriousness of the offence. It is when he is protesting his innocence that he turns to Zabaleta and the television cameras capture the footage that is now in the possession of the FA's disciplinary investigators.

Fellaini has not scored once in his first season at United and his performances were criticised by Paul Scholes during his television analysis of the defeat to City. The Belgian's substitution was cheered by the home crowd, just as it was in the 3-0 defeat against Liverpool, and his explanation for the elbow has not been entirely convincing.

"I certainly didn't do it on purpose," he said. "I put my arm up to try and protect possession of the ball, and Zabaleta bounced against it. He was unlucky to make contact.

supersarsfields

And he fecking missed!!

BennyCake

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 28, 2014, 03:17:26 PM
More trouble ahead possibly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w2WCMa8bk_E#t=0

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/28/marouane-fellaini-under-investigation-spitting-claims-manchester-united-pablo-zabaleta

Marouane Fellaini under investigation by FA over 'spitting' claims

Marouane Fellaini's problematic first season as a Manchester United player has taken another turn for the worse after it emerged he is being investigated by the Football Association for a possible spitting offence against the Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta.

The FA are reviewing footage from City's 3-0 defeat at Old Trafford to establish whether Fellaini spat at Zabaleta in the aftermath of elbowing his opponent to the ground. Zabaleta was lying on the floor when the follow-up incident allegedly took place and the FA have seen footage, shot from behind Fellaini, that appears to incriminate the former Everton midfielder.

Zabaleta has also seen the television pictures and, though City will not lodge an official complaint, the club are expecting the FA to look further into it. The Argentinian had his hands covering his face at the time and did not see, or feel, anything other than the blow to the side of his head from Fellaini's elbow.

The FA will investigate after pictures emerged of Marourane Fellaini appearing to spit at Manchester City's Pablo Zabaleta.

If the FA think there is sufficient evidence, Fellaini will be charged with misconduct and the offence will carry a three-match ban, in line with George Boyd's punishment for his clash with Joe Hart when Manuel Pellegrini's team played at Hull City on 15 March.

The governing body will first request that Sky pass over the various camera angles from the relevant passage of the game. United will also be asked to submit their own footage. As it stands, Fellaini's face cannot be seen and the FA are likely to need something more conclusive. Nothing was reported on the night and the referee, Michael Oliver, clearly did not see anything.

Fellaini was booked for the collision with Zabaleta but fortunate not to be shown a red bearing in mind the seriousness of the offence. It is when he is protesting his innocence that he turns to Zabaleta and the television cameras capture the footage that is now in the possession of the FA's disciplinary investigators.

Fellaini has not scored once in his first season at United and his performances were criticised by Paul Scholes during his television analysis of the defeat to City. The Belgian's substitution was cheered by the home crowd, just as it was in the 3-0 defeat against Liverpool, and his explanation for the elbow has not been entirely convincing.

"I certainly didn't do it on purpose," he said. "I put my arm up to try and protect possession of the ball, and Zabaleta bounced against it. He was unlucky to make contact.

Hopefully they will give him 6 months, he's one of the worst players on the pitch for Utd, should have been sent off for thon clash nevermind spitting
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 28, 2014, 12:11:42 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 28, 2014, 09:42:01 AM
If this goes up I think Moyes days are numbered. Its good to see that the fans have taken Fergusons advice to 'stand by your manager'!! Talk about kicking a man when he is down, the strain of the job is clearly affecting Moyes and he looks a different man then when he entered the job. This will surely finish him now with the Sky cameras zooming in on him as the plane calling for his head hovers above him. Sky will be lapping this up if it goes ahead. Classless stuff and all because of one bad season. God forbid if they went a few years without success.   

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/27/manchester-united-plane-message-david-moyes-sacked

As a United fan, I find this ridiculous and embarrassing.

Attention seeking bollocks.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ross4life

Villa at home tomorrow the very fixture that clinched the title last season. I think its safe to say no United supporter or United hater expected such turnaround. Only the highly optimistic United supporters will think Moyes can turn it around next season with a few summer signings. TBH from what i seen this season & the fact that the new signings have made little impact i fear it's only going to get worse before it gets better. 

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 27, 2014, 11:07:32 PM
I've been on this board for going on 15 years and one thing I have noted is Seafoid's disdain for soccer yet suddenly he is very passionate about the fate of Man Utd.....?

Now what pertinent fact about the Man Utd ownership could possibly get Seafoid so worked up ?
Was wondering myself Mike, i can't recall Seafoid on this thread too often before this season.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

J OGorman

Quote from: ross4life on March 28, 2014, 08:58:12 PM
Villa at home tomorrow the very fixture that clinched the title last season. I think its safe to say no United supporter or United hater expected such turnaround. Only the highly optimistic United supporters will think Moyes can turn it around next season with a few summer signings. TBH from what i seen this season & the fact that the new signings have made little impact i fear it's only going to get worse before it gets better. 

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 27, 2014, 11:07:32 PM
I've been on this board for going on 15 years and one thing I have noted is Seafoid's disdain for soccer yet suddenly he is very passionate about the fate of Man Utd.....?

Now what pertinent fact about the Man Utd ownership could possibly get Seafoid so worked up ?
Was wondering myself Mike, i can't recall Seafoid on this thread too often before this season.

With a limited budget, who could turn utd into contenders next season? What big name managers would really want the job?

laoislad

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on March 28, 2014, 05:49:53 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 28, 2014, 12:11:42 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 28, 2014, 09:42:01 AM
If this goes up I think Moyes days are numbered. Its good to see that the fans have taken Fergusons advice to 'stand by your manager'!! Talk about kicking a man when he is down, the strain of the job is clearly affecting Moyes and he looks a different man then when he entered the job. This will surely finish him now with the Sky cameras zooming in on him as the plane calling for his head hovers above him. Sky will be lapping this up if it goes ahead. Classless stuff and all because of one bad season. God forbid if they went a few years without success.   

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/27/manchester-united-plane-message-david-moyes-sacked

As a United fan, I find this ridiculous and embarrassing.

Attention seeking bollocks.

Pictures of the Pilot just been released

ross4life

Quote from: laoislad on March 28, 2014, 09:25:45 PM
Stop living in the past Ross

Yep the past like 11 months ago. I remember Liverpool's last league title like yesterday hard to
believe its 24 years ago but hey i'll tip my hat to pool if they end that long wait this season.

Quote from: J OGorman on March 28, 2014, 09:06:37 PM

With a limited budget, who could turn utd into contenders next season? What big name managers would really want the job?

For the record i expect Moyes to be manager next season. One of biggest clubs in world football should have no problem attracting a big name manger. A limited budget like what was spent on Fellaini, Mata? regardless who is manager the first target is to get United back into the top four & then work from there. That's the reality of the situation & like i said already i fear it's only going to get worse before it gets better.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open