Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 25, 2014, 11:00:18 PM
Didn't see it as was driving up to Dublin, but listened on BBC radio 5. Jaysus they went into meltdown. Were united that bad?

Worse. Absolutely horrible to watch!

Minder

RVP not happy, on Dutch TV: 'Other United players are often in the zones I'd like to play in. I find that a pity.'
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GJL

Quote from: Minder on February 25, 2014, 11:19:24 PM
RVP not happy, on Dutch TV: 'Other United players are often in the zones I'd like to play in. I find that a pity.'

He looked very uninterested tonight. Gone in the summer I think.

ross4life

One of the worst CL away performances,results from United, took them what 80 mins to get a shot on target? Olympiakos certainly deserved to win but they didn't have to do much to earn it. The will to win, the desire to succeed has gone AWOL & judging by the body language too many of Uniteds players simply don't wanna know anyone. 

A slow start was always expected with Fergies departure & Moyes didn't have the best of luck with injuries or many breaks on the field of play but the longer this season has gone on the worse United have become. Can make all the excuses in the world, United this season have been simply woeful.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Carmen Stateside

Does any United fan blame Fergie?
Moyes wouldn't be there only for him, add into that the squad he left behind, as Keane says he had chances in recent years to improve things but never did.

trileacman

Quote from: ONeill on February 25, 2014, 10:41:31 PM
How the feck did Fergie do it, eh?

Twas always a mystery to me, especially the more recent success when they didn't have a strong squad of players but 1-2 flamboyant stars. Good to see that logic has returned to football and Fergie's sorcery is a bygone!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Unlike some others, I don't believe in kicking ye lads when you're down but I have to say this. I've said it a thousand times and it's always flatly ignored by the die-hards who insist the chosen one needs time.

I'm delighted Moyes has the job and I hope you get to the next round if it means he gets a stay of execution. As a Liverpool fan, the worst thing that could happen us now is that Moyes gets the road.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyCake

I do blame Fergie to an extent. When he bought Young in 2011, he could spent another £10 million and got Bale. A midfielder has been needed for 5 years, yet he thought Cleverley was the answer? Rio and Vidic have been on the wane for 3/4 years. That should've been sorted with established experienced players, not Smalling or Jones. He let O'Shea go too which I could never understand.

Moyes was never the man for United. Ferguson should've known that. 99% of United fans did.

Moyes needs to go before next season. Yes, the team is in transition, but United should at least be finishing top 4 while rebuilding. Not with Moyes there though.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on February 26, 2014, 12:49:06 AM
I do blame Fergie to an extent. When he bought Young in 2011, he could spent another £10 million and got Bale. A midfielder has been needed for 5 years, yet he thought Cleverley was the answer? Rio and Vidic have been on the wane for 3/4 years. That should've been sorted with established experienced players, not Smalling or Jones. He let O'Shea go too which I could never understand.

Moyes was never the man for United. Ferguson should've known that. 99% of United fans did.

Moyes needs to go before next season. Yes, the team is in transition, but United should at least be finishing top 4 while rebuilding. Not with Moyes there though.

In fairness the Manchester United board are to blame they should not have allowed Ferguson to select his own replacement and Ferguson or any top manager would have this United squad in the top four at least this season.

The Worker

Utd still have to play city, Liverpool and arsenal this season.

If Moyes fails to get at least 1 win will he be shown the road?

nrico2006

Quote from: The Worker on February 26, 2014, 07:07:48 AM
Utd still have to play city, Liverpool and arsenal this season.

If Moyes fails to get at least 1 win will he be shown the road?

Only City and Liverpool to play.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Young wearing gloves last night in Greece ffs.  Moyes shopuld have already got rid of him, Smalling, Cleverley and Valencia by this stage.  As mentioned before though, Moyes hasn't a baldy and its a joke that the club allowed Fergie to suddenly become recruitment manager.  He had a dodgy enough past with regard to signings, what made anybody think he could select a brilliant manager for the club?

Was Januzaj on the bench?  Unbelievable that Young or Valencia is ever on pitch ahead of him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Januzaj wasn't in the squad.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2014, 08:31:10 AM
Januzaj wasn't in the squad.

Was at home 'resting' despite an 11 day break coming up  ::)

DuffleKing

Who was better qualified than Ferguson to pick his successor? The Glazers? The chief exec? Sir Bobby?