Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 01, 2008, 12:04:18 PM
Jaysus Minder I don't know. With all the training they are doing, their physiques are way ahead of players of the 80's and 90's, never mind the 60's and 70's.

What im saying is they are fantastic athletes, with low bodyfat and perfect builds for their chosen sport but im not sure he would make a gret bouncer...This thread is tuning a bit gay though  :o
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on February 01, 2008, 12:46:18 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 01, 2008, 12:04:18 PM
Jaysus Minder I don't know. With all the training they are doing, their physiques are way ahead of players of the 80's and 90's, never mind the 60's and 70's.

What im saying is they are fantastic athletes, with low bodyfat and perfect builds for their chosen sport but im not sure he would make a gret bouncer...This thread is tuning a bit gay though  :o

nrico2006

I agree, but his role as a winger is that of creator and scorer.  The point is that simply because one player is playing brilliantly, a team doesn't become a '1 man team'.  
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 01, 2008, 12:55:32 PM
I agree, but his role as a winger is that of creator and scorer.  The point is that simply because one player is playing brilliantly, a team doesn't become a '1 man team'.  

You must be able to sympathise with him Nrico......being a one man team and all that  ;)

supersarsfields

ok prove it. Drop him outa the team for the next 5 games and see how ya get on!!  :P

Seriously as I said the one man team bit was tongue in cheek. And we won't know until united have to go without him for a while to see how big an input he has.

new devil

full back

AFAIK most of the games Utd have lost these season has been when Rooney isnt playing

new devil

United have lost 4 games this season with rooney not playing

Square Ball

thank god he missed this one

Ronaldo at Arsenal before Man Utd 

Wenger has established a superb record for spotting talent
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has told BBC Sport Cristiano Ronaldo had spent time with the Gunners before he joined Manchester United in August 2003.
Wenger believes the Portuguese winger Ronaldo signed for United due to the club's links with Sporting Lisbon.

Wenger said: "He was here much earlier - he could tell you that if he wants.

"Manchester United had a partnership with Sporting Lisbon when United assistant coach Carlos Queiroz moved and that made it very difficult."

Interview: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger

Wenger refused to elaborate any further when questioned about Ronaldo's time with Arsenal.

"I don't want to create any story that isn't needed," the Frenchman told BBC football correspondent Jonathan Legard.

Ronaldo has been in sensational form all season, scoring 27 goals as well as setting up countless others for the Premier League leaders.

Since joining Arsenal in 1996, Wenger has established an unparallelled reputation for identifying and buying Europe's finest young players.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Over the Bar

Despite Ronldo's obvious skill it's also his super-human fitness levels and physique that amazes his fellow pro footballers.

He was staying at Jumeirah beach hotel in Dubai during the close season (the one shaped like a sail with a driving range on the roof).    He went to the gym of an evening and put the tread mill up to 10 and max gradient and ran for a full hour. When he finished he had a crowd of dozens of fellow sporting professionals standing agape at what they just witnessed and giving him round of applause.

When our children talk of the ronaldo it won't be the fat brazilian who blew his opportunity.  Enjoy watching legendary greatness unfold before your eyes.

Minder

ONeill

Jaysus, another screamer from Manucho. He looks the real deal. I'm sure Fergie is regretting loaning him out til the rest of the season.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2008, 09:02:49 PM
Jaysus, another screamer from Manucho. He looks the real deal. I'm sure Fergie is regretting loaning him out til the rest of the season.

I think he had to for permit reasons. Why can he play in Greece and not the UK? Is the permit laws not governed across the EU?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 04, 2008, 10:06:38 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2008, 09:02:49 PM

I think he had to for permit reasons. Why can he play in Greece and not the UK? Is the permit laws not governed across the EU?

No its the home office that hand out work permits....Although there doesnt seem to be any problems for people who just come here and claim benefits....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME