Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I'm not sure what's happening with Rooney. Sometimes I think he is going to be shipped out, others I think he will be kept but converted into a midfielder. I just worry about how long it takes him to recover match fitness from even minor injuries and he hasn't looked really sharp in a while. My gut tells me something is going on but I just can't put my finger on it.

Talk about Falcao and Lewandowski and if Rooney is not going to be with United or play as a striker one or both will be needed. I think RVP was over used this season but you couldn't rest him when he was hot to be fair. Hernandez is great but needs to play with someone up with him. Think we'll see more of Kagawa next season.

Nani wouldn't be a huge loss on this seasons form but you would get good money for him I suspect (could be part of a Falcao deal?). That said, Young and Valencia have been disappointing too. I still have doubts about Rafael and it's hard to know if Buttner is good enough to replace Evra long term. Think Lindegaard will be on his way - he's good enough to get first team games elsewhere.

Obviously Bale would be just great if he could be signed. I think he should be United's top target.

Bingo

I'd like to see Fergie out and Steve Bruce in.  ;)

nrico2006

Young has been a disappointment.  Rooney has scored well this year considering the number of games he has played and injuries he has had.  There are other players out there though that will score as many if not more than him.  I would love Gotze to come to United, can't see it though.  Still need that really top class midfielder, that should be our number one target.  Buying Bale is papering over the cracks, although it would be great to get him.  I think Kagawa will have a big role next year, could he be the playmaker we need in the middle?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2013, 12:26:27 PM
Young has been a disappointment.  Rooney has scored well this year considering the number of games he has played and injuries he has had.  There are other players out there though that will score as many if not more than him.  I would love Gotze to come to United, can't see it though.  Still need that really top class midfielder, that should be our number one target.  Buying Bale is papering over the cracks, although it would be great to get him.  I think Kagawa will have a big role next year, could he be the playmaker we need in the middle?

Agree with that, buying Bale would just be a step to steam rollering the EPL it doesnt solve any issues on the Champions League front. Carrick is up there with RVP as player of the season but he seriously needs a energetic quality MF partner. Dont think Cleverly is the answer.

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on April 16, 2013, 12:31:55 PM

Agree with that, buying Bale would just be a step to steam rollering the EPL it doesnt solve any issues on the Champions League front. Carrick is up there with RVP as player of the season but he seriously needs a energetic quality MF partner. Dont think Cleverly is the answer.

Bale has had the odd good game in Europe you know. There wasn't a whole pile wrong with United in Europe. Strolled through the group and pretty unlucky to go out to Madrid who will probably win it now.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 16, 2013, 03:21:44 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 16, 2013, 12:31:55 PM

Bale has had the odd good game in Europe you know. There wasn't a whole pile wrong with United in Europe. Strolled through the group and pretty unlucky to go out to Madrid who will probably win it now.

I was alluding to the fact that United havent got the MF to be regularly winning CL's, playing Giggs IMO is not the answer. Do you see United capable of beating Barca, Bayern, Dortmund this year?

ross4life

Drew with Madrid away & were well on their way to knocking Madrid out until the Nani sending off. Arsenal gave Bayern a decent match while i don't think Barca are at that level they were in 2009,2011. Dortmund are probably still wondering how they are still in the CL.

TBH the United performances of late would struggle to beat any europa league team. Since Madrid game they have been poor the match at the weekend wasn't much of improvement but i suppose at this stage of the season it's all about winning and any type of win in the Britannia stadium is a good one. I can't see City winning all their remaining games so 5pts should be enough for 20th title and yet another successful season under Fergie. 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Arsenal beat Dortmund didn't they?

Milltown Row2

Think West Ham will turn UTD over tonight.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2013, 12:43:31 PM

West Ham away is always tough. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Farrandeelin

Any decent streams tonight?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stew

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 17, 2013, 12:53:48 PM

It just got a lot tougher!

United by 3 in this one if Hernandez comes on.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

EC Unique

Happy enough with the point. Not far to go now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on April 17, 2013, 08:02:40 PM

Fair play, they dug in and could have won it for Carroll clearing from Hernandez. Slowly though towards the title
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2013, 09:41:15 PM
Quote from: stew on April 17, 2013, 08:02:40 PM

Fair play, they dug in and could have won it for Carroll clearing from Hernandez. Slowly though towards the title

Equaliser was offside.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.