Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggy90 on October 21, 2012, 01:50:10 PM
I know what you mean about the sensitivity and touchiness surrounding the racism issue, it pisses me off as well. In saying that, if your brother was the one being abused by what you rightly termed a neanderthal, would you not take his part? I'm f**king sure I would. My boss or anyone else trying to order me against doing what I deem to be right would soon be told where to stick their "commands". As I said I don't know why Ferguson is sticking his nose in where it's not warrented.

Just to pick up on a point you made, why the fcuk should Anton Ferdinand or any other black player put up with the bile that spews out of the mouths of these "neanderthals?" You're saying football needs a "collective stance against racism" again I agree with you but if the action the authorities choose to take isn't working I think you have every right to make your own stand. Btw if you think Danny Rose acted like a spoilt child for reacting the way he did to the intense provocation he received you must have a very low child tolerance level.
Fergie has had his authority undermined by Ferdinand. The reason is secondary and we know what happens when you publicly undermine Fergie.

J70

I say fair play to Ferdinand. There are probably plenty of other black players who feel the same, but don't have the power or prestige that Ferdinand has to take a stand and defy his boss and the broader football community.

AZOffaly

Didn't hear about the Ferdinand incident, but he obviously feels that it is a load of bullshit. As for Danny Rose, I don't know how anyone could say he looked like a child. That appears to have been brutal abuse altogether.

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 22, 2012, 02:03:44 PM
Didn't hear about the Ferdinand incident, but he obviously feels that it is a load of bullshit. As for Danny Rose, I don't know how anyone could say he looked like a child. That appears to have been brutal abuse altogether.

Anyone notice DR getting booed by the Newcastle fans in yesterdays game? Maybe it was just me but I thought I could hear it few times when he touched the ball.

stew

Quote from: thewobbler on October 21, 2012, 10:28:00 AM
It thoroughly pisses me off how sensitive everyone gets around racism.

I'm in no way undermining it or relegating it, but here's a few things to bear in mind:

- If Man United have a dress code then players should adhere to it. It's their job.
- the EPL can of course do more, but racism has been curbed in England better than in any other major league in Europe. It doesn't now need its black players turning it into a personal issue.
- if a white player made a public stance of not wearing the t shirt, it would be turned into a circus by Ferdinand and co.
- Anton Ferdinand, I imagine, has endured and resolved many worse things in his life than being called names by a Neanderthal like John Terry.

Football needs a collective stance against racism. The individualistic actions of Ferdinand and Danny Rose recently do not, in my opinion, further their cause. They look like spoilt children IMHO.

You could not be more wrong on this if you tried!

It is personal for black players, John Barnes was the first high profile player I remember who got absolutely destroyed by these racists cnuts and he hasn't played in 20 odd years, things have not improved much obviously since then.

"Spoilt children" Really................. I think that for the first time in his life Ferdinand has said enough is enough and he showed some balls by going against the wishes of the FA and refusing to back a campaign that is toothless and inept, it seems he is refusing to accept mediocrity on the race issue and I applaud him and the other players who did not have it in them to back a campaign that is essentially useless from their perspective and one were they feel they were manipulated into supporting.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

rodney trotter

I'm in no way undermining it or relegating it, but here's a few things to bear in mind:

- If Man United have a dress code then players should adhere to it. It's their job.
- the EPL can of course do more, but racism has been curbed in England better than in any other major league in Europe. It doesn't now need its black players turning it into a personal issue.
- if a white player made a public stance of not wearing the t shirt, it would be turned into a circus by Ferdinand and co.
- Anton Ferdinand, I imagine, has endured and resolved many worse things in his life than being called names by a Neanderthal like John Terry.

Football needs a collective stance against racism. The individualistic actions of Ferdinand and Danny Rose recently do not, in my opinion, further their cause. They look like spoilt children IMHO.

::)

Square Ball

15 minutes gone 1 down and not even a shot. terrible passing into the bargin.... another long night beckons
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

armaghniac

ManU have little to Braga about.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Square Ball

Quote from: armaghniac on October 23, 2012, 08:05:30 PM
ManU have little to Braga about.

hat and coat please.

terrible defending again and will need t score soon

Square Ball

so SAF made sure that that the ref knew that the disallowed goal wasnt off side, so what chance a dodgy pen soon?

EC Unique

Never write them off. Leaky at the back but scoring loads. Makes for good viewing.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: EC Unique on October 23, 2012, 09:35:42 PM
Never write them off. Leaky at the back but scoring loads. Makes for good viewing.

Sure that's what it's all about, scoring more than the opposition! I had to laugh at Evans' goal though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stew

Quote from: Square Ball on October 23, 2012, 08:56:30 PM
so SAF made sure that that the ref knew that the disallowed goal wasnt off side, so what chance a dodgy pen soon?

No chance apparently.......................... you obviously think man never walked on the moon.......right????

Sometimes the decisions go with you, sometimes they don't, factoid!!!!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on October 22, 2012, 02:41:10 PM

You could not be more wrong on this if you tried!

It is personal for black players, John Barnes was the first high profile player I remember who got absolutely destroyed by these racists cnuts and he hasn't played in 20 odd years, things have not improved much obviously since then.

"Spoilt children" Really................. I think that for the first time in his life Ferdinand has said enough is enough and he showed some balls by going against the wishes of the FA and refusing to back a campaign that is toothless and inept, it seems he is refusing to accept mediocrity on the race issue and I applaud him and the other players who did not have it in them to back a campaign that is essentially useless from their perspective and one were they feel they were manipulated into supporting.

Agree 100% Stew and a little surprised at Wobbler's comments, especially about Danny Rose.

Norf Tyrone

I am not sure what Ferdinand's issue with the Kick It Out campaign is? Are they not an independent body that the FA are supporting. It's not KIO's decision that players get bans that are deemed insufficient.

I still struggle with Ferdinand's credibility in this after the choc ice incident, and can't see how he wasn't given a ban as well. I also can't understand how Anton hasn't been warned about his conduct which he admitted during the Terry incident as well.

I am with Wobbler on this. From what I can see and hear the racism issue in England around football doesn't appear to be out of control. I struggle to understand what the issue is.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone