Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 10, 2012, 06:31:46 PM
In fairness Vidic has been a big loss. The Wigan,Everton games a few weeks ago would have been won with him in the side.

two of Everton's last three goals came from midfielders allowed to run with no one tracking them, I'd suggest Manu needed a better midfield than Vidic in defence.

Vrs Man City their midfield was totally dominated.

EC Unique

Quote from: johnneycool on May 11, 2012, 09:43:53 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 10, 2012, 06:31:46 PM
In fairness Vidic has been a big loss. The Wigan,Everton games a few weeks ago would have been won with him in the side.

two of Everton's last three goals came from midfielders allowed to run with no one tracking them, I'd suggest Manu needed a better midfield than Vidic in defence.

Vrs Man City their midfield was totally dominated.

City's goal came from a school boy error in an area where Vidic would have been.

There is no doubt that Utd need to strenthen in midfield and this area has cost them dearly but the loss on Vidic can not be ignored.

imtommygunn

Goals change the dynamic of games. If City hadn't have scored that one they'd probably have scored another one anyway as they were the much better team so I doubt Vidic, though he may have been better placed for that goal, would have stopped the rot.

Definitely a big loss though Evans did surprisingly well in his absence.

I thought Scholesy was Fergie's trumph card this year and they'd have won it with him but too many weaknesses elsewhere.

Assuming City beat QPR of course...

I can't believe United have as many points this year as they do. Definitely one of the weakest teams, if not the weakest, of the Fergie era.  Testament to the man that he got so many poins out of them.

Billys Boots

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2012, 12:14:10 PM
Goals change the dynamic of games. If City hadn't have scored that one they'd probably have scored another one anyway as they were the much better team so I doubt Vidic, though he may have been better placed for that goal, would have stopped the rot.

I thought Scholesy was Fergie's trumph card this year and they'd have won it with him but too many weaknesses elsewhere.

I can't believe United have as many points this year as they do. Definitely one of the weakest teams, if not the weakest, of the Fergie era.  Testament to the man that he got so many poins out of them.

Is that a cross between trump and harrumph?  Just asking.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

imtommygunn

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 11, 2012, 02:10:34 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2012, 12:14:10 PM

Is that a cross between trump and harrumph?  Just asking.

It's a new word they put into the dictionary in honour of Donald.

BennyCake

That new kit is terrible.

What the hell was Keane sent off for there?!

EC Unique

More hope than expectation today but you never know. ;)

From the Bunker

Quote from: Declan on May 11, 2012, 02:21:01 PM
These things even themselves out over a season ;) ;)
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/survey-suggests-manchester-united-would-have-title-won-already-if-not-for-refereeing-errors-3104948.html

''More than 200 hours has been spent analysing 674 decisions from all 370 games played this season including disallowed goals, penalty incidents and sendings-off. ''

Jez, they'll do anything to write an article these days!

Captain Obvious

A cruel way to lose a title in fairness.

gallsman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 13, 2012, 04:56:19 PM
A cruel way to lose a title in fairness.

They didn't lose it today.

The Worker

Fergie time comes back to bite utd in the ass  :D

Carmen Stateside

ross4life

What a last day,incredible way to win or lose a title. 44 years waiting City fans won't ever forget today fair fcuks to them i can't begrudge.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on May 13, 2012, 05:06:00 PM
What a last day,incredible way to win or lose a title. 44 years waiting City fans won't ever forget today fair fcuks to them i can't begrudge.

fair play to you r4l.

do you agree the best team over the course of the season won it?