Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on May 10, 2012, 06:03:19 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 10, 2012, 05:32:34 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 10, 2012, 03:49:32 PM
Right guys barring all sorts of miracles from QPR time to look to next season and especially the transfer market.

Who are United actually realistically looking to bring in and get rid of?

A central midfielder needed. If not two. An experienced centre back needed.

I'd get rid of Nani (he's had 5 seasons to prove himself), Park (Doesn't have the legs now), Vidic (too reckless), Anderson (not good enough), Berbatov (dungbag).

I know i shouldn't but sure i'm bored. Nani had three good seasons in row now & is one of the best wingers in the PL. Vidic remains one of the best defenders around, i said when he got injured it would cost United about 10 points & i was proven correct.

As to answer NAG1. Berba,Owen look certain to go so a striker or two will need to come in a lot of the younger players will be loaned out including Fabio. Shinji Kagawa,Eden Hazard have been rumored to join i expect about three signings.

:o

Minder

Ross4life - Uniteds record since the Vidic injury is

W 17
D 2
L 4

Three of the losses were 3-0 Newcastle, 2-0 Wigan, 1-0 City. How many goals would Vidic have scored in those games to turn defeats into wins/draws?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Captain Obvious

In fairness Vidic has been a big loss. The Wigan,Everton games a few weeks ago would have been won with him in the side.

Minder

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 10, 2012, 06:31:46 PM
In fairness Vidic has been a big loss. The Wigan,Everton games a few weeks ago would have been won with him in the side.

United didn't score in the Wigan game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on May 10, 2012, 06:30:19 PM
Ross4life - Uniteds record since the Vidic injury is

W 17
D 2
L 4

Three of the losses were 3-0 Newcastle, 2-0 Wigan, 1-0 City. How many goals would Vidic have scored in those games to turn defeats into wins/draws?

When you consider the injuries the 17 wins from 23 games show the strength of the panel. United only needed one result turnaround to win the league most will look to the Everton game when 4 goals was let in. Wigan got their first ever result v United this season & last to not least the result that IMO will cost United the most was Blackburn at home a fit Vidic could have made all the difference.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

That's ignoring the fact Wigan didn't win that game by luck - they completely outplayed United.

gallsman

QuoteNani had three good seasons in row now & is one of the best wingers in the PL.

That stopped being true around the beginning of February 2011. He's been shite since.

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2012, 08:01:34 PM
That's ignoring the fact Wigan didn't win that game by luck - they completely outplayed United.

Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2012, 09:41:00 PM
Law of averages Wigan were to beat United but not a good night for it to happen. Well done to Wigan though fully deserved win & i hope they stay up now.
Yeah i certainly ignored it  ::)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2012, 08:09:32 PM
QuoteNani had three good seasons in row now & is one of the best wingers in the PL.

That stopped being true around the beginning of February 2011. He's been shite since.
Shite i think not. This season he's had his injuries but still ended up with about the same amount of goals & assists.

Gazzler

Quote from: ross4life on May 10, 2012, 08:10:08 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2012, 08:01:34 PM

Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2012, 09:41:00 PM
Law of averages Wigan were to beat United but not a good night for it to happen. Well done to Wigan though fully deserved win & i hope they stay up now.
Yeah i certainly ignored it  ::)

But yet you think United would have won if they have had Vidic?

ross4life

Reserve league double won tonight 8 of the starting 11 won the youth cup last season some fine talent coming through.

gallsman

Just going to ignore that Ross? Wigan fully deserved it after outplayng them at the time but now it's all because Vidic was out?

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2012, 09:46:19 PM
Just going to ignore that Ross? Wigan fully deserved it after outplayng them at the time but now it's all because Vidic was out?
Yes we do have new ignore feature on here now.

When you look at the table now all United needed was draw & with their best defender playing i believe United would have got required result.

Gazzler

Quote from: ross4life on May 10, 2012, 10:07:06 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2012, 09:46:19 PM

When you look at the table now all United needed was draw & with their best defender playing i believe United would have got required result.
:D
How do you know he wouldn't have scored an own goal and United could have lost 2-0?
You talk some shite  ;D

EC Unique

Anyone who thinks vidic would not have been of benefit points wise over the whole season clearly know very little about the game. He is a class act.