Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 15, 2012, 07:11:43 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 15, 2012, 07:06:02 PM
Sunday stroll United never needed to get out of 2nd gear to comfortably win. With four games to play United have more points now than they got all of last season.

Everton up next no doubt they will give United a better game than Villa did today.
That's two games recently that have been strolls yet Young felt compelled to cheat the rec and fellow professionals. Why?

At least the English journos have called it and admit it isnt a foreign disease.

Getting a bit melodramatic by claiming he is cheating the ref and his fellow professionals.  Its the offcials job to make the correct calls, not the players.  Another win for the champions, as mentioned poor old City are running out of games.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: orangeman on April 12, 2012, 05:37:11 PM
Man United have a poor squad - last night proved it again - If they win the league, they'll be the worst United side ever to do so and it will be a miracle if Fergie pulls it off.

Meant as a compliment of course.

A mircale for Fergie to win the league with a 5 point lead and only a lock of games left?

This years United side isn't much different from last years, but I suppose there were a lot of people spouting the same shit last year too. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on April 16, 2012, 09:37:51 AM

Penalty or not?

Actually no, because you can see in the TV footage that he hooks his foot around Clark intentionally. It's the old Robert Pires v Portsmouth trick.

Bingo

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2012, 10:09:02 AM
Man United have a poor squad - last night proved it again - If they win the league, they'll be the worst United side ever to do so and it will be a miracle if Fergie pulls it off.

A mircale for Fergie to win the league with a 5 point lead and only a lock of games left?

This years United side isn't much different from last years, but I suppose there were a lot of people spouting the same shit last year too.

I don't think he is refering to winning it from the current position but as in over the season ie how Fergie has managed to pull another out of the bag with the current squad in that It probably doesn't rank with the teams of the past but somehow he can get the best of the players and officials he has at his disposal  ;)

Scholes was a masterstroke and won the league in my eyes.

AZOffaly

Watched 15 minutes of United and Villa yesterday, and when the fat was in the fire Scholes was the best player on the field.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bingo on April 16, 2012, 10:21:33 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2012, 10:09:02 AM

I don't think he is refering to winning it from the current position but as in over the season ie how Fergie has managed to pull another out of the bag with the current squad in that It probably doesn't rank with the teams of the past but somehow he can get the best of the players and officials he has at his disposal  ;)

Scholes was a masterstroke and won the league in my eyes.
You know what orangeman meant, everyone else knew what he meant. You have to remember the combined brainpower of the people you are dealing with here.

AQMP

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 16, 2012, 10:18:09 AM

Penalty or not?

Actually no, because you can see in the TV footage that he hooks his foot around Clark intentionally. It's the old Robert Pires v Portsmouth trick.

Quite correct AZ.  There is "contact"...by Young on Clark.  Correct decision, a free to Villa.  Young was booked for diving while playing for England against Montenegro (I think) last year.  Clearly for him, a yellow card is not a deterrent.

Goats Do Shave

ziggy90

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 16, 2012, 10:18:09 AM

Penalty or not?

Nail on head AZ, cheating w**ker. I could tell you where he learned to do it as well ;) Hopefully Ferguson will beat it out of him. I was talking (blackguarding) to a young Utd fan after the game and asked him what he thought about diving, he proceeded to say that he did it when he thought he would get away with it. This lad also plays underage for one of the local GAA clubs so I suppose it would be logical to assume that the cheating culture would begin to seep in there as well. 
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

AZOffaly

Already has unfortunately. I was at an Easter Camp last week, and some of our under 8s playing football (not in hurling mind you) were doing the whole rolling on the ground and grasping various body parts. We had to explain that that was not on.

It's amazing because it's all mindset. They saw the big ball and went down if touched. In hurling they were getting an odd belt here and there, but only the odd tear was shed. No rolling around.

orangeman

I don't suppose any of you were watching the football in Croke park yesterday ?

Some of the rolling around and diving by all sides was ridiculous - the equalising point for Mayo at the end of the Kerry v Mayo game where there were 4 Kerry men round the Mayo man and the waits for Darren O'Sullivan's arm to go in and then he falls down and the ref gives them the free where they equalise from, is just as bad as the diving and feigning injury that goes on in soccer.

So in the GAA it's already here and has been for quite some time.

NAG1

Quote from: orangeman on April 16, 2012, 12:15:37 PM

Some of the rolling around and diving by all sides was ridiculous - the equalising point for Mayo at the end of the Kerry v Mayo game where there were 4 Kerry men round the Mayo man and the waits for Darren O'Sullivan's arm to go in and then he falls down and the ref gives them the free where they equalise from, is just as bad as the diving and feigning injury that goes on in soccer.

Correction, its already in Gaelic Football, wouldnt get away with any of that in the NHL or the Hurling Championship.

orangeman

Quote from: NAG1 on April 16, 2012, 12:22:09 PM

Correction, its already in Gaelic Football, wouldnt get away with any of that in the NHL or the Hurling Championship.

Agreed - hurling is exempt ( so far ).

ziggy90

I live in Birmingham so it would be fairly difficult for me to get to Croke Park. The question I asked about the diving etc would be aimed at underage players.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered