Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: laoislad on April 11, 2012, 11:14:08 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 11, 2012, 11:11:11 PM
I think Utd's only slip, apart from the City game, could possibly be in the last game away to Sunderland. City need to win all 5 games though.

John O'Shea or Wes Brown own goal in the last minute would sort it.

Man U job might just be ONeill's reward. :P 
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ross4life

Quote from: laoislad on April 11, 2012, 10:53:13 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 11, 2012, 10:47:55 PM
Villa will need points against united to be sure of safety but they're pretty rubbish so unlikely to threaten united.

The everton game depends on the fa cup result saturday. If liverpool beat everton the everton game will be an easy result for united.

Still a glimmer of hope for city but still highly unlikely I'd have thought.
If City do win the league the boys on the Naturalism - What is it all about thread will have the proof their looking for that there is a God Eric!!

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

nrico2006

United need to have more than one more slip up and as mentioned City will need to win all remaining games which is unlikely going by previous form.  The title is wrapped up, last nights result is a blessing in disguise for United as it will give them a little kick up the hole that they maybe needed in light of all the talk after the weekend.  United's form has been excellent and I expect it to continue.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

highorlow

Have Man Utd any Irish players in the squad or at youth level?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ballinaman

Robert Brady, can play centre mid or on the wing.

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 12, 2012, 08:24:50 AM
United need to have more than one more slip up and as mentioned City will need to win all remaining games which is unlikely going by previous form.  The title is wrapped up, last nights result is a blessing in disguise for United as it will give them a little kick up the hole that they maybe needed in light of all the talk after the weekend.  United's form has been excellent and I expect it to continue.

They were out played last night by the team 2nd from bottom and it took a penalty that was wrong and a dodgy red card for them to beat another team at the bottom!

People have been wondering about Mancini saying the title is still finished but it is clear that he is trying to relieve the pressure on his players. Man City played like a team feeling no pressure last night and Man Utd looked to be feeling it!

Now City are under a bit of P they could crumple again but I think their run in is easier than Utd's now and if they beat Utd at the Etihad I can't see Utd holding on! There will be a few more twists and turns yet!!

Bingo

Was telling last night that Scholes was rested. Makes United the team they have been since Christmas. I doubt he'll be rested for the remainder of the season.

ballinaman

Quote from: screenexile on April 12, 2012, 10:39:23 AM

They were out played last night by the team 2nd from bottom and it took a penalty that was wrong and a dodgy red card for them to beat another team at the bottom!

People have been wondering about Mancini saying the title is still finished but it is clear that he is trying to relieve the pressure on his players. Man City played like a team feeling no pressure last night and Man Utd looked to be feeling it!

Now City are under a bit of P they could crumple again but I think their run in is easier than Utd's now and if they beat Utd at the Etihad I can't see Utd holding on! There will be a few more twists and turns yet!!
United famously drop points at the end of the season during title run in's.....it's like they want to give hope or something to the lads behind them.......1-0 to Portsmouth a few years back with a Rio OG.........1-4 to Liverpool, 1-1 at Newcastle last year. I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet screen....

highorlow

QuoteRobert Brady, can play centre mid or on the wing.

Why are they so popular with Irish people?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Quote from: ballinaman on April 12, 2012, 11:00:42 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 12, 2012, 10:39:23 AM

United famously drop points at the end of the season during title run in's.....it's like they want to give hope or something to the lads behind them.......1-0 to Portsmouth a few years back with a Rio OG.........1-4 to Liverpool, 1-1 at Newcastle last year. I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet screen....

Yeah, they dropped points, its sport, nobody is perfect! But the way you are making it sound it's as if it was part of the great scheme of things under Fergie.
Fergie has dropped points before and lost the league, Remember the last day v West Ham when Blackburn won the League? The pressure is back on now from being well over the line, the next couple of games could be tricky.

ross4life

Yes since the defeat to Newcastle in early Jan United have been on a fine run including many clean sheets. Alot of loose chat before last night's game that the title was done & United always beat Wigan sure it was only a matter of turning up? but they took their eye off the ball & United produced their worst league performance since Jan.

In the past United's abilty to bounce back from defeats has been key, it's important to bounce straight back v Villa on Sunday but it won't be easy as they have lost fewer away games than Man City.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Seen today that Utd have never lost in a run in before with 5 games to go when winning by 5 points. I am confident they will win it. City will still drop more points.

orangeman

Man United have a poor squad - last night proved it again - If they win the league, they'll be the worst United side ever to do so and it will be a miracle if Fergie pulls it off.

Meant as a compliment of course.

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on April 12, 2012, 05:09:02 PM
Seen today that Utd have never lost in a run in before with 5 games to go when winning by 5 points. I am confident they will win it. City will still drop more points.

Seen yesterday that Wigan hadn't beaten United in 14 games......

Captain Obvious

Quote from: orangeman on April 12, 2012, 05:37:11 PM
Man United have a poor squad - last night proved it again - If they win the league, they'll be the worst United side ever to do so and it will be a miracle if Fergie pulls it off.

Meant as a compliment of course.
Ferguson isn't that much of miracle worker. If they had a poor squad and was the worst ever side they wouldn't be even challenging for title.