Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 06, 2011, 09:35:11 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on March 06, 2011, 09:07:05 PM
Grumpy old Git !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9416432.stm

This is right up Fergie's street. The world's against him, and he'll use that to motivate his troops.

United will win this me thinks.

If they need any motivation there is something wrong.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orangemac

Grumpy old Git !!!

This is right up Fergie's street. The world's against him, and he'll use that to motivate his troops.

I think it has been Fergie's motivation that has got Utd this far this season (Blackpool,Wolves (home),WBA (away)) the squad is weak IMO and too many of the better players are either getting old or off form.

Having said that unless Arsenal discover some bottle which has been missing up to now Utd will win the league ( possibly with 80/82 points).

Minder

In fairness to Arsenal and this talk of "bottle", it wasn't bottle yesterday, it was poor officiating.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaffer

Quote from: Minder on March 06, 2011, 09:43:45 PM
In fairness to Arsenal and this talk of "bottle", it wasn't bottle yesterday, it was poor officiating.

Correct

They created alot of chances as well. Sunderland never threatened to win the game.

Worh remembering that Arsenal were without Walcott, Cesc, Song and RVP.......  4 recognised first teamers .
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gawa316

Quote from: Gaffer on March 06, 2011, 09:51:08 PM

Correct

They created alot of chances as well. Sunderland never threatened to win the game.

Worh remembering that Arsenal were without Walcott, Cesc, Song and RVP.......  4 recognised first teamers .

Wrong thread imo but do you reckon arsenal need there full strength team to beat a sunderland team who don't travel paticularly well?

ballinaman

Quote from: EC Unique on March 06, 2011, 07:47:15 PM
IMO the first 2 goals would not have been scored if vidic had played.

Will never know that obviously. Its a pretty sickening thing to wake up at 3am half asleep and check the laptop and get a result like this!

Could see it a mile off though. Been shaky for a good few weeks now. Lots of football to be played yet, hard to pick a winner at this stage. Hopefully Nani injury isn't that bad, doesn't look that bad from the picture anyways. If United get Valencia back playin half decent for the last 5 games it will be a bonus.

Orangemac

Birmingham should have had a penalty last week. It's a cliche but over 38 games these things generally even themsleves out. Listening to the game Arsenal seemed to start very slowly and there only seemed to be any real urgency in the last 20 mins or so.
Deep down this is what was annoying Wenger, not the 2 decisions ( incorrect ones) which went against Arsenal.

United seem to be able to get away with not playing well and getting a result more than Arsenal do. As bad as Utd have been in some games this season they would not surrender a 4 goal lead like Arsenal diid at Newcastle or throw away a game like Spurs at home when the game seemed over at halftime.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Minder on March 06, 2011, 09:40:03 PM
Grumpy old Git !!!

It's funny that the same players under Dalglish seem more motivated than the same players under Hodgson.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Quote from: gawa316 on March 06, 2011, 09:56:02 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on March 06, 2011, 09:51:08 PM

Correct

Wrong thread imo but do you reckon arsenal need there full strength team to beat a sunderland team who don't travel paticularly well?

Poor officiating fair enough but Sunderland also have injury problems & they don't have replacements of the quality of Arse.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 06, 2011, 11:11:57 PM
Grumpy old Git !!!

It's funny that the same players under Dalglish seem more motivated than the same players under Hodgson.

Will we see the same motivation when they play Sunderland next week? prior to the United game the same players under Dalglish didn't seem too motivated v Sparta Prague,Wigan & West ham.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

nrico2006

Carragher should have been sent off, cannot stand his constant roaring in players and referees faces, was at it yesterday after the tackle as if he felt he was being victimised.  Rafaels tackle was reckless but he was provoked by an outrageous tackle from Maxi.

United missed Vidic and Rio badly, but hopefully within the next few weeks Nani will be back along with Valencia and Park too.  When is Anderson back?  These players will be the difference in winning the league and not.  United have lost 2 in a row but are still top of the league, but every United fan will feel that the most important thing over the next few months is getting a new owner and revamping the midfield of the team come the summer.  I gave off about Carrick the other day, and I couldn't believe he started yesterday, especially with Scholes. You cannot play the two of them together, someone with a bit of athleticism like Anderson.  I saw shades of the Munich game last year when Nani headed the ball back into his own box and Carrick made a mess at dealing with the situation.  Really depresses me watching him, United really need to fork out on a few world clss midfielders this summer. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2011, 09:06:19 AM
Carragher should have been sent off, cannot stand his constant roaring in players and referees faces, was at it yesterday after the tackle as if he felt he was being victimised.  Rafaels tackle was reckless but he was provoked by an outrageous tackle from Maxi.

United missed Vidic and Rio badly, but hopefully within the next few weeks Nani will be back along with Valencia and Park too.  When is Anderson back?  These players will be the difference in winning the league and not.  United have lost 2 in a row but are still top of the league, but every United fan will feel that the most important thing over the next few months is getting a new owner and revamping the midfield of the team come the summer.  I gave off about Carrick the other day, and I couldn't believe he started yesterday, especially with Scholes. You cannot play the two of them together, someone with a bit of athleticism like Anderson.  I saw shades of the Munich game last year when Nani headed the ball back into his own box and Carrick made a mess at dealing with the situation.  Really depresses me watching him, United really need to fork out on a few world clss midfielders this summer.

Nail on head..

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 06, 2011, 11:11:57 PM
Grumpy old Git !!!

Yeah funny that. The way players would be more motivated to play under a legend who's revered at the club and regarded as their greatest player ever as opposed to a man who won a few leagues in Sweden and speaks with a funny voice  ;)

supersarsfields

ahhh right well if he was provoked sure it's alright. Carraragher and Rafael should have walked. Maxi's was a yellow tops.
Regarding the shouting at the ref, it would be harsh to single carra out considering Nani's jumping about before deciding to play dead. And that's before you'd start on Rooney who'll hardly get through a game without giving the ref a mouthful!!   

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: supersarsfields on March 07, 2011, 09:56:09 AM

ahhh right well if he was provoked sure it's alright. Carraragher and Rafael should have walked. Maxi's was a yellow tops.
Regarding the shouting at the ref, it would be harsh to single carra out considering Nani's jumping about before deciding to play dead. And that's before you'd start on Rooney who'll hardly get through a game without giving the ref a mouthful!!

or evras constant atempts to get players booked o sent off.
they are professional footballers, unfortunatly, thats the way most of them behave
agree with SS, carragher & rafeal could both have seen red, maxis challenge was a  definate yellow
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either