Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

118cmal

Quote from: ross4life on October 29, 2010, 07:33:33 PM
Giggs starts training Monday. M.Owen out 4-5 weeks. Rooney initial prognosis was three weeks, fergie says it could be longer out of Manchester Derby? Hargreaves was making progress but is back with physios  :-\

Injuries aside a big top 5 game tomorrow! again Fergie will have one eye on the Champions league Tuesday game so what type of team will he go with?

The game promises plenty of goals & hopefully United continue their good record vs Spurs at OT

To be honest I don't think Fergie will have any eyes on Tuesday until after tomorrow.  It's still early doors in the league but it wouldn't be wise to allow Chelsea any further advantage because at the moment they're looking very strong.  I'm sure he'll go with what he believes is his best starting XI.

Hopefully he'll go with:

VDS

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Nani
Scholes
Fletcher
Park

Hernandez
Berbatov

However I have a feeling he may start with just Berba up top and 3 in centre midfield (where spurs are very strong).  Probably Anderson/Carrick coming in.  Big big test for Rafael tomorrow if he's pitted against Bale.

Norf Tyrone

Harry says he is 'resting' Bale. Hmmm. What message does that send out to his team who have not beat United since 1989!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Boycey

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 30, 2010, 01:27:03 PM
Harry says he is 'resting' Bale. Hmmm. What message does that send out to his team who have not beat United since 1989!

Saw that yesterday in press conference, was hoping it was tongue in cheek and have kept Bale in my fantasy footie 11

ross4life

Maybe he remembers the April game where both Valencia/Nani have plenty of joy on Bale? i'll believe it when i see it & Norfs Chelsea with the chance to go 8 points ahead of United but he's still concerned Hmmm.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Confirmed teams

VDS, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Park, Hernandez, Berbatov
Subs TK, Brown, Smalling, Scholes, O'Shea, Obertan, Bebe

Scholes rested for Tuesday?

Gomes, Hutton, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Modric, Jenas, Bale, Van der Vaart, Keane. Subs: Cudicini, Pavlyuchenko, Palacios, Crouch, Bassong, Kranjcar, Sandro.

Bale starts!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on October 30, 2010, 03:33:15 PM

Maybe he remembers the April game where both Valencia/Nani have plenty of joy on Bale? i'll believe it when i see it & Norfs Chelsea with the chance to go 8 points ahead of United but he's still concerned Hmmm.

Who say's I am concerned? It's a FFL 'thang'!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

I think the ref has Nani in his Fantasy football team  :D

ross4life

Performance average at best! keeping a clean sheet & winning excellent.

Edit* Having watched back the replay of the second goal 10 times now... that has to be the most stupid goalkeeping ever?

Celt_Man

Quote from: ross4life on October 30, 2010, 07:26:03 PM
Performance average at best! keeping a clean sheet & winning excellent.

Edit* Having watched back the replay of the second goal 10 times now... that has to be the most stupid goalkeeping ever?

Was thinking the same - whatever about the referee, if Gomez was in doubt why wouldn't he boot the ball 60 yards and be clear of it
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

beer baron

Go on Vidic you beauty 25/1 ding dang do!

ross4life

Kinda reminded me of this goal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y0kpT_DD6I

Anyways should have been a penalty & United deserved the win so spurs can't have any complaints.

P.S the ESPN commentators were so abu it was a joke!

Celt_Man

Quote from: beer baron on October 30, 2010, 07:51:13 PM

Well fook ya... pints are on you tonight so!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

beer baron

Quote from: Celt_Man on October 30, 2010, 08:10:57 PM
Quote from: beer baron on October 30, 2010, 07:51:13 PM

Well fook ya... pints are on you tonight so!!

Tomorrow theyy're on me,bookies closed tonight  >:(

ross4life

How did you get odds of 25/1? was 10/1 when i checked paddy power last night

beer baron

Quote from: ross4life on October 30, 2010, 08:15:54 PM
How did you get odds of 25/1? was 10/1 when i checked paddy power last night

For 1st goal only 10/1?That must've been a mistake,he would've been around 9 or 10/1 to score anytime!