Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Minder on October 20, 2010, 09:57:19 AM
Does anyone actually believe the "club didn't match my ambition " bullshit?

Pure shite.

From bbc

Ferguson stunned observers by laying bare the fall-out with his star striker at an extraordinary media conference on Tuesday.

English newspapers reported the manager had put across a feeling of betrayal that posed the question whether Rooney had put loyalty to his club above money.

'Roo's let Utd down,' said a headline in the Sun, while the Daily Mirror's simply read: 'Betrayal'.

The Guardian added that Ferguson's speech "nailed several myths and cast Rooney as a mercenary with no regard for United's health".

But Rooney's representatives are privately saying it is ambition, and not riches, that is driving his thinking.

longrunsthefox

Not that long ago Utd supporters were gloating when the mercenary 'once a blue' did the same at Everton... what goes around etc

nrico2006

Quote from: Minder on October 20, 2010, 09:57:19 AM
Does anyone actually believe the "club didn't match my ambition " bullshit?

If United can't match his ambition then who can?

Pure crap, he is purely after a bigger contract from another club (likely to be City), he is only on £90k a week at United and the fact that he has lost so many sponsors recently has probably made him realise that £90k a week isn't what he should be getting, especially if YoYo Toure gets about 200k a week. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 20, 2010, 10:00:18 AM
You have to wonder if this has maybe also been "encouraged" as the money men see that he is an asset that is maybe not going to increase in value after this year and have deliberately offered him a "contract" that may not be what he would get at say Madrid.  The need to service the debts the same way as Liverpool did so this is a handy way to pick up £50m.

Ferguson said they hadn't even got to the stage of talking about money. As present unfortunately United are comfortablly servicing their debt, I'd say flogging Rooney would have the opposite effect of weakening Uniteds position and making them less likely to service that debt.

Not sure if 50 mill is achievable either unless City were the destination as negotiating doesn't seem to interest them. Milner, Lescott and Toure all just south of 30mill and most bizarrely of all De Jong for 18 mill when he was free to move for 2mill a couple of months later.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: EC Unique on October 20, 2010, 10:13:22 AM
Don't think Utd could get near £50m given only 18 months left on his contract. Half that, maybe a bit more.

He can buy out of his own contract next Summer as well for just 5M and become a free agent.

Boycey

Quote from: Boycey on October 20, 2010, 10:51:35 AM
You have to wonder if this has maybe also been "encouraged" as the money men see that he is an asset that is maybe not going to increase in value after this year and have deliberately offered him a "contract" that may not be what he would get at say Madrid.  The need to service the debts the same way as Liverpool did so this is a handy way to pick up £50m.

Ferguson said they hadn't even got to the stage of talking about money. As present unfortunately United are comfortablly servicing their debt, I'd say flogging Rooney would have the opposite effect of weakening Uniteds position and making them less likely to service that debt.

Not sure if 50 mill is achievable either unless City were the destination as negotiating doesn't seem to interest them. Milner, Lescott and Toure all just south of 30mill and most bizarrely of all De Jong for 18 mill when he was free to move for 2mill a couple of months later.

Lifted from football365 but covers the sentiment I was trying to express..

Can anything good come out of this for United?
In the short-term, no - unless Rooney caves in and u-turns. In the medium term, it's impossible to envisage this particular United side triumphing without Rooney - just look at how their form has crumbled since he was injured March. The observation that United need Rooney more than Rooney needs United is a fair one.

This is a transfer that is entering new territory at Old Trafford because never before have they sold on anything but their terms. Perhaps, therefore, 'this' will be of long-term benefit to United, because their current business structure is unsustainable. The debts saddled to the club by the Glazers are a one-way route to long-term decline. If Rooney's transfer sparks a revolution then, perhaps, some good will eventually come of it.

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on October 20, 2010, 12:19:52 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 20, 2010, 10:51:35 AM

Lifted from football365 but covers the sentiment I was trying to express..

Can anything good come out of this for United?
In the short-term, no - unless Rooney caves in and u-turns. In the medium term, it's impossible to envisage this particular United side triumphing without Rooney - just look at how their form has crumbled since he was injured March. The observation that United need Rooney more than Rooney needs United is a fair one.

This is a transfer that is entering new territory at Old Trafford because never before have they sold on anything but their terms. Perhaps, therefore, 'this' will be of long-term benefit to United, because their current business structure is unsustainable. The debts saddled to the club by the Glazers are a one-way route to long-term decline. If Rooney's transfer sparks a revolution then, perhaps, some good will eventually come of it.

A revolution is the only thing that can maybe come good out of this situation, the whole world knows what has been going on for a long time now with the Yanks but its about time that real action was taken.  Fergie has been sitting on the fence for too long aswell, I think the only way a 'revoultion' will happen is if he decides to chuck on the Green and Yellow scarf, no matter what the consequences. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

What difference exactly would that make?
Glazers sack SAF and get another puppet in to manage in his place and the world continues as normal, fact is only change will happen when the Glazers want it to.

snoopdog

He has been a brilliant player for Manchester United  won League titles played in 2 European Cup finals winning one. won the world club chanpiioonship Fa Cup league cups, yet he is leaving for money.
fcuk him. end of.
Never want to see him in a United Shirt again. Get him out and try to screw him as much as possible in his destination in January.
He wasnt loyal to his wife or his beloved Everton so why would he be any different to United.
Get him and the Glazers out.

Boycey

Quote from: NAG1 on October 20, 2010, 02:00:48 PM
What difference exactly would that make?
Glazers sack SAF and get another puppet in to manage in his place and the world continues as normal, fact is only change will happen when the Glazers want it to.

Fergie is the only thing protecting them from oblivion at the minute should Rooney go, niave to think they could just replace him and carry on as normal.

Rooney due to release a statement this afternoon, be good to see if his spin doctors are as good as Fergie.

magpie seanie

Did anyone else hear Paddy Crerard having a blob strop on Newstalk this morning at the very mention of the debt at United? He hung up on Ivan Yates during the interview.

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 20, 2010, 02:28:08 PM
Did anyone else hear Paddy Crerard having a blob strop on Newstalk this morning at the very mention of the debt at United? He hung up on Ivan Yates during the interview.

A fella was telling me about it earlier on, accused him of doing a Dunphy before slamming the phone down  :D. Paddy be a good company man.

ross4life

Have to question the timing of the press conference while i believe  it was used to increase his value maybe just maybe it's fergie's last straw.. using the media to change his mind?

At the moment 90% of media are on Fergie's side but when Rooney speak's he'll probably change the medias mind with some BS  ::)

Interesting point made by Andy Gray yesterday, when Rooney was discussing the new 5 year deal he found out when fergie is due to leave

IMO United need to do a similar deal that Inter did with Barca but the question is who would be a good swap for Rooney?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on October 20, 2010, 03:27:08 PM
Have to question the timing of the press conference while i believe  it was used to increase his value maybe just maybe it's fergie's last straw.. using the media to change his mind?

At the moment the 90% of media are on Fergie's side but when Rooney speak's he'll probably change the medias mind with some BS  ::)

Interesting point made by Andy Gray yesterday, when Rooney was discussing the new 5 year deal he found out when fergie is due to leave

IMO United need to do a similar deal that Inter did with Barca but the question is who would be a good swap for Rooney?

Angela Lansbury?

Desmond Tutu??

Ok we give up, tell us.

MWWSI 2017

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on October 20, 2010, 03:27:08 PM

At the moment 90% of media are on Fergie's side but when Rooney speak's he'll probably change the medias mind with some BS  ::)

Surely the fact he wants to leave decreases his value?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone