Derry
22 (66.7%)
Monaghan
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

screenexile

Quote from: smelmoth on April 28, 2023, 05:36:27 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2023, 12:32:25 PM
Murphy gets it spot on here to be fair to him . . .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/65418835

So Murphy thinks that if Derry break out and McManus and McCarron decided to hold their position in the FF line that the Derry full back line, sweeper and keeper would run past them and join the breakout? It would be interesting to watch.

😂😂 good point. I imagine we'd keep one or 2 back in that case... It will mean more room in their defence though which is why teams that have beaten Derry recently have committed all 15 back when Derry have the ball.

seafoid

I remember the first half of the all Ireland semi last year. It was weird. Derry imposed an extremely tight defence on Galway. It was disciplined and low scoring plus very dull to watch. Are Derry likely to do the same on Sunday ?

seafoid

A lot will depend on the Derry goalie. Will he stay in position or will he go walkies ? Last year when he did it meant Derry were weak in attack.

JoG2

Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2023, 06:40:53 PM
I remember the first half of the all Ireland semi last year. It was weird. Derry imposed an extremely tight defence on Galway. It was disciplined and low scoring plus very dull to watch. Are Derry likely to do the same on Sunday ?

Do you really??  ;D

seafoid

Quote from: JoG2 on April 28, 2023, 07:56:51 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2023, 06:40:53 PM

Do you really??  ;D
I preferred the second half

Angus MacGyver

Monaghan absolutely need to get more pace and running power into their forward line, in a defensive sense as well as to pick open the Derry defence. McCarron and McManus can't play together against this Derry team, and the worry from a Monaghan supporters perspective is that V.Corey's solution will just be to bring Shane Carey in. In fairness, he had a very good impact against Tyrone but I don't think he will give Derry enough to worry about early on. Sean Jones? Off the bench I would think. Woods a huge miss in this regard. Dessie Ward to FF for me if he has the fitness.

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2023, 07:08:39 PM
A lot will depend on the Derry goalie. Will he stay in position or will he go walkies ? Last year when he did it meant Derry were weak in attack.

He assisted a goal against Monaghan with one of his forays last year!!

Tyrone Split

I see the commentary is on Northern Sound. Shown on GAAGo - what channel is that on the dodgy firesticks ??   ;D. lol!     ...?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Tyrone Split on April 29, 2023, 01:36:58 PM
I see the commentary is on Northern Sound. Shown on GAAGo - what channel is that on the dodgy firesticks ??   ;D. lol!     ...?

It's usually a scrolling match under the GAA section until you find it. ...last week Armagh Cavan was under another fixture name altogether

Tyrone Split

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 29, 2023, 01:41:54 PM

It's usually a scrolling match under the GAA section until you find it. ...last week Armagh Cavan was under another fixture name altogether

Thanks a million, that'll do. 👍

omagh_gael

Another accident on a5 and its closed according to twitter

RedHand88

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 29, 2023, 03:02:28 PM
Another accident on a5 and its closed according to twitter

You're joking me, where are you seeing this?

Edit: Tyrone gaa twitter have it

Armagh18

is it not on bbc?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 29, 2023, 03:34:40 PM
is it not on bbc?
GAAGO for this match.  Armagh v Down live on BBC tomorrow.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

red hander

Quote from: Tyrone Split on April 29, 2023, 02:16:09 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 29, 2023, 01:41:54 PM

Thanks a million, that'll do. 👍

GAA 00