Predict the winner

Derry
22 (66.7%)
Monaghan
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Estimator

Derry team named last night:
Its another example of Gallagher's consistency in picking teams... There are only two personel changes in the starting 15 between the Monaghan semi-final last year and this year.
McEvoy and P Tad replacing S Downey and B Heron.
Ulster League Champions 2009

screenexile

I don't care what the score is as long as Derry are ahead and we've no injuries!

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

jmcgdoire

Such an incentive to win this game! Theres a case to be made that a team would rather fall into a group as a 3 seed than a 2.

I expect it to go very similar to last year: The better team in Derry should win but wont be easy and will take goals.

Need to get good production from toner and loughlin inside. If not then lachlan murray should be in there. Hope to see mcfaul feature too.

Onthe40

Strange decision to drop Karl OConnell..thought he was brilliant v Tyrone.. ??

Estimator

Quote from: Onthe40 on April 28, 2023, 11:28:09 AM
Not sure that is a starting line up, was sure K Hughes, with his influence in the second half performance against Tyrone, would definitely be starting this week.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Estimator on April 28, 2023, 11:41:31 AM
Quote from: Onthe40 on April 28, 2023, 11:28:09 AM
Not sure that is a starting line up, was sure K Hughes, with his influence in the second half performance against Tyrone, would definitely be starting this week.

k Hughes hasn't the legs to start

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2023, 09:17:28 AM
I don't care what the score is as long as Derry are ahead and we've no injuries!

100%

Personally, I think this game will be a tight affair.
Derry should win, but it would be no major surprise if Monaghan won. They have plenty of runners and energy.
I don't think they will get the frees they got against Tyrone, so they will need to score more from play and it remains to be seen if they can.
Derry, if they play to their potential will close the back door and will have enough different scorers to get over the line.

A tentative, Derry by 3.

screenexile

yellowcard

Monaghan to win this by a point in a low scoring arm wrestle AET. Don't think either side is blessed with squad depth but Monaghan might just have a little bit more.

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2023, 12:32:25 PM
Murphy gets it spot on here to be fair to him . . .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/65418835

Analysis of this game aside, Murphy really is very good in terms of analysis and punditry.
I didn't think I'd like him much, but imo he's pick of the bunch right now.

twohands!!!

Quote from: tbrick18 on April 28, 2023, 01:48:46 PM

Analysis of this game aside, Murphy really is very good in terms of analysis and punditry.
I didn't think I'd like him much, but imo he's pick of the bunch right now.

How long before he ends up as Donegal manager?
Besides Letterkenny IT has he been involved in any club management?

naka

Actually fancy Monaghan to cause a wee surprise here, they should understand their mistakes from last year .

smelmoth

So Murphy thinks that if Derry break out and McManus and McCarron decided to hold their position in the FF line that the Derry full back line, sweeper and keeper would run past them and join the breakout? It would be interesting to watch.