The Great Christmas Cocktail Sausage Poll

Started by Tony Baloney, December 24, 2022, 02:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocktail sausages with your Christmas dinner?

Yes - Live in the North.
51 (57.3%)
Yes - Live in the South.
2 (2.2%)
No - Live in the North.
17 (19.1%)
No - Live in the South.
19 (21.3%)

Total Members Voted: 89

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: AustinPowers on December 25, 2022, 10:29:12 PM
Couldn't help  but think of  this thread while  looking at  my cocktail sausages on the side of my  plate earlier

It's been  ruined  for me now . Now I'm  beginning to question everything

Thats the beauty of this place. Some the best thinkers in ireland on here. All subjects covered

AustinPowers

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on December 25, 2022, 10:50:35 PM
You should.
And start with turkey. Do you really like it or is it punching way above its weight due to festive sentimentality?

Ach now you've got  me questioning the turkey ffs.  Tbh it's probably just sliiiiiiightly in third  place behind the gammon (don't tell me that's also a north/south  thing?) and stuffing.

What about the overnight peas?  That's  essential in our house

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AustinPowers on December 26, 2022, 12:47:11 AM
You should.
And start with turkey. Do you really like it or is it punching way above its weight due to festive sentimentality?

Ach now you've got  me questioning the turkey ffs.  Tbh it's probably just sliiiiiiightly in third  place behind the gammon (don't tell me that's also a north/south  thing?) and stuffing.

Could be tempted on changing it also, cooking for nine, starters mains and desserts!! Had a cheek to finish off with a turkey stuffing sandwich!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

You should.

Is that what you Northerners call ham?

gawa316

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 25, 2022, 08:59:32 PM
Just coming out of my sausage coma now. Managed 13 (PB).  There's a few sitting in the fridge now that may have to be looked at shortly.

I could eat about 40 of them and then the leftover cold ones are near as good.

Went to the father in laws for Christmas dinner today and he served up Cioppino  :'(

trueblue1234

Quote from: gawa316 on December 26, 2022, 05:32:42 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 25, 2022, 08:59:32 PM
Just coming out of my sausage coma now. Managed 13 (PB).  There's a few sitting in the fridge now that may have to be looked at shortly.

I could eat about 40 of them and then the leftover cold ones are near as good.

Went to the father in laws for Christmas dinner today and he served up Cioppino  :'(

Had to google that. You have my sympathies. I'll send you across a pack of cookstown's finest.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Please don't tell me anyone here is one of those weirdos who puts chips on their Christmas dinner.

Happy Boxing Day.

laoislad

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 26, 2022, 08:53:09 AM
Please don't tell me anyone here is one of those weirdos who puts chips on their Christmas dinner.

Happy Boxing Day.
I put potato croquettes on mine.
Have a nice St Stephens Day.... ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tubberman

Never has the North seemed more mysterious and foreign...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 26, 2022, 02:46:05 AM
You should.

It's a ham here. I am NOT starting another poll.

ONeill

Nothing like a gammon and black puddin in Veda bread to start off a Boxing Day before the hunt.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 26, 2022, 02:46:05 AM
You should.

Some do. Some don't

I just wanted to  sound sophisticated

Milltown Row2

Staying off food till I get my turkey curry later.. dogs finished off the sausages this morning so no more till next year ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Diana Henry is from the wee North and she has a great recipe for chicken stuffed with sausage meat and pine nuts. My father in law used to love it. That recipe could probably be upscaled to fit a turkey's arse and would be tastier than plain cocktail sausages because it would have all the juices from the bird. But I would draw the line at Boxing Day.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 26, 2022, 11:29:07 AM
Staying off food till I get my turkey curry later.. dogs finished off the sausages this morning so no more till next year ;D
Turkey curry? Do you not have another full dinner today?