Meath vs Dublin 17th June

Started by meathie, June 05, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agorm

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 13, 2007, 08:34:49 PM
The Meath support seems to have been quite poor this last few years, any sign of it returning for Sunday? Surely a county like Meath should be able to get 25-30000 for a match like this. Its very hard to call again on Sunday but I think Meath will do it. With there top scoring forward back its a potent full forward line. Not totally convinced by Joe Sheridan in the full forward line, would Ward be the better option? Who will Farrell come in for? Meath do seem to have good options at the minute in the forwards.

it's hard to bring 25K people when we only get 8K tickets! Tickets seem to be even more difficult to get for this one. For games like this there should be no tickets going to Ticketmaster and any tickets sent through Leinster Council should only be to people that have a record of purchase in previous games. It's galling that there were 4K empty seats the last day and many people could not get tickets.

The 82K tickets should break down something like this
Dublin 20K
Meath 15K
Louth 15K
Wexford 15K
Remainder to Leinster Council etc etc.

Dinny Breen

QuoteMeath 15K

Hardly fair to the Dubs considering Meath only sold approx 4000 tickets for the Kildare game. Why should the Meath bandwagon be catered for ahead of Dublin supporters who regularly filled Croke Park since 2000?
#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: agorm on June 14, 2007, 01:16:44 PM
The Meath support seems to have been quite poor this last few years, any sign of it returning for Sunday? Surely a county like Meath should be able to get 25-30000 for a match like this. Its very hard to call again on Sunday but I think Meath will do it. With there top scoring forward back its a potent full forward line. Not totally convinced by Joe Sheridan in the full forward line, would Ward be the better option? Who will Farrell come in for? Meath do seem to have good options at the minute in the forwards.

it's hard to bring 25K people when we only get 8K tickets! Tickets seem to be even more difficult to get for this one. For games like this there should be no tickets going to Ticketmaster and any tickets sent through Leinster Council should only be to people that have a record of purchase in previous games. It's galling that there were 4K empty seats the last day and many people could not get tickets.

Dublin 20K
Meath 15K
Louth 15K
Wexford 15K

On what basis at all can you argue for that split of tickets?????

Population base - No
Player base - No
Attendance at previous matches - No

Declan

QuoteTickets seem to be even more difficult to get for this one

Correct. I know that our club had requests for about 250 and when I was last speaking to Sec was told that they only expected to get about 100!!!

darbyo

QuoteFor games like this there should be no tickets going to Ticketmaster and any tickets sent through Leinster Council should only be to people that have a record of purchase in previous games. It's galling that there were 4K empty seats the last day and many people could not get tickets.

100% correct, is it not possible for the name, address and number of tickets of the purchaser to be recorded by each county?. This would then be kept on a central database in headquarters, so when tickets are allocated to the county the most loyal supporters are contacted and offered the best tickets. this would have the added benefit of encouraging people to attend league and 1st round championship games to give themselves the best chance of getting a ticket to the big games.

Tankie

Quote from: agorm on June 14, 2007, 01:16:44 PM

Dublin 20K
Meath 15K
Louth 15K
Wexford 15K

Thats a crazy breakdown, i think that this would be more fair and realistic:

Dublin 45K
Meath 10K
Louth 5K
Wexford 8K
Grand Slam Saturday!

Hardy

The Meath team is announced - Brian Farrell named at no. 15, GG at no.10, at the expense of Peter Curran. No other changes.

Hound

I would have put Wexford as the worst supported football team (in numbers attending terms) that competes in Leinster.

Well it seems GG is fit enough to play in the half forward line. Good news and bad news - he'll be more involved but further away from the goals. I'd imagine Barry Cahill will be the man with the job of curtailing his influence.

Sky Blue

A senior double header makes no sense to anyone. The should have put a ladies game or a minor match on before the big one. Louth-Wexford would be better suited to Portlaois or Tullamore. You'll find that 20,000 Dubs will miss the match. Now how on God's Earth does that promot the GAA in the Capital? I just can't understand what the GAA are trying to achieve sometime. Complete maddness!

Hardy

Quote from: Hound on June 15, 2007, 09:34:49 AM
Well it seems GG is fit enough to play in the half forward line. Good news and bad news - he'll be more involved but further away from the goals. I'd imagine Barry Cahill will be the man with the job of curtailing his influence.

I always preferred to see him in the half forward line myself - always thought he was more dangerous and gave more options when running at the defence. But, for this game, I think it would have been better to leave him on the edge of the square, as he showed he can win his ball there against the Dublin full back line, score goals, cause penalty-conceding panic, break ball for Farrell and Sheridan and ruffle ( :)) the corner back, who might feel he needs to prove something and get a card or two in the process.

It might happen anyway. The announced positions are just numbers on the programme. And it might not make sense to place GG at a half forward, given the amount of ground half forwards are expected to cover these days. It might line up as Bray, Reilly, Byrne, Sheridan, Geraghty, Farrell.

Hardy

I have a spare ticket for Sunday (seated, but don't know location yet) if anyone here is stuck.

thejuice

The Meath team to play Dublin in Sunday's Leinster SFC replay is as follows

Brendan Murphy

Eoghan Harrington
Darren Fay
Niall McKeigue

Seamus Kenny
Anthony Moyles
Caoimhin King

Mark Ward
Nigel Crawford

Graham Geraghty
Kevin Reilly
Peadar Byrne

Stephen Bray
Joe Sheridan
Brian Farrell

There is one change in personnel from the drawn game.
Brian Farrell returns at the expense of Peter Curran.
Graham Geraghty moves out from the corner to the half-forward
line to facilitate Farrell's return
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Hardy - nothing I'd like more than to take that ticket off your hands but we have our own fish to fry on Sunday le cunamh Dé. Savage weekend in prospect.

EannaAbu

cant believe ward didnt get a jersey for sunday after his 5 points the last day