Meath vs Dublin 17th June

Started by meathie, June 05, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Great scrambling to try and distribute the pressure, lads but it's plain as the frown on Pillar's face where the pressure is concentrated. THe Meath team, management and supporters are going around with grins on their faces, just happy to be the thorn in Dublin's side again. Don't get me wrong – we fully expect to do the job this time but if we don't there'll be nothing but satisfaction at a good start for the new management and eager anticipation of the qualifiers.

Satisfaction at getting beaten? Jesus how the mighty have fallen. Shit or burst for both teams on sunday-the losers are out of the all-ireland race because neither will emerge from the backdoor-that  i will guarantee. Meath can play the PR game but their public expect on sunday and getting beaten by dublin won't be acceptable (unless meath are going soft compared to previous teams)

Gnevin

Quote from: INDIANA on June 13, 2007, 07:01:21 PM
Great scrambling to try and distribute the pressure, lads but it's plain as the frown on Pillar's face where the pressure is concentrated. THe Meath team, management and supporters are going around with grins on their faces, just happy to be the thorn in Dublin's side again. Don't get me wrong – we fully expect to do the job this time but if we don't there'll be nothing but satisfaction at a good start for the new management and eager anticipation of the qualifiers.

Satisfaction at getting beaten? Jesus how the mighty have fallen. Shit or burst for both teams on sunday-the losers are out of the all-ireland race because neither will emerge from the backdoor-that  i will guarantee. Meath can play the PR game but their public expect on sunday and getting beaten by dublin won't be acceptable (unless meath are going soft compared to previous teams)
They've got soft Indiana , they didn't even try to get Whelo sent off the last time ,afraid to start on him :P
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

INDIANA

true mind you with some of the rumours i've heard coming out of the dublin camp this week- you'd wonder how  much chance we have-some of them quite unbelievable-if true.

Hardy

Quote from: INDIANA on June 13, 2007, 07:01:21 PM
Satisfaction at getting beaten? Jesus how the mighty have fallen ...

Indeed we have. Haven't you noticed – we've not been around for a few years while you've been making non-stop headlines, almost winning this and nearly winning that and favourites to win the other, which you would have but for unluckily losing imposing leads, a few times.

We're a Division 2 team now, you see. No expectations. No pressure. Our carefree youngsters have no idea what it must be like to have the weight of a capital's expectations on their shoulders and the pressure of a demanding media, prying into every slip, analysing every miss, probing every management mistake.

We might be coming back, though and that's great, for now. No pressure on us. We're here to enjoy ourselves. ;D

Tyrone Dreamer

The Meath support seems to have been quite poor this last few years, any sign of it returning for Sunday? Surely a county like Meath should be able to get 25-30000 for a match like this. Its very hard to call again on Sunday but I think Meath will do it. With there top scoring forward back its a potent full forward line. Not totally convinced by Joe Sheridan in the full forward line, would Ward be the better option? Who will Farrell come in for? Meath do seem to have good options at the minute in the forwards.

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on June 13, 2007, 07:20:45 PM
true mind you with some of the rumours i've heard coming out of the dublin camp this week- you'd wonder how  much chance we have-some of them quite unbelievable-if true.
Well spill the beans Indi. Nothing like a good ole rumour , even if nothing to substantiate it.

ExiledGael

INDIANA

allegedly and i emphasiase allegedly- vaughan was selected and the players vetoed it so now he isn't playing.
I don't for one minute believe it - but some people's sources (good ones) claim it's a fact and are pretty adamant about it.
I only hope it's part of the bullshit hype that follows the dublin football team.
I would say from the way they have been lining out in training -the team selected will be different. I can't believe that the above could be possibly true- so i refuse to believe it.
Because if it is we're f*****.

Hound

I wonder is Clontarf's Kevin Leahy anywhere near a call-up...

10 points in the Leinster Junior quarter-final including 9 frees.
8 points in the Leinster Junior semi-final including 3 frees and 1 45.

Obviously a completely different level, but clearly he knows where the posts are. Having said that I'd prefer to see Vaughan and/or Brogan getting runs.

Hound

Good rumour Indiana! Trouble in the camp! Players revolt! Selectors lose authority!

On the other hand, if it is true that Caffrey wants to start Vaughan, then it does make sense not to name him in the team as if he was named, most of the focus would be on him in the lead-up to the game.

Darren Magee hurt his wrist in training this week and went for an X-Ray, so is a doubtful starter.

Declan

Hound is Leahy not a Kickhams man? Impressive return alright.
Rumours/leaks from squads are part and parcel of the talk in every county so wouldn't concern myself with any of that ould nonsense. 

northsideboy

He was a Clontarf player alright who transferred northwestwards to the Mun.

Hound

Didnt realise he'd transferred.  With Kickhams being a senior team, this'll be the last year he's eiligible for the Dublin juniors so.

INDIANA

he's obviously playing well. and he's a good player
he hasn't shown much though in the senior club championship -needs to do something there.
wicklow were incredibly poor lads

Hound

Brian Talty says there's nothing wrong with Magee that he knows of and that barring a miracle Sherlock and Bonner will not make the bench on Sunday