Kerry v Galway, All-Ireland Senior Football Final. 24 July, 2022

Started by IolarCoisCuain, July 11, 2022, 10:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

https://www.gambling.com/ie/news/gaa-all-lreland-football-championship-betting-3052400
The counties have contested seven finals (two of which were replayed in 1938 and 2000), with Kerry winning four titles to Galway's three.

Kerry 1/3 Galway 10/3

RTÉ Man of the Match betting (Clifford 3/1, O'Shea 7/1, Walsh 10/1 and Comer 12/1).

The Trap

Alternative view
Maybe Kerry are not that good and Galway will win. Kerry beat a poor Cork team, a Mayo team and Dublin team in differing stages of decline and missing key players. They struggled at varying times in all 3 games. Maybe Galway are not good enough to beat them but maybe they are.
Keep Clifford to under 6 points and they have a real chance if they can get their forward line and midfield moving to near their potential.
Hoping for a great game and wouldn't mind seeing the great player that is Clifford getting his winners medal.
Maybe Galway by 2
Probably kerry by 7

rrhf

Quote from: The Trap on July 23, 2022, 06:53:44 PM
Alternative view
Maybe Kerry are not that good and Galway will win. Kerry beat a poor Cork team, a Mayo team and Dublin team in differing stages of decline and missing key players. They struggled at varying times in all 3 games. Maybe Galway are not good enough to beat them but maybe they are.
Keep Clifford to under 6 points and they have a real chance if they can get their forward line and midfield moving to near their potential.
Hoping for a great game and wouldn't mind seeing the great player that is Clifford getting his winners medal.
Maybe Galway by 2
Probably kerry by 7
Thats where I am. Love Galway hope they are brave enough to go for i. There is no building programme for next year or a new era blah blah blah.  . It happens tomorrow or it doesn't.  Go out and win. Kill or be killed.  .....but Clifford can wrote out the next 10 years on the back of his hand... he is that great... can't wait..

armaghniac

I think that Kerry will vary their attack more than Derry managed in the second half of their game. They have the personnel to do it and it will get them over the line.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jell 0 Biafra

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see anything other than a lopsided Kerry win

seafoid

https://mobile.twitter.com/moylesiea/status/1550162595478388739Anthony Moyles

@moylesiea

·

Jul 21

More I think about it I think Galway win Sunday. Yes Kerry's defense has massively improved and they have 2/3 top class forwards with probably the country's best player included. But I think Galway will look to Cork and how they set against them in trying to frustrate & counterAttack. More than likely they will leave 3 up front similar to the Armagh/Derry game and will be patient even if going behind, safe in the knowledge that Kerry have tired in the last 15 of recent games and that their bench esp forward wise is not anything earth shattering.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 24, 2022, 03:33:31 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 23, 2022, 02:14:38 AM
I hope I'm wrong, of course, but I can't see anything other than a handy 5 point or more win for Kerry.

From 5 points or more to lopsided in 24 hours. 

onefineday

Quote from: seafoid on July 24, 2022, 06:15:49 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/moylesiea/status/1550162595478388739Anthony Moyles

@moylesiea

·

Jul 21

More I think about it I think Galway win Sunday. Yes Kerry's defense has massively improved and they have 2/3 top class forwards with probably the country's best player included. But I think Galway will look to Cork and how they set against them in trying to frustrate & counterAttack. More than likely they will leave 3 up front similar to the Armagh/Derry game and will be patient even if going behind, safe in the knowledge that Kerry have tired in the last 15 of recent games and that their bench esp forward wise is not anything earth shattering.
Is that Anthony moyles? He obviously wasn't watching the Derry game if he thinks Galway left 3 up all the time. A few times in the second half perhaps, but for most of that game lynch or mckaigue was last man back and they were on the halfway line.

Rossfan

Here's hoping for a good game and close contest and may the best team win.
Not particularly enthused about who wins.
Last thing we want is Kerry winning another AI while the noise blowing across the Suck for the next 9 months will be hard to listen to if Galway win.
At least Kerry will just collect the Cup , go home to their remote homeland and keep quiet about it all.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gael85

Quote from: inroundthesquare on July 24, 2022, 12:21:22 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on July 23, 2022, 02:24:54 PM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on July 23, 2022, 01:04:48 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 23, 2022, 12:58:43 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on July 22, 2022, 10:17:51 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 22, 2022, 10:14:11 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 22, 2022, 10:00:58 PM
What age is Shane Walsh?

Still "one to watch"
Yeah, strange to think that in next year's cship Fenton, Kilkenny and Walsh will be on the wrong side of 30.

Fenton will be 29 in next year's championship

Fenton will be 30 next year.

He was born in 1994

No he was 93. Same age group as John Small, Jack McCaffrey, Robert McDaid, Emmett O'Conghaile, Ciaran Kilkenny and Paul Mannion.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 24, 2022, 06:20:19 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 24, 2022, 03:33:31 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 23, 2022, 02:14:38 AM
I hope I'm wrong, of course, but I can't see anything other than a handy 5 point or more win for Kerry.

From 5 points or more to lopsided in 24 hours.

Frankly, I'm impressed by my drunken consistency 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Galway to do what they always do at this stage, particularly after having overcome Ulster opposition en route, and to despatch a fancied Kerry, who won a Semi against a weakened Dublin.

Even at that, Dublin would not have lost that Semi against Kerry under Gavin's management -- best exemplified by Niall Scully's wild swing for the clinching point in the dying seconds, which would have been shepherded to a more promising outcome under Jim Gavin.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Sportacus

Buzzing. Great forwards on both teams. Loads of match ups. Head says Kerry, but the niggle says Galway Galway. Can't wait.