Started by IolarCoisCuain, July 11, 2022, 10:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 22, 2022, 12:09:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 22, 2022, 10:49:59 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 22, 2022, 10:29:25 AM
Quote from: sensethetone on July 22, 2022, 07:15:58 AM
Have Galway ever beaten Tyrone?

Long time ago in the 1956 semi-final, think there's been 3 (open to correction on that number) championship matches since that Tyrone have all won.
Galway beat Cavan in 1956 in the semi. I think it was based on 1955 provincial winners.

Seafoid talking nonsense, was Tír Eoghain in '56.  ;)
I'll take it. I think Galway's bogey teams are Dublin and Roscommon

Maroon Manc

A few tickets went on general sale, this new ticket master system causes a few issues because no doubt a few people haven't downloaded and paid for the tickets and ended back with ticketmaster.

Rossfan

Use it or lose it.
Just wondering should around 5k terrace tickets be put on general sale anyway, 1 per person??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2022, 01:22:47 PM
Use it or lose it.
Just wondering should around 5k terrace tickets be put on general sale anyway, 1 per person??

Too many would end up in touts hands, the current system works well; Never hard of anyone who deserves a ticket not getting them.

galwayman

Quote from: seafoid on July 22, 2022, 12:33:45 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 22, 2022, 12:09:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 22, 2022, 10:49:59 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 22, 2022, 10:29:25 AM
Quote from: sensethetone on July 22, 2022, 07:15:58 AM
Have Galway ever beaten Tyrone?

Long time ago in the 1956 semi-final, think there's been 3 (open to correction on that number) championship matches since that Tyrone have all won.
Galway beat Cavan in 1956 in the semi. I think it was based on 1955 provincial winners.

Seafoid talking nonsense, was Tír Eoghain in '56.  ;)
I'll take it. I think Galway's bogey teams are Dublin and Roscommon
In championship football - I think we have lost to Roscommon 3 times since 1990. They are hardly a bogey team for us in fairness. Dublin a different matter.

trailer

lenny

Forecast is for a bit wet and windy on Sunday. I can see this being a very defensive game and quite low scoring. It's a pity Derry hadn't got through because it would've been a much more open game. Derry had played some really good, open games this year and were opening teams up for goals. We're not going to se those thrills though in this game and we might not even see one goal in the game. I'd like to see Galway win and they have a chance but I fancy Kerry to win in a low scoring struggle.

An Watcher

Yeah it's a pity derry didn't make it as it would have been a real spectacle  :P

imtommygunn

Dublin are a bogey team for most.

I just have a feeling Galway will win. Could be very wrong but just have that feeling.

An Fhairche Abu

Logic and the bookies would dictate a Kerry win by 4-5 points, I can't see the 8-12 point margin that some have predicted unless Galway don't show up altogether.

I hope that Galway will show up with a big performance and that's all we can ask of them, that set of players have proved myself and a lot more wrong since the Mayo match this year, I did not see this run coming and they have earned every right to be in the final.

Safe travels to all over the weekend, great to be back there on the biggest day of the year and whatever happens Gaillimh go deo

Blowitupref

Kerry have named unchanged team. Gavin White fit to start?

1  Shane Ryan   
2   Graham O’Sullivan
3   Jason Foley   
4   Tom O’Sullivan   
5   Brian Ó Beaglaíoch
6   Tadhg Morley   
7   Gavin White   
8   David Moran   
9   Jack Barry
10   Diarmuid O’Connor   
11   Seán O’Shea   
12   Stephen O’Brien   
13   Paudie Clifford   
14   David Clifford   
15   Paul Geaney   

Subs

16  Shane Murphy   
17   Paul Murphy   
18   Killian Spillane
19   Adrian Spillane   
20   Micheál Burns   
21   Joe O’Connor   
22   Tony Brosnan
23   Gavin Crowley   
24   Jack Savage   
25   Jack O’Shea   
26   Stefan Okunbor   
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 22, 2022, 08:09:22 PM
Logic and the bookies would dictate a Kerry win by 4-5 points, I can't see the 8-12 point margin that some have predicted unless Galway don't show up altogether.

I hope that Galway will show up with a big performance and that's all we can ask of them, that set of players have proved myself and a lot more wrong since the Mayo match this year, I did not see this run coming and they have earned every right to be in the final.

Safe travels to all over the weekend, great to be back there on the biggest day of the year and whatever happens Gaillimh go deo
if Galway are still in it at 60 mins anything is possible. I think we have better subs

Capt Pat

This one is hard to call. I will go for the draw. If Galway have someone to man mark David Clifford they could do it.

Blowitupref

Unchanged Galway starting 15 also.

1 Conor Gleeson
2 Liam Silke
3 Sean Kelly
4 Jack Glynn
5 Dylan McHugh
6 John Daly
7 Kieran Molloy
8 Paul Conroy
9 Cillian McDaid
10 Patrick Kelly
11 Matthew Tierney
12 Johnny Heaney
13 Robert Finnerty
14 Damien Comer
15 Shane Walsh

Subs
16 James Keane
17 James Foley
18 Billy Mannion
19 Cathal Sweeney
20 Niall Daly
21 Paul Kelly
22 Owen Gallagher
23 Finnian O'Laoi
24 Eoin Finnerty
25 Dessie Connelly
26  Dylan Canney
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.