Donegal vs Armagh Ulster Championship 2022

Started by Armagh18, March 31, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Average Score

Transparency in the GAA, that would never happen, it's a nonsense.

Eire90

Does something need to be done about these hanger on types at matches

greatpoint

Have the Armagh fans considered chaining themselves to a gate somewhere?

naka

Quote from: thewobbler on April 06, 2022, 04:20:14 PM
Quote from: naka on April 06, 2022, 03:59:28 PM
I believe armagh should exhaust the appeals process right through to the DRA as this will get to the bottom of the decision regarding Rian and how he was the only one cited on video evidence .

Ignorance is bliss.

The role of the DRA is not to lay dispute an incident. It is to adjudicate on whether the process was followed correctly. As such it is instigated almost always as a challenge to the severity of a punishment, rather than to overturn it.

If Oisin O'Neill gets a one match ban for striking/violent behaviour, then that is the minimum sentence that can be applied. So there is no point in appealing the suspension.

Therefore everything would have to be channelled into proving either a) he didn't do it (which should be as good as impossible)  or b) a technicality with the rule book.... which is much harder to do these days as administrators now have the opportunity to correct clerical errors during the process.

Hence there's a very good reason why you never hear of the DRA these days. It's not worth anyone's while chasing up that tree. Not for open and shut cases anyhow.
Wobbler as I said it's about the process
The dra will review the ccc process  and what they reviewed and give transparency to their decision ,

Armagh18

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 06, 2022, 07:24:37 PM
Whatever about the other suspensions, O'Neill punched a fella in the head. He has no case at all.
Aw come on.

Average Score

Probably looking you to show the punch to the head. Comparable to Murphys it was pretty innocuous.

Armagh18

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 06, 2022, 09:41:45 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 06, 2022, 08:19:55 PM
Whatever about the other suspensions, O'Neill punched a fella in the head. He has no case at all.
Aw come on.
I'm not sure what you mean by this?
Was the tamest punch I ever saw now and didnt even land.

Average Score

Some sneaky Donegal punches threw too but don't let the orange blindness cloud ones judgement.

JoG2

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 06, 2022, 09:52:29 PM
Aw come on.

"Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow,
hand or knee with minimal force."

Penalties:
(1) Minimum - A One Match Suspension in the same
Code and at the same Level, applicable to the
next game in the same Competition, even if that
game occurs in the following year's competition.

Quote from: Eire90 on April 06, 2022, 07:03:50 PM

The Donegal chap in the bib with the number 1 on it, the Donegal man with the blue shorts (sub keeper?), surely these  boys and the rest of the non-playing men need hefty suspensions? These hooers should be nowhere near a player, never mind laying a hand on them. It's these boys that kept the melee going.

Make an example of a team/s where the sub bench and backroom team take part in melee with hefty repercussions and it'll soon stop

Average Score

It is at most a raised arm in which there is minimal contact, go through the rest frame by frame you will see worse. BTW the Sunday Game ffs.

David McKeown

I definitely don't think it's a blatant punch but it certainly gives rise to a case to answer. If it was cited in the referees as a strike or attempted strike then I wouldn't expect that footage to over turn it but similarly I don't think it's conclusive to ground a charge.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Ronnie

I'd imagine that any appeals will focus on the inherent lack of fairness and the flawed decision to cite one individual.

thewobbler

Quote from: Ronnie on April 06, 2022, 11:01:34 PM
I'd imagine that any appeals will focus on the inherent lack of fairness and the flawed decision to cite one individual.

That's not how it works.

balladmaker

Quote from: JoG2 on April 06, 2022, 10:02:43 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 06, 2022, 09:52:29 PM
Aw come on.

"Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow,
hand or knee with minimal force."

Penalties:
(1) Minimum - A One Match Suspension in the same
Code and at the same Level, applicable to the
next game in the same Competition, even if that
game occurs in the following year's competition

Quote from: Eire90 on April 06, 2022, 07:03:50 PM

The Donegal chap in the bib with the number 1 on it, the Donegal man with the blue shorts (sub keeper?), surely these  boys and the rest of the non-playing men need hefty suspensions? These hooers should be nowhere near a player, never mind laying a hand on them. It's these boys that kept the melee going.

Make an example of a team/s where the sub bench and backroom team take part in melee with hefty repercussions and it'll soon stop

This ... what happens in the league should stay in the league.

nrico2006

Its hard to actually pick out any bad incidents at all, that O'Neill one was more a of a fling of the arm and you can't even tell if it connected.

Is Mackin out for the match too?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'