NFL Division Two 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 31, 2022, 02:53:32 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 31, 2022, 02:31:27 PM
Not much experience on that Galway bench, looked very very young. Must be only 6 or 7 league starts between the 10 outfield players, think only Conor Campbell & Dessie Conneely have started games.

Once again Galway are littered with injuries.

Conor Flaherty
Kieran Molloy, Seán Kelly, Liam Silke
Dylan McHugh, John Daly, Cillian McDaid
Paul Kelly, Paul Conroy
Matthew Tierney, Owen Gallagher, Finnian Ó Laoí;
Tomo Culhane, Rob Finnerty, Shane Walsh

Even with everyone fit how many changes would be made to that team that started yesterday? Strong looking spine to the Galway team now with a lot of pace and strength to it.

Bench might be lacking in experience but it has plenty of quality and loads of potential on it.

Think you're rating some of those players far too highly, 4 of that back 6 haven't shone for Galway. Plenty of question marks about a good few of those forwards too.

Would imagine, Mulkerrins, Glynn, Fitzgerald, McLaughlin & Comer would all have been involved if fit.

Can't pretend I have too much optimism.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 31, 2022, 03:29:06 PM
Not much experience on that Galway bench, looked very very young. Must be only 6 or 7 league starts between the 10 outfield players, think only Conor Campbell & Dessie Conneely have started games.

Conor Flaherty
Paul Kelly, Paul Conroy

Even with everyone fit how many changes would be made to that team that started yesterday? Strong looking spine to the Galway team now with a lot of pace and strength to it.

Bench might be lacking in experience but it has plenty of quality and loads of potential on it.

Think you're rating some of those players far too highly, 4 of that back 6 haven't shone for Galway. Plenty of question marks about a good few of those forwards too.

Would imagine, Mulkerrins, Glynn, Fitzgerald, McLaughlin & Comer would all have been involved if fit.

Comer when fit will come into the starting 15 probably for Owen Gallagher. Who wouldn't start if Mulkerrins, Glynn, Fitzgerald, McLaughlin was fit and did,  the latter three are rookies at this level.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 31, 2022, 03:41:43 PM

Conor Flaherty
Paul Kelly, Paul Conroy

Comer when fit will come into the starting 15 probably for Owen Gallagher. Who wouldn't start if Mulkerrins, Glynn, Fitzgerald, McLaughlin was fit and did,  the latter three are rookies at this level.

Forgot to mention Heaney who's a definite starter, didn't mention starting just that they'd be involved. Glynn though has started the majority of league/championship games since he was introduced to the panel.

An Fhairche Abu

Heaney, Comer (if he ever can get fit - a big question mark there) would be in there for sure.

Sean Kelly is wasted at FB because he is so good out the field but Galway don't have anyone else to play there currently. Fitzgerald mightn't be the answer but it's a shame that he's missing out on these games to try and see how he would fare out, he's athletic and has size at least, would have seen what shape his marking and football ability was in during the league.

Silke has been cleaned out before numerous times in corner, to be fair a superb club player and will have no issue with Div 2 level players generally. Molloy isn't a corner back, no problem yesterday given the paucity of the opposition but he's a half back really, I would worry if that is the FB line against Mayo in April. Molloy hasn't had all that much of a run with Galway at any point so in fairness to him maybe he'll prove to be a fine player there in time.

Realistically if you're going to be blunt about it, Sean Kelly and Shane Walsh are the only elite level players Galway have. Personal opinion but I think John Daly can get to that level as well. Outside of that I don't know, a bunch of youngsters who may or may not make it and the likes of Conroy who doesn't owe Galway a thing but is at the tail end of his career.

PadraicHenryPearse

think I've asked this before, did Dylan Wall ever get game time with Galway... super player for corofin over the last few years..

galwayman

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 31, 2022, 04:37:13 PM
think I've asked this before, did Dylan Wall ever get game time with Galway... super player for corofin over the last few years..
Not really. He played an odd FBD game that's about it.

galwayman

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 31, 2022, 03:41:43 PM

Conor Flaherty
Paul Kelly, Paul Conroy

Tomo is unlikely to be a starter this year. A good option off the bench though. Comer to come in for him I think if he is fit.
Molloy is a fine player but not a tight marker. He will be exposed badly if he is left in the corner.

seafoid

We should have a good idea of where teams are going by Sunday evening .
All Sunday's losers are playing teams that won. Meath need to make a statement.

Down v Galway
Cork v Clare
Meath v Roscommon
Offaly v Derry

thejuice

Need to win this weekend or we can forget about it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

armaghniac

Quote from: thejuice on February 04, 2022, 10:09:23 PM

Páirc Tailteann would be good place to play in the Tailteann cup.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

Can imagine there will be a backlash from Meath this weekend and they are stronger in Navan than on the road.

Not all lost for Meath if they do lose Sunday. I recall Cavan gaining promotion to Div 1 in 2016 after they lost the opening 2 rounds.

thejuice

We'll see. We've named the same starting 15 as last week. Harnan and Keoghan in midfield. Really missing Menton there.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

We've named the 15 who started last week.
Rumours one of the 15  picked up a knock in training while Heneghan was substituted last Sunday with an injury.
I'd like to see the subs 11.
2 years ago we dropped 3 points in our first 2 games but still topped the Division.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 05, 2022, 12:50:22 AM
Can imagine there will be a backlash from Meath this weekend and they are stronger in Navan than on the road.

Not all lost for Meath if they do lose Sunday. I recall Cavan gaining promotion to Div 1 in 2016 after they lost the opening 2 rounds.
Only if the other contenders drop 4 points
If Galway beat everyone it would be easier.

full moon

Anyone a link to Down Galway? It's geoblocked on the iPlayer. Don't understand why as this is normal rights TV rights that Eir Sport had? Bit of a joke imo