NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

I think its a fair presumption any one giving out about the quality of games this week end was sitting at home in front of the Fire .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rosnarun

Quote from: illdecide on March 14, 2022, 01:42:23 PM
Are most of you on your period FFS?. We got drama, we got excitement, we got bad calls by Ref's, we got some great skills (and some not so great) all in a weekend of terrible weather. Wasn't all that bad guys.
Dublin won and with players back should win their last two games (but who knows)
Tyrone lost and are in a spot of bother but if there's a team to pull something out of the bag it'll be them
Armagh won and are now safe from relegation
Kildare lost but showed good fight, will struggle to stay up
Donegal lost and are struggling but on their day can beat anyone
Monaghan won and can only compare them to hyena's, hungry scavengers who don't know when they're beat
Kerry won again but are in for rough Sunday next week
Mayo lost but could have won/drawn. You can't win all the tight games (see 2 weeks ago)

Cheer up lads...sure it's only a bit of craic.

Was gonna compare the teams to animals for a bit of fun but saying most of you are not in great form...
that would make you a Pussy :)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

illdecide

Quote from: rosnarun on March 14, 2022, 01:57:19 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 14, 2022, 01:42:23 PM
Are most of you on your period FFS?. We got drama, we got excitement, we got bad calls by Ref's, we got some great skills (and some not so great) all in a weekend of terrible weather. Wasn't all that bad guys.
Dublin won and with players back should win their last two games (but who knows)
Tyrone lost and are in a spot of bother but if there's a team to pull something out of the bag it'll be them
Armagh won and are now safe from relegation
Kildare lost but showed good fight, will struggle to stay up
Donegal lost and are struggling but on their day can beat anyone
Monaghan won and can only compare them to hyena's, hungry scavengers who don't know when they're beat
Kerry won again but are in for rough Sunday next week
Mayo lost but could have won/drawn. You can't win all the tight games (see 2 weeks ago)

Cheer up lads...sure it's only a bit of craic.

Was gonna compare the teams to animals for a bit of fun but saying most of you are not in great form...
that would make you a Pussy :)
Tiger?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Did you see the last minute of the Derry game?...If ever there was a complaint to make that was it...Wow.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

LCohen

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 13, 2022, 07:21:12 PM
Quote from: Buttofthehill on March 13, 2022, 07:19:31 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 13, 2022, 07:15:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2022, 07:13:12 PM
Who's to say they wouldn't have scored them anyways? Hampsey then on that lost the game for his county by being stupid, not once but twice

So you would have yellow carded Hampsey too for Costello acting the prat?

Is your issue that Costello fell over? He was wearing studs, standing on concrete and got a shoulder into the chest. I'd challenge anyone not to fall over.

What was he at though? He squared up to Hampsey as he came in to retrieve, so tough shit I'd say.

You are a bit of a disease on this forum.

Fair enough to have a pop at Costello's cynicism in palming the ball away. But the idea that he squared up to Hampsey is a figment of your imagination. Was he not walking back through the gate when Hampsey hit him? No more.

He is under no obligation to retrieve the ball. The insinuation that a player that does not retrieve a ball is fair game for a dig is bollocks of the first order.

Watching the game and maybe making the odd sensible comment is enough for most. If your mind needs something else try sudoku. But don't poison this place with your shite

tyrone08

Quote from: LCohen on March 14, 2022, 06:00:25 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 13, 2022, 07:21:12 PM
Quote from: Buttofthehill on March 13, 2022, 07:19:31 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 13, 2022, 07:15:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2022, 07:13:12 PM
Who's to say they wouldn't have scored them anyways? Hampsey then on that lost the game for his county by being stupid, not once but twice

So you would have yellow carded Hampsey too for Costello acting the prat?

Is your issue that Costello fell over? He was wearing studs, standing on concrete and got a shoulder into the chest. I'd challenge anyone not to fall over.

What was he at though? He squared up to Hampsey as he came in to retrieve, so tough shit I'd say.

You are a bit of a disease on this forum.

Fair enough to have a pop at Costello's cynicism in palming the ball away. But the idea that he squared up to Hampsey is a figment of your imagination. Was he not walking back through the gate when Hampsey hit him? No more.

He is under no obligation to retrieve the ball. The insinuation that a player that does not retrieve a ball is fair game for a dig is bollocks of the first order.

Watching the game and maybe making the odd sensible comment is enough for most. If your mind needs something else try sudoku. But don't poison this place with your shite

Ah now you can clearly see from the video at around 45 seconds that costello dropped the shoulder waiting for hamspey to shoulder him.

https://twitter.com/RTEgaa/status/1503139064228286464?t=TXZWxC7xIaKs3_cSAvWWpA&s=19

Again it was stupid of hamspey to do so.

imtommygunn

I thought he did too and you could see the moment of shit I have lost my feet here lol. I think he goaded him and Hampsey fell for it tbh.

Also you could see he hurt the back on it as you would expect.

I thought Hampsey deserved the yellow but Costello probably deserved the shoulder too  :D

twohands!!!

Quote from: naka on March 14, 2022, 12:21:47 PM
thought hampsey was hard done by for the black card but genuinely though mc kiernan should have been sent off for the punch into teh ribs.
he so knew what he was doing and it was a cheap shot.

still fancy tyrone to beat mayo this weekend

Hampsey's black card was pretty much close to be the exact definition of a black card offence.

Quote5.12 To deliberately collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play.

twohands!!!

Paddy Power have Dublin, Kildare, Tyrone all at 4/6 to be relegated with Monaghan at 9/4 with Donegal at 14/1

For the two teams relegated from Division 1, the quality of Division 2 next year looks like it could be very average with the other 6 teams being made up from

1 of Galway, Derry, Roscommon
3 from Clare, Meath, Offaly, Down, Cork
2 from Louth, Antrim, Westmeath, Limerick, Fermanagh

Dublin and Tyrone would likely run through the Division like a hot knife if they went down and both Kildare and Monaghan would fancy their chances at promotion fairly highly.

Main Street

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 14, 2022, 07:01:50 PM
thought hampsey was hard done by for the black card but genuinely though mc kiernan should have been sent off for the punch into teh ribs.

Hampsey's black card was pretty much close to be the exact definition of a black card offence.

Quote5.12 To deliberately collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play.
Hampsey's block is the exact definition of a black card offence.
Imo he shouldn't have been yellow carded, we see that time wasting/prevent-the-fast-free stuff in most every game,  the ref could have moved the ball forward as is common practice when players pull that stroke on the pitch.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on March 14, 2022, 07:28:43 PM

Imo he shouldn't have been yellow carded, we see that time wasting/prevent-the-fast-free stuff in most every game,  the ref could have moved the ball forward as is common practice when players pull that stroke on the pitch.

Preventing or obstructing a sideline is a free and the ball is moved forward into 13 metres more favourable positions. Shoulder someone off the ball is also a yellow card by the book.

Personally I'd have awarded a free in then after the shoulder gave a hop ball and noted Hampsey. But thats why I'm not an inter county ref  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Could he have been done for dangerous play?

Is there such an offense?

twohands!!!

Quote from: Main Street on March 14, 2022, 07:28:43 PM

I've no problem with the yellow card.

I don't think because time wasting/prevent-the-fast-free stuff in most every game isn't properly punished refs should start letting blatantly stupid stuff carry-on go.

If anything time wasting/prevent-the-fast-free behaviour needs harsher punishments, as it's clear that the current punishments aren't stopping players from doing it.

I'd be in favour of upgrading a whole range of offences to red cards if they are committed after the whistle is gone.

There's a whole range of niggly stupid stuff that players get away with after the whistle is gone.

If players knew that any stupid behaviour after the whistle was a red card offence, it would vanish overnight.

twohands!!!

Quote from: whitey on March 14, 2022, 07:42:29 PM
Could he have been done for dangerous play?

Is there such an offense?

5.17 To behave in any way which is dangerous to an opponent

It's a red card offence.

For those who don't think what Hampsey did was a yellow card offence

Quote5.7 (a) To charge an opponent in the back or to the front.

Quote(b) To charge an opponent :
(i) who is not in possession of the ball, or
(ii) is in the act of kicking the ball, or
(iii) If both players are not moving in the direction of the ball to play it

Charge is the rule-book word for shoulder.

This is the rule that defines it

QuoteProvided that he has at least one foot on the ground, a player may make a shoulder to shoulder charge on an opponent-
(a) who is in possession of the ball, or
(b) who is playing the ball, or
(c) when both players are moving in the direction of the ball to play it

There is no way that a yellow card wasn't the correct decision by the ref.

Wildweasel74

Players know the rules, I just think the stupidity of some of them is coming to the fore. Instead arguing about them been booked or send off. Maybe it be better they owned their mistakes.