NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

Quote from: full moon on March 14, 2022, 12:19:40 AM
The football on display this weekend was seriously shocking. It's like watching basketball on grass
100% poor skills on show all over. Lateral passing across the half forward line, etc, etc. What's more, we are forced to look at again on Sunday game! Too much analysis of these league games. Sicken yer hole.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Whishtup on March 14, 2022, 10:07:02 AM
The football on display this weekend was seriously shocking. It's like watching basketball on grass
100% poor skills on show all over. Lateral passing across the half forward line, etc, etc. What's more, we are forced to look at again on Sunday game! Too much analysis of these league games. Sicken yer hole.

Watch the coverage on TG4 and make your own analysis, there is no insight really into the game that someone else is going to give you any better if you've played the game..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rrhf

I think it is obvious that our bubble has burst but not in the way many would like to think. We ended up the media darlings last year after 18 years of being the bad guy. We win a great all Ireland playing swashbuckling exciting football, Goals and points as good as you will see.  A skillfull and manly approach and then the guys are articulate, clever, charming and inspirational.   We were charming the boots of the media, RTE and the press and even the referees seemed to give us a fair break. 
And now.. the mealy wormed fawning has ended, the media mask has slipped.... what we are now seeing is that everyone is a lot more comfortable with Tyrone being the bad guys.  Punish them, then punish them more. Hey send them all off,  why dont you.. It is Tyrone.
How dare Tyrone be articulate,  charming and the good guys in football..... We will show them.. We will take them down a peg or 2. The GAA media world needs a fall guy. Tyrone cant be allowed to stay at the top.   Looks like they have one again... Get back in your box Tyrone.   

naka

Quote from: Average Score on March 14, 2022, 08:18:44 AM
Armagh got about 15 seconds.
actually shocking  the coverage of armagh/kildare

actually think the analysis is simply lazy on rte.
mayo could of gotten at least a draw against kerry if not for a lazy takle by o shea,
but sure kerry are great etc

Armamike

Quote from: rrhf on March 14, 2022, 11:59:55 AM
I think it is obvious that our bubble has burst but not in the way many would like to think. We ended up the media darlings last year after 18 years of being the bad guy. We win a great all Ireland playing swashbuckling exciting football, Goals and points as good as you will see.  A skillfull and manly approach and then the guys are articulate, clever, charming and inspirational.   We were charming the boots of the media, RTE and the press and even the referees seemed to give us a fair break. 
And now.. the mealy wormed fawning has ended, the media mask has slipped.... what we are now seeing is that everyone is a lot more comfortable with Tyrone being the bad guys.  Punish them, then punish them more. Hey send them all off,  why dont you.. It is Tyrone.
How dare Tyrone be articulate,  charming and the good guys in football..... We will show them.. We will take them down a peg or 2. The GAA media world needs a fall guy. Tyrone cant be allowed to stay at the top.   Looks like they have one again... Get back in your box Tyrone.

;D ;D Where do you start.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Average Score

And now.. the mealy wormed fawning has ended, the media mask has slipped.... what we are now seeing is that everyone is a lot more comfortable with Tyrone being the bad guys. Punish them, then punish them more. Hey send them all off,  why dont you.. It is Tyrone.

Someone forgot to take their tablets, Tyrone aren't bad guys, they are a yellow bunch of cheating feckers and have been since Mickey took over.

naka

thought hampsey was hard done by for the black card but genuinely though mc kiernan should have been sent off for the punch into teh ribs.
he so knew what he was doing and it was a cheap shot.

still fancy tyrone to beat mayo this weekend

yellowcard

I find it impossible to watch 2 games of gaelic football on the TV back to back now. It is a drain at times watching the amount of handpassing with slow lateral build up play. Increasingly it is hard to watch a lot of the games unless it is your own club or county involved. Watch any gaelic football match live now and just sit back and observe how passive the crowds are. Long spells of possession play have people bored stiff and unless the GAA do something about it, the crowds will eventually suffer.   

Armamike

Thought it was just me, getting grumpier with age.  Football's hard to watch these days.  The endless hand passing and passing the ball across and back the pitch is sucking the life out of it.  I can understand teams don't want to kick the ball or run it into a packed defence but there are a few teams who frustratingly won't go for the score when it's on.  It seems the shooting opportunity has be almost 100% assured of a score.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Quote from: yellowcard on March 14, 2022, 12:22:10 PM

I find it impossible to watch 2 games of gaelic football on the TV back to back now. It is a drain at times watching the amount of handpassing with slow lateral build up play. Increasingly it is hard to watch a lot of the games unless it is your own club or county involved. Watch any gaelic football match live now and just sit back and observe how passive the crowds are. Long spells of possession play have people bored stiff and unless the GAA do something about it, the crowds will eventually suffer.

My own county are up there among the primary offenders, but in our case is more a case of lack of quality than some like, say, Dublin, who use the back and forth across the field as a tactic to kill the game when ahead.

We were badly hampered by the absence of important players in the front eight yesterday, but it was still demoralizing as f**k to watch our complete ineptitude.

Bonner stuck a young lad, Charles McGuinness, up front in the absence of Murphy, Brennan, Gallen, Langan etc. This lad has done very well for Glenties as a big target man, but even with the wind in the first half, we didn't send a single long ball up the field to see if he could at least compete at this level. I honestly don't remember him touching the ball before he got subbed at half time. And it was not like our attempts to run the ball were creating anything. It was just back and forth across the field before either the Monaghan backs would turn it over or someone would eventually try a long wonder score which was never going to work in those conditions.

I watched because it was Donegal. Otherwise I would have switched off after 20 minutes when it was clear Monaghan, no great shakes themselves, were going to stroll to a win against our laboured cluelessness.

dec

Quote from: Armamike on March 14, 2022, 12:37:59 PM
Thought it was just me, getting grumpier with age.  Football's hard to watch these days.  The endless hand passing and passing the ball across and back the pitch is sucking the life out of it.  I can understand teams don't want to kick the ball or run it into a packed defence but there are a few teams who frustratingly won't go for the score when it's on.  It seems the shooting opportunity has be almost 100% assured of a score.

Ban the handpass

rrhf

or indeed hop it single handed two touch from the one palm only like the hurling one.  With the large ball it will only ever be used in an emergency.

illdecide

Are most of you on your period FFS?. We got drama, we got excitement, we got bad calls by Ref's, we got some great skills (and some not so great) all in a weekend of terrible weather. Wasn't all that bad guys.
Dublin won and with players back should win their last two games (but who knows)
Tyrone lost and are in a spot of bother but if there's a team to pull something out of the bag it'll be them
Armagh won and are now safe from relegation
Kildare lost but showed good fight, will struggle to stay up
Donegal lost and are struggling but on their day can beat anyone
Monaghan won and can only compare them to hyena's, hungry scavengers who don't know when they're beat
Kerry won again but are in for rough Sunday next week
Mayo lost but could have won/drawn. You can't win all the tight games (see 2 weeks ago)

Cheer up lads...sure it's only a bit of craic.

Was gonna compare the teams to animals for a bit of fun but saying most of you are not in great form...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Never beat the deeler

I think this is the best post I've ever seen on this board
Hasta la victoria siempre

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on March 14, 2022, 01:42:23 PM
Are most of you on your period FFS?. We got drama, we got excitement, we got bad calls by Ref's, we got some great skills (and some not so great) all in a weekend of terrible weather. Wasn't all that bad guys.
Dublin won and with players back should win their last two games (but who knows)
Tyrone lost and are in a spot of bother but if there's a team to pull something out of the bag it'll be them
Armagh won and are now safe from relegation
Kildare lost but showed good fight, will struggle to stay up
Donegal lost and are struggling but on their day can beat anyone
Monaghan won and can only compare them to hyena's, hungry scavengers who don't know when they're beat
Kerry won again but are in for rough Sunday next week
Mayo lost but could have won/drawn. You can't win all the tight games (see 2 weeks ago)

Cheer up lads...sure it's only a bit of craic.

Was gonna compare the teams to animals for a bit of fun but saying most of you are not in great form...

Awk!! You left out Antrim could (COULD) be joining Tyrone next year in the league ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea