Greatest Antrim Footballer

Started by Sky Blue, November 21, 2006, 09:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was the greatest Antrim Footballer ever.

Kevin Armstrong
10 (20%)
Kevin McGrourty
7 (14%)
Jimmy Keavney
11 (22%)
Gerard Adams
4 (8%)
Aiden Hamill
0 (0%)
Andy Mccallion
3 (6%)
None of the above
15 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Hoopeddefender

There has never been a good footballer to come out of that county. It is a disgrace and the resources and talent wasted there would make you sick. Slan
'I don't want an apology, I want a locked back door.'

longrunsthefox

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

screenexile

Mourne Rover

There have been plenty of great footballers from Antrim, but, to the best of my knowledge, the list does not include either Jimmy Keaveney or, for that matter, Spike Ferguson. Keaveney, according to his Wikipedia entry, was not surprisingly born in Dublin. At least one of his parents may have been a northerner, but I think the connection was towards Castlewellan. Ferguson is from Dondonald, which is also in Co  Down.

irunthev

Eamonn Prenter..... St Endas.  Won Ulster Minor in 83 and also played in Ulster SFC when still at secondary school and when he moved to London he had the distinction of scoring London's first ever point in the National Football League (vs Waterford October 1993). Since returning to Ireland is now Chairman of Club Antrim as well as having been a selector under Brian White.

Mourne Rover

Prenter was a fine player who was part of an excellent Ulster minor winning side in 1982, not 1983. It was arguably the best team Antrim have produced at any level in  the last 30 years.

Hoopeddefender

St Endas visited Coalisland - dump near where I live about 10 years ago - and the locals burnt their bus with all their gear on it, says a lot about people from Coalisland. They have had a hard ride from Loyalists/British security forces over the years I am lead to believe but I doubt an Antrim Division three team has ever produced a genuinely decent player or a secondary school in Antrim for that matter. Where was he at St marys? Quaking in my boots!!! hahahaha

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Hoopeddefender on April 24, 2009, 01:28:50 PM
St Endas visited Coalisland - dump near where I live about 10 years ago - and the locals burnt their bus with all their gear on it, says a lot about people from Coalisland. They have had a hard ride from Loyalists/British security forces over the years I am lead to believe but I doubt an Antrim Division three team has ever produced a genuinely decent player or a secondary school in Antrim for that matter. Where was he at St marys? Quaking in my boots!!! hahahaha
endas would be div 2 son, as for you superstar who's ur club and what genuine decent players have they produced!?

Hoopeddefender

Hoopeddefender

I've also turned out for Ballinderry, Cargin and hurled for Loughiel on occassion.

Hoopeddefender

Antrim hahahahah
St Endas hahahaha
Antrim schools footbal hahahaha

Hoopeddefender

What schools in antrim even play football?

irunthev

Quote from: Mourne Rover on April 24, 2009, 12:41:24 PM
Prenter was a fine player who was part of an excellent Ulster minor winning side in 1982, not 1983. It was arguably the best team Antrim have produced at any level in  the last 30 years.

Apologies to the class of '82. I heard that the team weren't even allowed to keep their jerseys after the AI semi against Kerry. How times have changed.