Waterford v Kerry Munster SFC

Started by Kerry Mike, May 29, 2007, 04:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Jesus, Kerry's giving Waterford a wile hammering.
Testing Accessibility

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

joemamas

what are rte going to put on for the second half, glenroe .

both RTE and the GAA "schedule planning committee" should be brought to task. Only winners today are the people who are not gaa supporters.

pintsofguinness

2-6 to 0-1 30 minutes gone - took waterford the 30 minutes to score.

I'm ready to sleep!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: joemamas on June 03, 2007, 02:16:47 PM
dont know whats worse , watching the game or listening to canning.
They'll have a job cleaning up the commetary box after him, drooling over Kerry since the start. The patronisation is quite irritating too.

Sandy Hill

Today's "match" was a complete farce and illustrates so clearly the lopsided and unjust set-up of the AI Championship. Kerry had what was no more than a training session today and are immediately into a Provincial Final from which they'll march fairly easily into the 1/4 Finals. To get to the same stage, whoever ends up as Ulster Champions will have had to come through 3 hard games. I know these sentiments have been rehearsed here before but it just seems so unfair.
During the RTE coverage of the game Lyster once again showed his aversion to anything remotely controversial; as soon as Brolly or O'Rourke veered towards comparing the challenge facing Kerry in Munster and those facing counties from other provinces (twice) he changed the topic immediately!
"Stercus accidit"

darbyo

Quotewhoever ends up as Ulster Champions will have had to come through 3 hard games.

don't think this is quite true, one side of the draw is tough the other side though involves teams that probably would'nt win any of the other provinces.

Tyrone Dreamer

Spillane picked out two ulster matches this morning for being poor (in fact he said gaelic football was finished as a result of them) this morning despite Armagh Donegal producing a real titanic battle last week that I and many others found entertaining. How anyone from Munster can criticise other championships I dont know!

darbyo

Extremely disappointed with the Waterford performance today, couldn't believe that Waterford had no tactical ploys to win their own kickouts. They just lashed the ball down the middle and hoped for the best, and this with an opposition midfield containing Dara O'Shea. When they did win it they had no discernable style of play, two forwards were isolated in the full forward line with no idea of how to get it into them. In saying that Thomas O'Gorman and Justin Walsh were magnificent but an outside coach is needed. I'm afraid that coaches who only see football in Waterford haven't enough know how to raise the levels.

magickingdom

Quote from: magickingdom on May 30, 2007, 11:18:08 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 29, 2007, 06:32:43 PM
OK darbyo,

Given all that, which is true of course, do you expect Waterford to be within 10 points of Kerry come 6 o'clock Sunday evening?

I don't.

dont take that bet with the charity bet az ;). dont see 10 points in it at all. in spite of waterfords improvement in recent years i can only see a kerry win. deiseach point about the vibrant football championship that they have in waterford is well made but can be repeated for many counties thro out ireland eg cavan.. why dont they do as well in the county scene? imo the system in place and dedication...

hope you didnt listen to me az... didnt see that coming, everyone must have been trying to impress the new boss.

deiseach

Quote from: joemamas on June 03, 2007, 02:30:48 PM
both RTE and the GAA "schedule planning committee" should be brought to task. Only winners today are the people who are not gaa supporters.

We have form for knackering the best laid plans of the schedulers. In the light of the scorching matches between Tipp and Cork in 1987, they decided to use the excuse of the 100th Munster hurling final to get the game on telly in 1989. Except Waterford beat Cork - and after a replay, no less! - and everyone (not least Waterford) was left wishing they hadn't shown that particular final. . .

The gulf in class was quite stark today, wasn't it? Okay, it was one of the best versus one of the worst, but Kerry won it pulling up. Waterford are making progress, but it's tortuous stuff.

darbyo

QuoteWaterford are making progress, but it's tortuous stuff.
I'd disagree, the U-21s were also hammered this year and I can see no sign of progress in Waterford football. When I heard John Kiely saying that Waterford would be as fit as any team in the country because they were doing physical trainiing all winter and that the players hardly saw a ball I knew they were f**ked. Any team should be using the ball a minimum of 40% of any training session, working their way up to 95-100% ball work. Especially counties like Waterford.

Redgreenery

Depressing game to watch, Waterford were hammered, but are not in the same class as Kerry, just shows what Kerry are capable of, their just upset that their was no real contest. Luckily for Waterford that Kerry totally took the foot off the gas and still beat them!

orangeman

Kerry are awesome - they did a job on Waterford in the first half and were a joy to watch - the pundits are right - it's Kerry's All Ireland to lose -

hoganstandman