Will you take the Coronavirus Vaccine?

Started by bennydorano, July 20, 2020, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you take the Vaccine?

Yes
No

GetOverTheBar

Good man Sid, embarrass yourself a bit more. Making quite the name for yourself on this board with this type of reply....inability to debate, resort to insult.

Capt Pat

So who is first up to take the Russian vaccine? Any volunteers? I am sure it is safe.

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 11, 2020, 03:14:52 PM
Good man Sid, embarrass yourself a bit more. Making quite the name for yourself on this board with this type of reply....inability to debate, resort to insult.
Tell me, how would you like me to debate an obvious idiot such as yourself?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on August 12, 2020, 01:20:16 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 11, 2020, 03:14:52 PM
Tell me, how would you like me to debate an obvious idiot such as yourself?

Sid is and anyone who doesn't take it is a w**kstain
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

The lad clearly has some kind of anger issues. Every post is some kind of insult if you look through his posts.

Either way, ban or school starting back soon will sort that out.

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 12, 2020, 09:37:02 AM
The lad clearly has some kind of anger issues. Every post is some kind of insult if you look through his posts.

Either way, ban or school starting back soon will sort that out.
You're demanding that any Covid vaccine be denied to smokers and fat people, and you say I have anger issues?

Jaysus, the lack of self-awareness is stunning.

GetOverTheBar

Never said a single thing about "fat people" by the way. Another one of your hit and hope shots I see.

armaghniac

Several of the Covid vaccines are grown in tobacco and funded by tobacco companies, perhaps these could be given to smokers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 12, 2020, 03:29:48 PM
Never said a single thing about "fat people" by the way. Another one of your hit and hope shots I see.
Apologies, you didn't. So, why do you propose denying smokers the vaccine on the basis that they're voluntarily "poisoning" their body and yet not propose denying a vaccine to others who voluntarily "poison their body" (your words) with unhealthy food and drink?

What about, say, drug users?

The reason I continually bring this up is that you're proposing an idiotic, unworkable, and inhuman policy which you can't defend, and which you know you can't defend. But instead of just admitting that your proposed policy was idiotic sounding off and best left on a barstool (if you can find one), you've dug in and tried to deflect without admitting that your proposed policy is idiotic, because your pride is hurt that the idiocy of your proposal was spotted and engaged with.

I find that fascinating.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: sid waddell on August 12, 2020, 03:41:16 PM
Apologies, you didn't. So, why do you propose denying smokers the vaccine on the basis that they're voluntarily "poisoning" their body and yet not propose denying a vaccine to others who voluntarily "poison their body" (your words) with unhealthy food and drink?

The reason I continually bring this up is that you're proposing an idiotic, unworkable, and inhuman policy which you can't defend, and which you know you can't defend. But instead of just admitting that your proposed policy was idiotic sounding off and best left on a barstool (if you can find one), you've dug in and tried to deflect without admitting that your proposed policy is idiotic, because your pride is hurt that the idiocy of your proposal was spotted and engaged with.

I find that fascinating.

Hold on, are trying to make the argument that smoking doesn't poison the body with the inverted commas here or is another attempt to try and side step.

As you have kindly admitted I never made such a remark about "fat people" or those who drink/drink unhealthy/drug users, why do you bring them into the argument? Are you attempted to side step.....again??? I'm willing to have the discussion if you wish, but I did not bring them up, so it's not for me to try and defend words you attempt to attribute to my initial point.

You obviously are a smoker so the notion of this upsets you. I can tell it's hit a nerve. I've no real interest in continuing the back and forth childishness on that basis as you are personally involved now.

Look, the facts are simple - this is a respiratory virus that makes light work of weaknesses in the immune system, smoking, no debate required, ruins the respiratory and immune systems. We know this from many years of cold, hard and unfortunate proven fact.

You are unwilling to accept that people, like me (who do not smoke), will have absolutely no sympathy for those who have poisoned their bodies for years, the warnings are literally on every packet you reach for, it can't be any clearer. If you don't take your own health seriously (or anyone else for that matter via 3rd person inhalation) don't expect too many will be rushing to help you get a vaccine, which in my opinion, you don't deserve.

Now while it's a slow, steady decline as you smoke over so and so years, Covid 19 surely should have something rattling round your head now wondering if you should quit....it's been shown remarkable improvements can be made even after 1 or 2 weeks free from it.

I've really nothing more to say on the matter, reply away with your usual insult and deflection.....The Bar Stool one was a particularly impotent one.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 12, 2020, 12:07:40 AM
So who is first up to take the Russian vaccine? Any volunteers? I am sure it is safe.
It seems they are using the population as a Phase III clinical trial. It's certainly one way of speeding up testing.

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 12, 2020, 04:13:57 PM

I find that fascinating.

Hold on, are trying to make the argument that smoking doesn't poison the body with the inverted commas here or is another attempt to try and side step.

As you have kindly admitted I never made such a remark about "fat people" or those who drink/drink unhealthy/drug users, why do you bring them into the argument? Are you attempted to side step.....again??? I'm willing to have the discussion if you wish, but I did not bring them up, so it's not for me to try and defend words you attempt to attribute to my initial point.

You obviously are a smoker so the notion of this upsets you. I can tell it's hit a nerve. I've no real interest in continuing the back and forth childishness on that basis as you are personally involved now.

Look, the facts are simple - this is a respiratory virus that makes light work of weaknesses in the immune system, smoking, no debate required, ruins the respiratory and immune systems. We know this from many years of cold, hard and unfortunate proven fact.

You are unwilling to accept that people, like me (who do not smoke), will have absolutely no sympathy for those who have poisoned their bodies for years, the warnings are literally on every packet you reach for, it can't be any clearer. If you don't take your own health seriously (or anyone else for that matter via 3rd person inhalation) don't expect too many will be rushing to help you get a vaccine, which in my opinion, you don't deserve.

Now while it's a slow, steady decline as you smoke over so and so years, Covid 19 surely should have something rattling round your head now wondering if you should quit....it's been shown remarkable improvements can be made even after 1 or 2 weeks free from it.

I've really nothing more to say on the matter, reply away with your usual insult and deflection.....The Bar Stool one was a particularly impotent one.
You propose denying a Covid vaccine to smokers.

Smoking is bad for you. Well, like, duh. There are a hell of a lot of things that are bad for you. On that basis, by your logic, you could propose denying a vaccine to almost anybody.

You do realise denying smokers a hypothetical vaccine designed to end a global pandemic would actually be an infringement on human rights, yes? (and you did mention that)

And especially so given that you say smokers are among the most vulnerable, ie. your rationale is "let smokers die because I hate smokers!"

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 09, 2020, 05:44:49 PM
Anyone who smokes should not be eligible for a vaccine, but of course things like this will be looked upon as a disgraceful infringement of human rights....the irony.

Just grow up and admit that your proposal to deny a vaccine to smokers is reactionary, barstool nonsense.

Milltown Row2

Would you give liver transplants to alcoholics, who continue to drink?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lar Naparka

Quote from: sid waddell on August 12, 2020, 05:26:42 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 12, 2020, 04:13:57 PM

I find that fascinating.

You propose denying a Covid vaccine to smokers.

Smoking is bad for you. Well, like, duh. There are a hell of a lot of things that are bad for you. On that basis, by your logic, you could propose denying a vaccine to almost anybody.

You do realise denying smokers a hypothetical vaccine designed to end a global pandemic would actually be an infringement on human rights, yes? (and you did mention that)

And especially so given that you say smokers are among the most vulnerable, ie. your rationale is "let smokers die because I hate smokers!"

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 09, 2020, 05:44:49 PM
Anyone who smokes should not be eligible for a vaccine, but of course things like this will be looked upon as a disgraceful infringement of human rights....the irony.

Just grow up and admit that your proposal to deny a vaccine to smokers is reactionary, barstool nonsense.
[/b]
It's a bit worse than that, Sid.
By denying the vaccine to a large number of people, leaves a significant percentage of the population unprotected and liable to contract the virus. That in turn means that those who have not been vaccinated are at risk of being infected.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2020, 11:07:05 PM
Would you give liver transplants to alcoholics, who continue to drink?

No way.

And those that eat unhealthy food who are over weight and take sick - f**k them.

As for those pesky kids that eat sweets - no dentist for them if they get tooth ache either