Will you take the Coronavirus Vaccine?

Started by bennydorano, July 20, 2020, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you take the Vaccine?

Yes
No

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

What if that smoker is a Neurosurgeon, do they get the vaccine?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: sid waddell on August 09, 2020, 10:56:58 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 09, 2020, 08:51:05 PM
Smoking is just simply a choice to poison your body.
In that case, so is drinking alcohol and eating pork products

Sure ban them too

And I definitely wouldn't want to be a survivor of suicide attempt via a drugs overdose with people like you around

Or a survivor of any suicide attempt

Good man Sid, way to miss the point.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on August 10, 2020, 09:08:20 AM
What if that smoker is a Neurosurgeon, do they get the vaccine?

Or a fat smoker?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 10, 2020, 09:16:29 AM

Sure ban them too

And I definitely wouldn't want to be a survivor of suicide attempt via a drugs overdose with people like you around

It's hard to miss your point when you didn't have one in the first place

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: sid waddell on August 10, 2020, 10:23:59 AM

Sure ban them too

Keep yourself active, healthy and well. You will be just fine from Covid.

It's not hard to comprehend.

johnnycool

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 10, 2020, 10:26:12 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 10, 2020, 10:23:59 AM

Sure ban them too

Keep yourself active, healthy and well. You will be just fine from Covid.

It's not hard to comprehend.
Loads of active, healthy and well people have died or become seriously ill from Covid

Your attempt at a "point" was that you wanted to ban certain people from receiving a vaccine should one become available

With that sort of a view I would assume and certainly hope you don't work in anything to do with healthcare

Your attempt at a "point" was shock jock, "edgy" nonsense

GetOverTheBar

"Loads of".....you get the odd shocking tabloid headline now and then, of course there are exceptions to every rule but worldwide figures suggest that it is not "loads of" healthy people who succumb to this virus.

The fact that it is now fairly obvious that it is people who are active and healthy carry this thing without knowing surely backs that up.

If you are going to continue to stick your head in the sand to the very obvious solution there is not much point continuing further.

To get to the point, this thread is about the vaccine, which may well never come.

So you can make minor or major lifestyle changes, depending on your situation. I'm not going to force feed it any further but it's just simply the best option until if/when a vaccine ever arrives surely from both a mental and physical point of view.

My point on smoking stands - you breathe that crap into your body, you are going to reap what you sow someday. Those words are on the sides of packets for a reason. Covid 19 wil ruthlessly finish off, what the fumes and toxins over whatever years started.

bennydorano

I'd consider myself very fit for a middle age man, I got the 'Flu about 6 or 7 years ago and was completey floored by it, so I'd be extremely concerned about Covid, you're outlook is severely flawed. You just need to be one of the genetically predisposed and you're screwed

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 10, 2020, 11:13:55 AM
"Loads of".....you get the odd shocking tabloid headline now and then, of course there are exceptions to every rule but worldwide figures suggest that it is not "loads of" healthy people who succumb to this virus.

The fact that it is now fairly obvious that it is people who are active and healthy carry this thing without knowing surely backs that up.

If you are going to continue to stick your head in the sand to the very obvious solution there is not much point continuing further.

To get to the point, this thread is about the vaccine, which may well never come.

So you can make minor or major lifestyle changes, depending on your situation. I'm not going to force feed it any further but it's just simply the best option until if/when a vaccine ever arrives surely from both a mental and physical point of view.

My point on smoking stands - you breathe that crap into your body, you are going to reap what you sow someday. Those words are on the sides of packets for a reason. Covid 19 wil ruthlessly finish off, what the fumes and toxins over whatever years started.
For somebody who goes on about taboids, it's ironic that you use an "argument" that is straight out the right-wing tabloid playbook

Losing weight is not a solution to a global pandemic

Stopping smoking is not a solution to a global pandemic

Denying fat people and smokers access to a possible future vaccine is not a very sensible way to combat a global pandemic, it's about the worst thing public health authorities could do

GetOverTheBar

Are you reading what you want to read in my posts or what are you seeing? Go slow.....

Losing weight and stopping smoking, obviously, are not the solution to a global pandemic. But they are certainly a better contribution to your personal well being long term. It's really not hard to understand. Once more, again, the vaccine may never come. We must act like the vaccine will never come instead of waiting for the golden ticket. So if everyone starts to improve their own immune system and health....gradually.....It's really simple stuff here.

Obviously this has offended you. If you continue to smoke, especially now in the middle of this pandemic when a respiratory virus is ripping through the weak, you will reap what you sow. I've absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for smokers like this.

If you stop right now, you deserve all the help you can get and rightly so.

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 11, 2020, 09:53:04 AM

Losing weight and stopping smoking, obviously, are not the solution to a global pandemic.
Right. So stop posting as if they are, which you have been doing.

And stop taking your opinions from Tony Robbins or whatever bizarre American self-help videos you appear to get your opinions from.

And leave your idiotic, eugenicist ideas about denying vaccines to smokers and fat people where those ideas should remain - in your horrible imagination.

6th sam

Are you reading what you want to read in my posts or what are you seeing? Go slow.....

Losing weight and stopping smoking, obviously, are not the solution to a global pandemic. But they are certainly a better contribution to your personal well being long term. It's really not hard to understand. Once more, again, the vaccine may never come. We must act like the vaccine will never come instead of waiting for the golden ticket. So if everyone starts to improve their own immune system and health....gradually.....It's really simple stuff here.

Obviously this has offended you. If you continue to smoke, especially now in the middle of this pandemic when a respiratory virus is ripping through the weak, you will reap what you sow. I've absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for smokers like this.

Obviously it would be untenable to deprive smokers and obese of treatment. However getoverthebar makes fair points. Health promotion has advocated evidence based healthy lifestyle messages for decades. Choosing not to follow this advice leaves you vulnerable to health challenges eg Covid/flu etc. He's right in that We have no guarantee that we'll get an effective vaccine any time soon. Therefore those in the vulnerable categories would be advised to urgently address diet/smoking/drinking/inactivity/mental health to give them the best chance if they are exposed to this virus or other infections.

sid waddell

Quote from: 6th sam on August 11, 2020, 10:11:11 AM

Obviously it would be untenable to deprive smokers and obese of treatment. However getoverthebar makes fair points. Health promotion has advocated evidence based healthy lifestyle messages for decades. Choosing not to follow this advice leaves you vulnerable to health challenges eg Covid/flu etc. He's right in that We have no guarantee that we'll get an effective vaccine any time soon. Therefore those in the vulnerable categories would be advised to urgently address diet/smoking/drinking/inactivity/mental health to give them the best chance if they are exposed to this virus or other infections.
So, to make up for his nonsense about why smokers and fat people should be denied a vaccine and his inability to defend such a ludicrous position, he then switched to saying "live a healthy lifestyle" and tried to claim that this was his "point", not the nonsense about why people should be arbitrarily denied a vaccine.

"Live a healthy lifestyle". Such insightful advice, that. I can't believe nobody has thought of such advice before before. If they had, maybe we wouldn't have any disease anywhere and nobody would ever die.