U20 All Ireland football championship 2021

Started by Blowitupref, February 03, 2020, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smort

Many a ref would have gave free in there but think he was right not too. Would have been a travesty to go to Extra time

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Westside

Some dive by Dublin corner back there. If he hadn't been so theatrical he might have got it.

Mayo Border

Maroon Manc

Brilliant win especially given the injuries to big players, majority of these players have lost the last 2 minor finals so delighted for them.

Galway really look tired in that last 15 minutes, you could see in the warm up Dublin looked the bigger side.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 19, 2020, 03:46:21 PM
Brilliant win especially given the injuries to big players, majority of these players have lost the last 2 minor finals so delighted for them.

Galway really look tired in that last 15 minutes, you could see in the warm up Dublin looked the bigger side.
My feckin nerves!  Delighted for that group of lads, a good few have lost minor finals.  Poor second half performance and the backs dug the win for us in the end. 

Lar Naparka

Well done, Galway and commiserations to the young Dubs. They didn't fail from a want of effort.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

GalwayBayBoy

Looked very tired the last 10 minutes there. I think the injuries might have caught up to them. Dublin took over in midfield after Hernon went off at the throw in of the 2nd half. Very happy for that bunch though. Some of them lost the minor final on the last kick of the game last year. Think they were the better side overall but the injuries almost caught them out. Galway will get a good few from that bunch hopefully.

Hard luck to Dublin. Fair play to the ref. I think a lot of refs would have taken the handy draw option there.

Cunny Funt

A nervy finish and another ref could easily have given Dublin a free in on that 2nd last play of the game but Galway was the better team over the 60 plus minutes.

Galways best two scoring forwards scored 1-10 of the 1-11 and Dublins best forward scored 0-1 a telling difference. Mayo might be thinking what if as they lost on penalties to that Galway side way back in February.

An Watcher

Never a free and the dive was shocking. As someone else said, he might have got it if he hadn't done the swan dive

galwayman

Could barely watch that last ten minutes.
Looked like we may have thrown it away near the end with some terrible decision making but over the course of the full game I think we were the better team.
McLoughlin and Hernon big losses around the middle there especially near the end.
Great win.

galwayman

Quote from: An Watcher on December 19, 2020, 03:56:59 PM
Never a free and the dive was shocking. As someone else said, he might have got it if he hadn't done the swan dive
It was a dive but I do reckon many referees would have bought it - particularly given the time on the clock and the one point margin.

MayoBuck

Well done Galway. Funny how small the margins can be with ye only beating Mayo on penalties.

GalwayBayBoy

From a Galway seniors point of view one of the most pleasing things is the full-back line were all excellent and Dublin had some serious operators in there in Archer, Swan and O'Leary.

shark

Quote from: galwayman on December 19, 2020, 03:59:06 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on December 19, 2020, 03:56:59 PM
It was a dive but I do reckon many referees would have bought it - particularly given the time on the clock and the one point margin.

I was sure it was a foul, in real time. On the replay, clearly a dive. Fair dues to the ref.