Bobby Sands Movie

Started by stiffler, May 16, 2007, 12:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2007, 09:01:39 PM
See previous answer.

He wasn't even OC of the Dunmurray unit he was arrested with never mind OC of Belfast. Still waiting for your evidence...

stew

The clownthat is sammyg has made up stories in the past and he will do so again, he will never admit to being wrong about Sand's status in the RA because it does not suit his agenda.

For those few who insist that sammy has not a bigotted bone in his body................Take a redner.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SammyG

Right lads, here's a list of the murders carried out by Sand's unit. I've limited the list to the dates from pog's post and the area that Sand's lived and 'operated'. I haven't included things like Bloody Friday or IRA murders outside the West Belfast/Twinbrook/Andytown area. I also haven't included his activities pre-June 1972 or after his release from Long Kesh in 1976 as I don't have the exact dates.

June - Oct 1972 Source http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/sutton/chron/index.html
Quote06 June 1972 George Lee (22) nfNI
Status: British Army (BA), Killed by: Irish Republican Army (IRA)
Shot by sniper while on British Army (BA) foot patrol, Ballymurphy Parade, Ballymurphy, Belfast.
06 June 1972 Charles Coleman (29) nfNI
Shot by sniper while on British Army (BA) mobile patrol, Tullymore Gardens, Andersonstown, Belfast.
08 June 1972 Jean Smith (24) Catholic
Status: Civilian (Civ), Killed by: Irish Republican Army (IRA)
Shot by sniper while in her car at bus terminus, Glen Road, Andersonstown, Belfast.
09 June 1972 Roy Stanton (27) Protestant
Status: Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR), Killed by: Irish Republican Army (IRA)
Off duty. Shot as he left his workplace, Autolite factory, Finaghy Road North, Belfast.
19 June 1972 Desmond Mackin (37) Catholic
Shot during altercation with Irish Republican Army (IRA) members in Cracked Cup Social Club, Leeson Street, Lower Falls, Belfast. Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA) / Irish Republican Army (IRA) feud.
07 July 1972 Samuel Robinson (19) Protestant
Shot immediately after crashing into Irish Republican Army (IRA) roadblock, Cavendish Street, Falls, Belfast.
13 July 1972 Martin Rooney (22) nfNI
Shot by sniper while on British Army (BA) mobile patrol, Clonard Street, Lower Falls, Belfast.
13 July 1972 Kenneth Mogg (29) nfNI
Shot by sniper while on British Army (BA) mobile patrol, Dunville Park, Falls Road, Belfast.
14 July 1972 Robert Williams-Wynn (24) nfNI
Shot by sniper during gun battle, Lenadoon, Belfast.
14 July 1972 Jane McIntyre (64) Protestant
Shot outside her home, Highpark Drive, during Irish Republican Army (IRA) sniper attack on the nearby Black Mountain School British Army (BA) base, Highfield, Belfast.
15 July 1972 Kenneth Canham (24) nfNI
Shot by sniper while on British Army (BA) foot patrol, Lenadoon Avenue, Belfast.
18 July 1972 James Jones (18) nfNI
Shot by sniper while inside Vere Foster School British Army (BA) base, Ballymurphy, Belfast.
18 July 1972 Thomas Mills (50) Protestant
Security man. Found shot inside Finlay's factory, Ballygomartin Road, Belfast.
19 July 1972 Henry Gray (71) Protestant
Shot trying to stop bomb attack on Whitehorse Inn, Springfield Road, Belfast.
20 July 1972 Robert Leggett (50) Protestant
Shot attempting to stop bomb attack on his shop, Springfield Road, Belfast
24 July 1972 Brian Thomas (20) nfNI
Shot by sniper, while in Vere Foster School British Army (BA) base, Ballymurphy, Belfast.
04 August 1972 David Card (21) nfNI
Shot while on British Army (BA) foot patrol, Commedagh Drive, Andersonstown, Belfast.
14 August 1972 David Storey (36) nfNI
Killed by booby trap bomb left outside Casement Park British Army (BA) base, Andersonstown, Belfast.
14 August 1972 Brian Hope (20) nfNI
Killed by booby trap bomb left outside Casement Park British Army (BA) base, Andersonstown, Belfast.
19 August 1972 James Neill (44) Protestant
Found shot, Elswick Street, off Springfield Road, Belfast.
28 August 1972 Ian Morrell (29) nfNI
Shot by sniper while on British Army (BA) foot patrol, Beechmount Avenue, Belfast.
06 September 1972 Samuel Boyde (20) Protestant
Found shot in entry off La Salle Drive, Falls, Belfast.
20 September 1972 Francis Bell (18) nfNI
Died three days after being shot while on British Army (BA) foot patrol, Springhill Avenue, Ballymurphy, Belfast.

SammyG

Quote from: stew on May 17, 2007, 07:55:19 PM
The clownthat is sammyg has made up stories in the past and he will do so again, he will never admit to being wrong about Sand's status in the RA because it does not suit his agenda.

What agenda? Sands was the OC of the Belfast IRA, at a time when they were slaughtering people on a daily basis, this has been documented many times
For those few who insist that sammy has not a bigotted bone in his body................Take a redner.

Aye you're right, being opposed to the celebration of sectarian slaughter definitely makes me a bigot.  ::)

gallsman

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2007, 03:06:06 PM
QuoteSo, presumably nothing about what got him to be inside in the first place (or the victims)
Prove it otherwise it's slander

try never to become a law student, won't you? First of all, slander almost always refers to spoken word, not written. Even if it was spoken, how on earth could it possibly be slander?

I deliberately avoided looking at this thread until now because I was sure it would be full of all this shiity bickering. Now that a few people like Gweyltah are stirring wo wind people up, we have idiots like this coming out with "prove it". Grow up for f**k's sake.

gallsman

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2007, 03:57:53 PM
QuoteOK, thanks. So all those memorials, biographies, commemorations etc etc are wrong and Donagh's right.  
Was he not OC in the twinbrook area of Belfast???

So hang on here, you nag at him to prove about Sands, other than being arrested for possession, yet you announce that you think he was the Twinbrook OC? What on earth is your game here?

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on May 17, 2007, 08:12:47 PM
Sands was the OC of the Belfast IRA,

No he wasn't and your list is a pretty poor showing for a days work trying to gather evidence that he was.

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on May 17, 2007, 08:53:44 PM
Sands was the OC of the Belfast IRA,

No he wasn't and your list is a pretty poor showing for a days work trying to gather evidence that he was.

??? ::) ???

Sorry I was working until about half ten last night and then had to go to Swansea today. The list came from Cain, this evening when I got time to access it. As I said it is no where near a comprehensive list.

Donagh

Sorry Sammy, but I must have missed something. How does a list of IRA actions in West Belfast support your claim that Sands was Belfast OC?

stew

What agenda? Sands was the OC of the Belfast IRA, at a time when they were slaughtering people on a daily basis, this has been documented many times

Aye you're right, being opposed to the celebration of sectarian slaughter definitely makes me a bigot.  ::)

What makes you a bigot is the fact that you have an agenda against the GAA and some of it's members and that you falsely accuse people of holding positions you cannot prove they held in order to make a point, you have also been known to lie about certain murders when it suits your cause, we have had this discussion before sammy, remember the young Armagh woman slaughtered after being taken from the glentoran Supporters Club?????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SammyG

Quote from: stew on May 17, 2007, 10:06:36 PM

What makes you a bigot is the fact that you have an agenda against the GAA and some of it's members and that you falsely accuse people of holding positions you cannot prove they held in order to make a point, you have also been known to lie about certain murders when it suits your cause, we have had this discussion before sammy, remember the young Armagh woman slaughtered after being taken from the glentoran Supporters Club?????

I remember her well. I remember you lying and trying to use a sectarian murder to try and have a go at the IFA. As far as the rest of your post, maybe you can tell me what you think my 'agenda against the GAA' is and what it has to do with this thread.

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on May 17, 2007, 09:27:56 PM
Sorry Sammy, but I must have missed something. How does a list of IRA actions in West Belfast support your claim that Sands was Belfast OC?

Fcuk me do you need a hand moving those goalposts?

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on May 17, 2007, 10:19:19 PM

Sammy, the only thing I've challenged you on is your claim that Sands was Belfast OC. Are you saying now that he wasn't?

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on May 17, 2007, 10:23:05 PM
Quote from: SammyG on May 17, 2007, 10:19:19 PM

Sammy, the only thing I've challenged you on is your claim that Sands was Belfast OC. Are you saying now that he wasn't?

I have said, for the millionth time, he is listed as OC of the Belfast Brigade in biographies, memorials etc. Obviously this isn't proof that would stand up in a court of law but it has never been denied, either by his family or the Shinners spin machine. He also continued the role once he was in Long Kesh.

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on May 17, 2007, 10:27:34 PM
I have said, for the millionth time, he is listed as OC of the Belfast Brigade in biographies, memorials etc. Obviously this isn't proof that would stand up in a court of law but it has never been denied, either by his family or the Shinners spin machine. He also continued the role once he was in Long Kesh.

Where? What memorials? What biographies? I've been to a few memorials and he's only ever listed as 'Vol'. I've read the biographies and they don't ever mention him being OC of anything. I was reading the other night that the OC of the unit the day he was arrested was a woman (later killed in Gibraltar I suspect), so why would the Belfast OC be on an operation and taking orders from a subordinate?