Bobby Sands Movie

Started by stiffler, May 16, 2007, 12:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on May 29, 2007, 08:56:17 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on May 28, 2007, 06:59:40 PM
Starv9ing yourself to death to highlight a cause you believe deeply in is courageous Sammy.
You have to at least admit that.
I'm not being awkward, I honestly don't see what is courageous about killing yourself. Hundreds of people commit suicide, in jail, are they all courageous?
Quote from: his holiness nb on May 28, 2007, 06:59:40 PM
By you would probably rather believe Sands spent his spare time eating babies eh?
Don't think he ate any babies, but he was happy enough to murder them.

in true unionist/loyalist style - its gone from Sands being imprisoned for accusations of :
being at the scene/a gun being in the boot of a car he was driving/that he was some sort of a getaway driver/guilty of being a 'taig'

to now having been responsible for the killing of babies.

you could never legislate for the lies that these people spouted to ensure that their 'establishment collusion/genocide/apartheid' remained.
Even yet they refuse to admit they were wrong/illegal/sectarian and started the whole thing off because of their establisment/attitude/sectarianism/apartheid and version of genocide. So dont expect any kind of admission that there were good taigs, that maybe 'some' were internet/imprisoned incorrectly and that anything was deserving of some kind of respect.

For those of you not affected and too young to remember all this sihte and when it was in the late 780's early 80's - then thank your lucky stars.
You prob wont hear the real story of truth for a decade or so yet , until the truth starts to seep out in various books or tribunals or opening of gov documentation.
but remember people like our unionist/loyalist poster here who will try to enforce his history on us all - in true oo/unionist/loyalist style!
:)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yep, starving yourself to death over however many days for a cause you believe in is just so run-of-the-mill and unremarkable that even 'loyalists' have done it some others in history have done it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

SammyG

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 29, 2007, 01:30:26 PMin true unionist/loyalist style - its gone from Sands being imprisoned for accusations of :
being at the scene/a gun being in the boot of a car he was driving/that he was some sort of a getaway driver/guilty of being a 'taig'

Are you suggesting that the Provos didn't kill babies?
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 29, 2007, 01:30:26 PM
you could never legislate for the lies that these people spouted to ensure that their 'establishment collusion/genocide/apartheid' remained.
Even yet they refuse to admit they were wrong/illegal/sectarian and started the whole thing off because of their establisment/attitude/sectarianism/apartheid and version of genocide. So dont expect any kind of admission that there were good taigs, that maybe 'some' were internet/imprisoned incorrectly and that anything was deserving of some kind of respect.
What lies?
For those of you not affected and too young to remember all this sihte and when it was in the late 780's early 80's - then thank your lucky stars.
You prob wont hear the real story of truth for a decade or so yet , until the truth starts to seep out in various books or tribunals or opening of gov documentation.
You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the arse
but remember people like our unionist/loyalist poster here who will try to enforce his history on us all - in true oo/unionist/loyalist style!
:)
Interesting choice of words given that I'm not a loyalist (in either the paramilitary or loyal to the queen sense), I detest the oo with every ounce of my being and couldn't join even if I wanted to as I'm neither a Prod or a royalist and lastly I'm not sure how you can 'enforce history' on anybody. But apart from that you're almost right.  ::)

Fluffy Che

Re. the list of things that you say your not, thats your wee fantasy..

But what you are is a very bitter person, poisonous in fact.
Midnight to Six..

SammyG

Quote from: Fluffy Che on May 29, 2007, 08:14:06 PM
Re. the list of things that you say your not, thats your wee fantasy..
WTF is that supposed to mean?
Quote from: Fluffy Che on May 29, 2007, 08:14:06 PM
But what you are is a very bitter person, poisonous in fact.

Don't think so, not bitter at all. Being opposed to the glorification of sectarian murder doesn't make you bitter.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: SammyG on May 29, 2007, 02:06:06 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 29, 2007, 01:30:26 PMin true unionist/loyalist style - its gone from Sands being imprisoned for accusations of :

Are you suggesting that the Provos didn't kill babies?

Babies dying (tragically) as a result of operations, and targeting babies deliberately are two different things, as you very well know SammyG, and there's never been such a conflict where the weakest in society haven't suffered (all tangential to the subject here -- Sands). Now, would you like to talk about the deliberate killing of babies (thousands of them) and the much admired (in some specific circles) Bomber (Butcher) Harris and his carpet bombing?

SammyG

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 29, 2007, 11:12:29 PMBabies dying (tragically) as a result of operations, and targeting babies deliberately are two different things, as you very well know SammyG, and there's never been such a conflict where the weakest in society haven't suffered (all tangential to the subject here -- Sands).
So if you plant a bomb in a crowded shop and then plant another bomb, a hundred yards down the road, to catch the people running away from the first bomb, you're not deliberately targetting them? You can't fault that sort of logic.  ::)
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 29, 2007, 11:12:29 PM
Now, would you like to talk about the deliberate killing of babies (thousands of them) and the much admired (in some specific circles) Bomber (Butcher) Harris and his carpet bombing?

Not that it has any relevance to this thread, but I think carpet bombing civilians is a war crime and has no justification whatsoever.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: SammyG on May 30, 2007, 08:29:36 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 29, 2007, 11:12:29 PMBabies dying (tragically) as a result of operations, and targeting babies deliberately are two different things, as you very well know SammyG, and there's never been such a conflict where the weakest in society haven't suffered (all tangential to the subject here -- Sands).
So if you plant a bomb in a crowded shop and then plant another bomb, a hundred yards down the road, to catch the people running away from the first bomb, you're not deliberately targetting them? You can't fault that sort of logic.

Yes, you would, if that were policy, which it wasn't. That's not to say there weren't outrageous exceptions, but if Provo policy were simply to kill civilians, they could have dispensed with warning calls altogether, and given the (sometimes) devastating scale of material destruction the civilian casualties were kept to a thankful minimum.

Kathleen

18 July 1972 James Jones (18) nfNI
Status: British Army (BA), Killed by: Irish Republican Army (IRA)
Shot by sniper while inside Vere Foster School British Army (BA) base, Ballymurphy, Belfast.
18 July 1972 Thomas Mills (50) Protestant
Status: Civilian (Civ), Killed by: Irish Republican Army (IRA)
Security man. Found shot inside Finlay's factory, Ballygomartin Road, Belfast.

Thomas Mills was my Grandfather, Never got the chance to meet him as the cowardly scum known as the IRA killed him for having a stick in his hand. I dont bother with religion except when it come to the scum. Hope they all rot in hell!!!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Kathleen on December 09, 2010, 02:33:47 PM

Shot by sniper while inside Vere Foster School British Army (BA) base, Ballymurphy, Belfast.
thomas Mills was my Grandfather, Never got the chance to meet him as the cowardly scum known as the IRA killed him for having a stick in his hand. I dont bother with religion except when it come to the scum. Hope they all rot in hell!!!!
sorry for your family's loss , but in a war thats what happens.
sounds callous and horrible and death usually is.

but these soldiers were stationed over here and not saying your grandfather was guilty of the atrocities carried out by the army against defenceless women , men, children and familes unrelated to any gangs or violence - but there were far too many soldiers embelishing this task.
they (those guilty of this), as supposed impartial crown forces are bigger scum !!

Main Street

Quote8 July 1972 James Jones (18) nfNI

A good sniper with a steady eye, was a valuable asset to a guerilla army in the old days.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Kathleen on December 09, 2010, 02:33:47 PM

Thomas Mills was my Grandfather, Never got the chance to meet him as the cowardly scum known as the IRA killed him for having a stick in his hand. I dont bother with religion except when it come to the scum. Hope they all rot in hell!!!!

Also sorry for your families loss but don't fall into the trap of believing what happened in the north of Ireland was just a religious conflict by bloodthirsty IRA men and women. The IRA didn't exist by chance. It was simply a continuation of the conflicts that have taken place in Ireland since English occupation/interference in Ireland began over 850 years ago. If Britain hadn't have started it's centuries of occupation and terrorism in Ireland, there wouldn't have been an IRA. And also don't fall into the trap of believing that the IRA were the only people responsible for the violence which occurred in the latest phase of the conflict.

Read page four (the summary page) of the following, and it should give you a taste of what I'm getting at, in reference to 25 murders involving British security forces. (Note that this is only a report into 25 out of up to somewhere in the region of 900 murders involving british security force involvement of Irish citizens).

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/issues/collusion/docs/cassel061106.pdf
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore