Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2018, 09:49:20 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 09:47:42 PM
Quote from: spuds on June 27, 2018, 09:39:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2018, 09:19:59 AM
Quote from: spuds on June 27, 2018, 08:26:04 AM
Quote from: highorlow on June 27, 2018, 07:55:04 AM
I'll spend me money on the RWC next year.

No integrity left in our games anymore at inter county level.

This fiasco is about €'s, not the sport. At least rugby is a bit transparent on the money side of things.

Enjoy your Saffas, Kiwis etc in the team of us.

From the county starting a Roscommon forward and a Sligo midfielder this has to go down as a bit of a clanger of a reposte, spuds.
When Andy kisses the Mayo crest and has green & red jersey on his baby you fail to see the stupidity of your covetous ways.

They're from Mayo strongholds of Ballagh and Charlestown respectively, Mayo through and throufh

Tom Parsons was born and bred in Bellaghy. And Andy's home is nearer Lisacul than Ballagh..

Sy....your profile picture is that of a man who was also born in a county different to the one he ended up llaying for. But for a twist of fate, and his father took a job a mile over the border in Rossie Land the great Dermot Earley would have also worn the Red and Green as did many of his immediate family members

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2018, 12:14:28 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 07:24:16 PM
Milton being pretty antagonistic.
Reinforcing everything I believe about the attitude of HQ.

Comical Alan, kept speaking over Joe, very unprofessional. Bad couple of days PR wise for the GAA. They are still getting hammered on Twitter.

He was talking shite
If you have a PR crisis you have to be honest with the people.

https://youtu.be/MrYVn7A6mBA

And he said the goalposts were moved. They must be in Kilcullen.

WT4E

Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2018, 07:43:35 AM

Comical Alan, kept speaking over Joe, very unprofessional. Bad couple of days PR wise for the GAA. They are still getting hammered on Twitter.

He was talking shite

Won't go down as Milton's finest hour - For a communications director he wasn't much interested in a two way communication - not listening - talking over Molloy - telling him to move on!  ::)

I do have some sympathy for him though because one of the big problems with Croke Park - Go against the establishment and your finished as grudges will be held!

straightred

He was talking shite

That's one poor interview. Alan constantly talking over him and trying to steer the debate about from the substantive questions. A simple " we got it wrong and we'll take steps to ensure it doesn't happen again" would have done the job

galwayman

Quote from: straightred on June 28, 2018, 08:47:46 AM

He was talking shite

That's one poor interview. Alan constantly talking over him and trying to steer the debate about from the substantive questions. A simple " we got it wrong and we'll take steps to ensure it doesn't happen again" would have done the job
It's completely pointless interviewing anybody from the GAA to explain this one.
The reason they gave in is purely due to the championship hold-up that would have occurred once Kildare entered the appeals process.
They simply couldn't allow that to happen.
But there is no way in the world anybody involved in HQ would publicly admit that so a party line will be trotted out.End of.

Crete Boom

Quote from: whitey on June 28, 2018, 02:15:14 AM

This fiasco is about €'s, not the sport. At least rugby is a bit transparent on the money side of things.

From the county starting a Roscommon forward and a Sligo midfielder this has to go down as a bit of a clanger of a reposte, spuds.
When Andy kisses the Mayo crest and has green & red jersey on his baby you fail to see the stupidity of your covetous ways.

They're from Mayo strongholds of Ballagh and Charlestown respectively, Mayo through and throufh

Tom Parsons was born and bred in Bellaghy. And Andy's home is nearer Lisacul than Ballagh..

Sy....your profile picture is that of a man who was also born in a county different to the one he ended up llaying for. But for a twist of fate, and his father took a job a mile over the border in Rossie Land the great Dermot Earley would have also worn the Red and Green as did many of his immediate family members

He did wear the green and red in a trial match for the Mayo minors.

seafoid

Quote from: galwayman on June 28, 2018, 08:56:00 AM

He was talking shite

It's completely pointless interviewing anybody from the GAA to explain this one.
The reason they gave in is purely due to the championship hold-up that would have occurred once Kildare entered the appeals process.
They simply couldn't allow that to happen.
But there is no way in the world anybody involved in HQ would publicly admit that so a party line will be trotted out.End of.
I was reading about the Portuguese football management. They have a policy of excellence. La machine a gagner. The winning machine. 

The President is VP of UEFA and an economist. The commercial director is Irish. He worked for the FA before, Diarmuid Crowley. And he speaks Portuguese.
They went for expats too. To Qatar for the physio. The lawyer worked at UEFA.

The GAA does not have a policy of excellence. It runs on complacency.

Milton is mediocre. Even if he wanted to defend the indefensible there are classier ways to do it. And in the age of twitter spoofers get lambasted.

blewuporstuffed

He was talking shite

That's a horrendous interview and another PR own goal from the GAA in a week of own goals.
The arrogance of modern day corporate GAA personified
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 28, 2018, 09:36:25 AM

He was talking shite

That's a horrendous interview and another PR own goal from the GAA in a week of own goals.
The arrogance of modern day corporate GAA personified
There is such a contrast between the excellence on the pitch and the mediocrity in the boardroom

TheGreatest

It will be 3:1 Mayo fans. It will be like a home game for them. 

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on June 28, 2018, 09:46:46 AM
It will be 3:1 Mayo fans. It will be like a home game for them.

It would have been 5:1 in Croke Park.
#newbridgeornowhere

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 28, 2018, 09:14:37 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 28, 2018, 02:15:14 AM

He did wear the green and red in a trial match for the Mayo minors.
Ah, Jaysus, the oul' shite is starting all over again. ;D ;D
I'd had thought that even Syferus would have enough cop on at this stage to give us all a break and stop whining about Andy Moran, Cian Hanley and the rest from Balllagh who play for Mayo.
If I was a Rossie, the last thing I'd do is go about moaning that some amatuer GAA players prefer to play with another county. I'd be too embarrassed to admit that they opted to do this rather than play for their own county. Doesn't say much about their opinion of Roscommon football.
BTW, Mayo never took Ballagh away from anywhere so they can't give back what they never took. When the border was changed over 120 years ago and Ballagh became part of Roscommon, the GAA club ent to affiliate with the Ross county board but were told to feck off back to Mayo, which they did and there they remain.
Seems they were too good for the local opposition at the time and that probably remains the same to this day.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jinxy

Milton lost his cool, which you should never do as an official spokesman.
Dave McIntyre actually stepped in to try and calm him down.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on June 28, 2018, 10:09:25 AM
Milton lost his cool, which you should never do as an official spokesman.
Dave McIntyre actually stepped in to try and calm him down.

Yeah very high handed and almost angry type of interview with direct questions ignored by giving the same old tired cliches about being kids being lifted over the turnstyles etc...
Interesting interview with Seamus Hickey with his GPA cap on in the GAA hour podcast with Colm Parkinson.

AZOffaly

There is undoubtedly a disconnect between the people employed to run the association, and the people who make up the association. Sometimes I think the lads above in Croke Park see us as a massive herd of cash endowed county jersey wearing Fresians, and their job is to, in the most efficient way possible, set up the games so that they can milk as much of that cash out of us as they can.

Of course the cash is reinvested in nice barnyards and coaching of young calves, but it has become the raison d'etre, rather than letting the cows do what cows do best, even if that means a little less cash in the milking buckets.

And the disconnect rears its head when they are so surprised that the cows give out about this approach.