Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: tc_manchester on June 27, 2018, 03:18:42 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 03:10:16 PM
Quote from: tc_manchester on June 27, 2018, 03:08:43 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 03:01:26 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 02:48:18 PM
Who are these "genuine GAA people"?
Will we only let fully paid up members into games any more?

People who give a sh*t about the wider implications of the decisions made by HQ and how they affect all of us.

You can be a "Genuine" GAA person and disagree about how Kildare handled this. What Croke Park did was not without precedent since they already moved Wicklow's home game this year. I would have thought that moving the game to a venue which could cater for the expected attendance made perfect sense - be it Portlaoise or Croke park. Kildare stood up to "Big Bad Croke Park" - no - they held Croke Park to ransom by threatening to not field. Maybe Kildare will now refuse access to SKY cameras because that's what the "genuine" GAA person wants.

It's not all about you.

Christ Jinxy - I thought you were better than that

Meath men are NEVER better than anything. Remember that

spuds

Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2018, 09:19:59 AM
Quote from: spuds on June 27, 2018, 08:26:04 AM
Quote from: highorlow on June 27, 2018, 07:55:04 AM
I'll spend me money on the RWC next year.

No integrity left in our games anymore at inter county level.

This fiasco is about €'s, not the sport. At least rugby is a bit transparent on the money side of things.

Enjoy your Saffas, Kiwis etc in the team of us.

From the county starting a Roscommon forward and a Sligo midfielder this has to go down as a bit of a clanger of a reposte, spuds.
When Andy kisses the Mayo crest and has green & red jersey on his baby you fail to see the stupidity of your covetous ways.

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: spuds on June 27, 2018, 09:39:11 PM

This fiasco is about €'s, not the sport. At least rugby is a bit transparent on the money side of things.

From the county starting a Roscommon forward and a Sligo midfielder this has to go down as a bit of a clanger of a reposte, spuds.
When Andy kisses the Mayo crest and has green & red jersey on his baby you fail to see the stupidity of your covetous ways.

They're from Mayo strongholds of Ballagh and Charlestown respectively, Mayo through and throufh
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 09:47:42 PM
Quote from: spuds on June 27, 2018, 09:39:11 PM

They're from Mayo strongholds of Ballagh and Charlestown respectively, Mayo through and throufh

Tom Parsons was born and bred in Bellaghy. And Andy's home is nearer Lisacul than Ballagh..

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 07:24:16 PM
Milton being pretty antagonistic.
Reinforcing everything I believe about the attitude of HQ.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Maroon Manc

Not very impressive from a director of communications. Several times he mentioned how experienced the CCCC were and how all the staff within HQ were GAA fanatics and weren't out of touch with reality. Its odd that everyone they've wheeled out in the last 48 hours has made a complete tit of themselves including the Chairman of the CCCC who couldn't have made a bigger fool of himself if he tried which was quickly followed up by two ex presidents who didn't take long to show how out out of touch with reality they both were.

I'm astounded at the arrogance of HQ and how complacent they are, they think they can do and say as they please and anyone who disagrees is only a nuisance.

macdanger2

Well done Kildare, good to see someone standing up for themselves. Hopefully all Leinster counties will follow suit for Leinster championship games.

Jinxy

When we do up Pairc Tailteann we're never leaving the place.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 27, 2018, 09:55:39 PM

Not very impressive from a director of communications. Several times he mentioned how experienced the CCCC were and how all the staff within HQ were GAA fanatics and weren't out of touch with reality. Its odd that everyone they've wheeled out in the last 48 hours has made a complete tit of themselves including the Chairman of the CCCC who couldn't have made a bigger fool of himself if he tried which was quickly followed up by two ex presidents who didn't take long to show how out out of touch with reality they both were.

I'm astounded at the arrogance of HQ and how complacent they are, they think they can do and say as they please and anyone who disagrees is only a nuisance.

"The conventional wisdom" gives way not so much to new ideas as to "the massive onslaught of circumstances with which it cannot contend" - J. K. Galbraith

"One way of looking at the history of the human group is that it has been a continuing struggle against the veneration of "crap."―Neil Postman

A very bad week for GAA admin wallahs

macdanger2

Quote from: seafoid on June 27, 2018, 10:20:51 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 27, 2018, 09:55:39 PM

"The conventional wisdom" gives way not so much to new ideas as to "the massive onslaught of circumstances with which it cannot contend" - J. K. Galbraith

"One way of looking at the history of the human group is that it has been a continuing struggle against the veneration of "crap."―Neil Postman

A very bad week for GAA admin wallahs

Harsh on ziggy

macdanger2

blast05

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 27, 2018, 07:53:34 PM
No point complaining about tickets! I everybody has a chance to get a season ticket at the start of the year!

What ?!
There is a waiting list for a waiting list to get a season ticket in Mayo.

• Parents have started writing them into their wills.
  • There was 2 season tickets included in a dowry by the parents of a girl from Belmullet when she got married last summer.
  • The Novena in Knock this year is listing the most popular special intention as a a hope to one day be allowed buy a season ticket
  • The only reason Enda Kenny resigned as Taoiseach is that he wouldn't have been able to make enough games and get his ticket 'stamped' with all the Brexit negotiations that he knew were on the horizon.
  • There was a motion at last years Mayo GAA AGM to give the Rossie back Ballagh if the 2 tickets that Syrefus holds could be re-issued (he only bought years ago to deliberately not use them thus reducing Mayo crowd at big games by 2). It only lost by 1 vote once after Andy Moran said he would give it 1 more year.
  • The only reason the Pope agreed to travel to Knock.....

..... ah, you get the picture.

Dinny Breen

Comical Alan, kept speaking over Joe, very unprofessional. Bad couple of days PR wise for the GAA. They are still getting hammered on Twitter.
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 27, 2018, 11:00:51 PM
Kildare 5/2, Mayo 4/9

Mayo at 4/9 is buying money, it has been decades since Kildare last beat a top team.
I still believe we can do it though.

macdanger2

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 28, 2018, 12:15:05 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 27, 2018, 11:00:51 PM
Kildare 5/2, Mayo 4/9

Mayo at 4/9 is buying money, it has been decades since Kildare last beat a top team.
I still believe we can do it though.

I'd agree although this whole fiasco may have galvanised Kildare and we'll be weakened at MF. Kildare are a team that seems to have the talent but haven't yet produced consistently