Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 26, 2018, 10:53:25 PM
There is one county that solves this. They are in the West of Ireland.

Leave Leitrim out of this
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

galwayman

To be fair to Mayo - they can't get involved in this & why would they.

mayoman dan

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 26, 2018, 06:43:15 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2018, 05:51:44 PM
You have to realise that it is hard for Dublin supporters to understand Kildares situation. To be fair it's hard for Dublin to understand any situation! They never have any situation outside their norm. There have been a few token gesture games outside of Croke Park in the Leinster Championship. And in nearly all these cases the venue has been neutral. They are in their comfort zone Croke Park Bubble from one year to the next, picking off teams that come to visit over the summer.

The vast majority of Dublin GAA fans are backing Kildare over this. It seems that besides the big wigs at HQ that the only ones who want Kildare to step into line on this matter are a lot of Mayo fans who are acting like every Mayo man who wants to attend has a divine right to a match ticket.

Cop yourself on.The vast majority of mayo fans are with Kildare on this.

WT4E

Whose necks on the line here.... tom ryans or fergal mcgills? it will go down as a very bad week for both if this continues?

Crete Boom

I never knew Gaa HQ was a county in the west of Ireland?

thewobbler

You're f**king nuts.

There is absolutely no benefit for any county to jump in behind Kildare here.

In an office situation, when a middle manager decides to take a swipe at senior management, why would he expect his colleagues to jump in?

In a GAA situation what in f**k's name can Mayo gain from showing they're willing to play in an unsanctioned match, apart from being disciplined?

Mayo have not indicated a willingness or a preference for where this game is played. Because doing so, they are taking sides, and become part of the problem.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 09:09:19 PM
I saw the great Willie McCreery being interviewed in his yard earlier.
Himself and the horses were fully behind Kildare.

What about Charlie McCreevy?

Does anyone thing this is very convienent for Cian O'Neill?
It would remind you of Thatcher and the Fauklands.
Things are going badly, I presume he's under huge pressure, was it 10 losses on the bounce, lost to Carlow. Now they'll be building statues to him, he's safe for another year
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

From the Bunker

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 26, 2018, 06:43:15 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2018, 05:51:44 PM
You have to realise that it is hard for Dublin supporters to understand Kildares situation. To be fair it's hard for Dublin to understand any situation! They never have any situation outside their norm. There have been a few token gesture games outside of Croke Park in the Leinster Championship. And in nearly all these cases the venue has been neutral. They are in their comfort zone Croke Park Bubble from one year to the next, picking off teams that come to visit over the summer.

The vast majority of Dublin GAA fans are backing Kildare over this. It seems that besides the big wigs at HQ that the only ones who want Kildare to step into line on this matter are a lot of Mayo fans who are acting like every Mayo man who wants to attend has a divine right to a match ticket.

Luckily Dublin have none of the same issues for the Leinster Championship! Oh, the f***ing Irony!

WT4E

Anyone watching the tonight show. Big dick must have his eye on a job in croker!!! Hes out of touch so would fit in well.

Therealdonald

I hope the GAA don't back down. It's ridiculous that Kildare are trying to dictate where or when a match is played. Kildare have played in CP more than enough times. It is no disadvantage to them. Complete BS this whole thing is.

On a side note, is Cian O'Neill not a fully fledged GAA paid coach?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 26, 2018, 11:36:33 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 09:09:19 PM
I saw the great Willie McCreery being interviewed in his yard earlier.
Himself and the horses were fully behind Kildare.

What about Charlie McCreevy?

Does anyone thing this is very convienent for Cian O'Neill?
It would remind you of Thatcher and the Fauklands.
Things are going badly, I presume he's under huge pressure, was it 10 losses on the bounce, lost to Carlow. Now they'll be building statues to him, he's safe for another year

He is almost certainly leaving for Munster rugby anyway, this has helped his standing regardless.

GalwayBayBoy

Dick Clerkin is the ultimate company man. Must have his eye on a cushy job at HQ.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Therealdonald on June 26, 2018, 11:55:06 PM
I hope the GAA don't back down. It's ridiculous that Kildare are trying to dictate where or when a match is played. Kildare have played in CP more than enough times. It is no disadvantage to them. Complete BS this whole thing is.

You have it arseways Donald. Rules states first team out of the bowl are at home and Kildare are rightly looking for the set rules to stick. CP are the ones doing the dictating.

straightred

Quote from: WT4E on June 26, 2018, 11:52:09 PM
Anyone watching the tonight show. Big dick must have his eye on a job in croker!!! Hes out of touch so would fit in well.

Still peddling the line that the CCCC have the right to change the venue. This has been disproved all day but poor Dick obviously hasn't heard that. The CCCC thought they had the right but it turns out they don't. Please keep up Dick

Therealdonald

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 27, 2018, 12:01:12 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on June 26, 2018, 11:55:06 PM

You have it arseways Donald. Rules states first team out of the bowl are at home and Kildare are rightly looking for the set rules to stick. CP are the ones doing the dictating.

Boys seriously what advantage is to be gained from playing it in Newbridge as opposed to CP? Someone said earlier it's just Cian O'Neill saving his job for next year. For me I hope they move it to Newbridge and Kildare get slaughtered. We talk about players having it too easy now etc. The tail is wagging the dog.

Before anyone starts, I know what the rules were, but Christ of almighty, we're not talking about playing the game in some sheep grazed field with the boundaries marked out with barbed wire. Its the best stadium in Ireland. If you can't win there then why bother playing?