Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: joemamas on June 26, 2018, 01:21:18 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 25, 2018, 11:59:53 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 25, 2018, 11:21:34 PM
Bernard Flynn not impressed with Cian.

@bernardflynn15

OK let's call a spade a spade ,and anyone who really knows down deep the way really good teams and managers work .....would ask the question tonight " WHAT IN GODs NAME WAS CIAN O NEIL DOING ON TV TONIGHT" #eyeofftheball

I like Bernard Flynn and listened to him on 2FM earlier where his opinion seemed to flip flop about 3 or 4 times during the course of the interview. He's a sensationalist and I wouldn't take him too seriously as he sometimes goes off on tangents but I'd say he'd be good craic on a night out!

Sensationalist my arse, he is stupid.
The flip flopping is par for the course.
I am surprised he was able to spell o Neill's name correctly,
Oh wait he didn't  ;D ;D ;D ;D shocker

Jinxy , Juice,

Anyway you could get Bernard to moderate the 5pm conference call, I will ask Maughan.
I for one would pay for the entertainment.
Oh, in case anybody missed it.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 26, 2018, 01:50:18 PM
Quote from: spuds on June 26, 2018, 01:43:25 PM
Quote from: galwayman on June 26, 2018, 01:18:29 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 26, 2018, 01:13:28 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:22:35 PM
Mayo happy to play 'wherever we're told to go'
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0626/973307-mayo-happy-to-play-wherever-were-told-to-go/

Watery enough but probably wise not to add fuel to the fire.

More sense than Willie Joe has thankfully.

http://mayogaablog.com/?p=23327
The guy that runs that blog is absolutely insufferable. Thankfully the Mayo posters on here are more sensible than that gombeen.
He has his moments alright but his platform is based on being a super duper Mayo fan. If you read his posts then you are likely looking to be offended, I avoid mostly but hear him on the Mayo News podcast who have some good people on board. Read some Facebook comments by Galway fans (mostly avoidable), cringe at the 3 billboards outside Manulla (unavoidable), etc and make your choices.

Have no issue with game being played in Newbridge, better atmosphere and craic to be had. Major disadvantages for me is the poor viewing with a crowd present along with so many people who will miss out with the limited capacity but that's not reason enough to go to Croke park.

What happens now if game reverts to Newbridge to those Ticketmaster tickets if place is over subscribed?

Mayo news podcast is a really good listen, one of the better podcasts around; Thankfully WJ doesn't have a huge input it when I've listened. He has a very high opinion of himself.
Why is a common Joe like WJ allowed on a Mayo news podcast at all? and not only him on it he had his brother and young son giving their views during some podcasts.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2018, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 02:37:04 PM
The game will go ahead in Newbridge, lads.
Trust me.

I have that feeling myself.
It will be made into a film after an emotional late Kildare goal

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2018, 03:18:44 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2018, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 02:37:04 PM
The game will go ahead in Newbridge, lads.
Trust me.

I have that feeling myself.
It will be made into a film after an emotional late Kildare goal

Ah no no more late drama please, if the Kildare lads are going to beat us do the decent thing and beat us comprehensively like the Kerry lads use to do in the noughties!!

Jinxy

Quote from: LeoMc on June 26, 2018, 03:00:21 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 02:32:03 PM
No solidarity from Tyrone.
Shameful.

We didnt object to going to Navan either.

We objected to you coming though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

sid waddell

Anybody attending the pre-match bare knuckle brawl between the respective "firms" at Donnelly's Hollow at 4pm on Saturday?

It's going to be propah nawwwty.

I hear Danny Dyer will be there to record it for a documentary about Ireland's savage gangs of GAA hooligans.

#greenandredstreet

longballin

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 26, 2018, 02:54:14 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 26, 2018, 02:48:32 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 26, 2018, 02:44:36 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 26, 2018, 02:39:21 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 02:32:03 PM
No solidarity from Tyrone.
Shameful.

Tyrone are cap in hand with SKY TV. They won't want to make waves. Sad but true.

Lol you're a broken record at this stage.

The truth will set you free when the penny drops. Sad it needs repeated.

You really are hard to listen to.....

Good  8) 

Jinxy

Ned Quinn is going to show up in a Mayo jersey looking for trouble.
#falseflag

sligoman2

Sky must be loving this.  This game if played in Newbridge will attract record viewers for many reasons including the Mayo and Kildare fans that can't get tickets and the national attention this is getting.  It's a no lose situation for Sky.

As I said earlier, I hope the gaa realize that playing this in Newbridge will resurrect interest into a so far tepid championship, they need to be very careful here, using threats is not good publicity, and whether we like it or not the gaa is in the entertainment business.

Kildare abu...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Jinxy

Donnellys Hollow

Tommy Callaghan reporting that KCB have officially informed Croke Park that they will not fulfill the fixture.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

JoG2

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 03:24:35 PM
Ned Quinn is going to show up in a Mayo jersey looking for trouble.
#falseflag

Ned Quinn's legacy

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 26, 2018, 03:27:01 PM
Sky must be living this.  This game if played in Newbridge will attract record viewers for many reasons including the Mayo and Kildare fans that can't get tickets and the national attention this is getting.  It's a no lose situation for Sky, they must be loving this. 

As I said earlier, I hope the gaa realize that playing this in Newbridge will resurrect interest into a so far tepid championship, they need to be very careful here, using threats is not good publicity, and whether we like it or not the gaa is in the entertainment business.

Kildare abu...

Ehh, Sky attracts maybe 40k viewers for a big, big, big match. They really don't care about viewership. The GAA rights are a way to keep Irish Sky Sports subscribers on the hook in the summer months when the EPL is out of season, nothing more. It's a means to an end for them.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 26, 2018, 03:28:18 PM
Tommy Callaghan reporting that KCB have officially informed Croke Park that they will not fulfill the fixture.

Any sign at all in Kildare that HQ will do the sensible thing and put the game on in Newbridge?

sligoman2

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 03:27:53 PM
Sligoman, do you work for SKY?

No, but have an iCloud account.
Seriously, no I don't, I live in New York but just stating the facts as I see them.  The more debate and controversy, the more viewers, they must be licking their chops..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.