Oxegen

Started by redboots, May 10, 2007, 04:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cill_dara

The Editors clashing with Interpol is a disgrace >:( two similar enough bands. There is going to be a tough decision to be made :-\

Dinny Breen

QuoteThe Editors clashing with Interpol is a disgrace

Are you mental, only one winner there......and they ain't from England..

Anyway looks like I can't make it, so I might have 2 spare tickets available for the weekend, no camping pass mind. Anyone interested PM me and I'll know by this afternoon...
#newbridgeornowhere

Hank Everlast

The killers adn daft punk is wrecking my head!
Theres a crowd of us headn down, leaving Armagh at 12 on friday and i thought that was us leaving early enough!

Heres your vital checklist of wat you need to be taken with ya!!

1. TENT - Yes, you'll need one of these, they come in many shapes and sizes and degrees of putting-up-difficulty.

2. SLEEPING BAG - It fits nicely into a tent as you fit snuggly into it's shiny, sheath-like surround. Buy one with a zip.

3. WELLIES - Or a big, hard pair of boots. Avoid trench-foot, stay dry-toed, and perhaps snap up some really funky ones

4. MAC or PONCHO - Something warm and waterproof to wrap up in during those long nights. Also good to offer ladies in a gentlemanly and chivalrous way -

5. TOILET ROLL - Do not assume toilets will be regularly restocked, as most don't even stock in the first place. Take lots and keep it on you.

6. TICKETS and WALLET - If you forget to bring this, then you may as well forget all the above, unless you own a camper van and fancy ram-raiding your way in.

7. RUCKSACK - They are handy for carrrying stuff to the festival. Check out these tasty tackle bags and just imagine all the lovely things you could fit inside,

8. PANTS and SOCKS - These have a habit of getting wet, smelly, lost, or stuffed down toilets fairly regularly, so stock up. Get your mum to buy them for you.

9. SUNCREAM - Listen to Rage Against The Machine's 'Bomb Track' before you go ('Burn, burn, yes you're gonna burn') should remind you to slap it on.

10. TROUSERS - Just one spare pair is necessary for emergencies, but you'll probably spend the entire weekend in the same ones and not care.

11. TORCH - It gets dark out in the middle of nowhere - and you probably get drunk. Very useful for navigating your way tentwards without tripping over guy ropes.

12. WET WIPES - Great for keeping clean, waking you up in the morning, and generally keeping disease from spreading all over your face.

13. JUMPERS - One mammoth fleecy beast of a body warmer, plus a few lighter numbers. You'll fluctuate in warmth throughout the weekend so good to have various layer combinations.

14. WATER-PROOF TROUSERS - Very cheap and essential for when it rains, unless you have weather-proof knees and like wearing shorts. Take shorts also for those hotter moments.

15. 'TRAVEL JOHN' - A safely sealable and disposable bag that you can pee into while stuck in the mosh-pit - avoid toilet queues, or use in the privacy of your tent.

16. EAR PLUGS - You may want to retire for the night, but it's likely that tens of thousands of people will feel differently. Wish them away with some maleable plugs.

17. MOBILE PHONE - It may work on site, it may not, but good to have all the same. Stay in contact with your friends and make new ones by collecting numbers from nice people.

18. TOILETRIES - Keep your breath, armpits, and other bodily parts fresh and clean with a range of products, including toothpaste, deodrant and soap.

19. HAT - Conquer dodgy wake-up hair by covering it with a hat. Experiment with degress of wackiness, practicality, and style. Or dabble in a wig.

20. SUNGLASSES - Ensure you can still see by the end of the weekend by wearing shades to protect from harmful rays. Remove intermitently to avoid panda eye

*DUE TIO THE REQUESTS OF MANY PEOPLE I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THE FOLLOWING 2 THINGS!!

21. DRINK BOOZE ALCOMOL...YEOOOOO

Gnevin

Quote from: Hank Everlast on June 26, 2007, 08:58:15 AM

6. TICKETS and WALLET - If you forget to bring this, then you may as well forget all the above, unless you own a camper van and fancy ram-raiding your way in.

Yeah you need some where to store all your scalped cash and your non touted ticket
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

cill_dara

QuoteAre you mental, only one winner there......and they ain't from England..
Ah Dinny lol I can honestly say editors were my highlight of last years oxegen, they blew everyone else away that I seen on the saturday hence im undecided!
Should be a great weekend's music anyway cant wait.

corn02

I saw the Editors last year too and I was no big fan, they were excellent defeintely one of the best sets of the weekend.

Musv v Rod Y Gab is another hard decision.

nifan

editors vs interpol is no contest.

Interpol every time.

bailestil

So whats the best plan of attack for carrying Decks of beer?
My f*cking arms were busted carting all the crap from the bus to the site last time!

Was thinking of sourcing a hand truck.

I should really have just spent the last few weeks building up the guns... but bollox to that!

Deal_Me_In

Them thing old women use when they go to get groceries with the wheels and handle - almost like the new style suitcases are good until you get off the mats in the campsite then you can drag it through the field. A lot easier then carrying and making multiple journeys

Hank Everlast

Gnevin you will need plenty for drying your eyes! :-*

5. TOILET ROLL - Do not assume toilets will be regularly restocked, as most don't even stock in the first place. Take lots and keep it on you.

Louth Exile

Quote from: cill_dara on June 26, 2007, 11:45:48 AM
QuoteAre you mental, only one winner there......and they ain't from England..
Ah Dinny lol I can honestly say editors were my highlight of last years oxegen, they blew everyone else away that I seen on the saturday hence im undecided!
You mustn't have seen The Who so, they were class
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

An Fhairche Abu

Camping tickets for Oxegen are back on sale on ticketmaster.ie at the minute for those who want to beat sc**bag touts.

hitzelsperger

bailestil....take a wheel barrow, it'll do the trick, also useful for sleeping in if you cant find your tent  :D

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 29, 2007, 04:37:12 PM
Camping tickets for Oxegen are back on sale on ticketmaster.ie at the minute for those who want to beat sc**bag touts.

Looks like these are all gone again. I have been asked to look out for a camping ticket for a cousin so if anyone with a ticket can't go for some reason or has a spare let me know and ill take it off your hands.

bailestil

Anyone know where u could source a car parking ticket for the weekend in the north? Rang a few places and they all seem to be gone.