Armagh v Tipperary 15/7/17??

Started by tonto1888, July 10, 2017, 08:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Zulu on July 15, 2017, 05:34:06 PM
Some great scores in the game but no real bite. Referee not helping as he has blown for very little contact and failed to use the advantage numerous times, the goal chance being the most glaring but far from the only one.

This ref had what I thought was a great game reffing the league final
He let the game flow.
Today he is doing the opposite pulling for every simple contact, how can refs be so inconsistent

clarshack

Tipp messing about in front of goal ffs. Should be 4 ahead at h/t instead of 2.

armaghniac

At least Armagh are trying to pass the ball to the forwards. They haven't all worked, but the idea is good.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Buttofthehill on July 15, 2017, 04:44:13 PM
I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere but Canavan's analysis are top notch.

Except when he chooses to chase a personal agenda and mentions McGeeney telling him that he couldn't tackle and then highlighting Armagh's poor tackling.

"Kieran McGeeney once said I couldn't tackle, well he needs to teach his team how to tackle".

Good grief! How long was he holding that one?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: joemamas on July 15, 2017, 05:42:18 PM
Some great scores in the game but no real bite. Referee not helping as he has blown for very little contact and failed to use the advantage numerous times, the goal chance being the most glaring but far from the only one.

He let the game flow.
Today he is doing the opposite pulling for every simple contact, how can refs be so inconsistent

He was poor enough in the league final and hasn't shown anything in the championship to prove he is good enough to be called in at that level.  The lost goal showed he can't read the game even when 20 yards from the incident he immediately blew his whistle because he was bursted having had to run a fair part of the pitch to reach that point. Surprised he had enough in him to blow the whistle.

Owen Brannigan

Skill of the day, Jamie Clarke flicking up the ball while running at full pelt and then delivering the ball into McParland for what should have been a goal.

Clarke really showing his talent today as the play maker.

smelmoth

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 15, 2017, 05:48:36 PM

Except when he chooses to chase a personal agenda and mentions McGeeney telling him that he couldn't tackle and then highlighting Armagh's poor tackling.

"Kieran McGeeney once said I couldn't tackle, well he needs to teach his team how to tackle".

Hardly a big issue.

Winning our own kick out and changing our attacking plan in the second half would be more concerning

Buttofthehill

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 15, 2017, 05:48:36 PM

Yeah noticed that.

Buttofthehill

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 15, 2017, 05:51:08 PM

He let the game flow.

He was poor enough in the league final and hasn't shown anything in the championship to prove he is good enough to be called in at that level.  The lost goal showed he can't read the game even when 20 yards from the incident he immediately blew his whistle because he was bursted having had to run a fair part of the pitch to reach that point. Surprised he had enough in him to blow the whistle.

He missed a Dublin penalty in the league final too!

Main Street

Quote from: Buttofthehill on July 15, 2017, 05:58:17 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 15, 2017, 05:51:08 PM

He let the game flow.

He missed a Dublin penalty in the league final too!
Generally we don't lose any sweat over a ref missing a Dublin penalty.

Buttofthehill

Blowitupref

Goal for Tipp! Quinlivan with a great finish. Armagh moments later almost get a goal themselves.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Owen Brannigan

One legged man beats the defence - very poor.  Have Armagh learned nothing?

Buttofthehill

Keeper beaten at near post too.