Galway v Mayo 11/06/17

Started by Duine Eile, May 21, 2017, 11:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo Club 51

U-17 teams for Sunday named

Mayo: J McNicholas (Kiltimagh); J Coyne (Ballyhaunis), B McLeod (Louisburgh), J Higgins (Aghamore); A McHale (Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin), R Brickenden (Westport), A McDonnell (Ballintubber); P Golderick (Charlestown), J Gallagher (Mayo Gaels); P Lambert (Westport), E Rowley (Westport), L Burke (Ballinrobe); J Jennings (Mayo Gaels), T Morris (Hollymount/Carramore), P Towey (Charlestown).

Galway: J Gubbins (Leitir Mór); C O'Neill (Cill Chonla), S Fitzgerald (Bearna), T Considine (Bóthar na Trá/Cnoc na Cathrach); C Monahan (Uachtar Ard), J Glynn (Baile Clár na Gaillimhe), M Boyle (Bearna); C Walsh (Baile Clár na Gaillimhe), J Keady (Bearna); O Moran (Cill Chlorín/Cluain Bheirne), M Tierney (Uachtar Ard), A Halloran (Bóthar na Trá/Cnoc na Cathrach); K Craven (Cill Chonla), O McDonagh (Leitir Mór), B Harlow (Naomh Micheál)

Maroon Manc

Mortimer looking to get his name out there in the media again with his comment that there is clearly a problem between AOS & management.

I thought Savage came across very well, better than any of the rest of them, thought Mark O'Se would never shut up.

As for Joyce he was hardly talking Galway up, said Galway were at least a few years off challenging the top teams; As for Mayo they are a very streetwise team as you'd expect given all the experience they accumulated over the last 7 years.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 09, 2017, 02:20:09 PM
I thought Savage came across very well, better than any of the rest of them

Agreed, I don't think I've seen or heard him do any media work previously.

GalwayBayBoy

More importantly lads did John Maughan get Emma's number? He said he was going to show her his legs up close.

larryin89

Its all rose tinted glasses lads and lassies , its all bs tbh. You're in one camp you're hardly going to notice a hero being bias. Take it from our side Joyce never stfu with his jibes at mayo some subtle some not so , its been on going for years now.

After Sunday there's nowhere to hide , either mayo have been caught or not . Last year was this that or the other , its none of them this year , all excuses out the fuckin window.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 09, 2017, 10:38:31 AM
Quote from: Syferus on June 09, 2017, 10:34:13 AM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 09, 2017, 09:51:56 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 09, 2017, 09:44:43 AM
Aye the business end , something our aristocratic neighbours tell us all the time , " ye haven't the forwards to score when it matters on all Ireland final day"

Yet the Damien comers and Shane Walsh's are the best around .
You seem a little rattled Larry! LOL!!  You'll find plenty of support around here from the likes of Syf and MAM - ye all seem to be cut from the same cloth!

Don't bring my name into your shite talking.
Go away ya clown, ya haven't a clue.  You made a right ass of yourself here on the equivalent thread last year and then copper fastened you well earned reputation in the subsequent Conn Final one.

You should read back what you said with a cooler head and you might realise who is being the jackass here. You're the one who brought up my name entirely unsolicited. The standard of discussion here from some is little more than playground insults.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: larryin89 on June 09, 2017, 02:51:30 PM
Its all rose tinted glasses lads and lassies , its all bs tbh. You're in one camp you're hardly going to notice a hero being bias. Take it from our side Joyce never stfu with his jibes at mayo some subtle some not so , its been on going for years now.

After Sunday there's nowhere to hide , either mayo have been caught or not . Last year was this that or the other , its none of them this year , all excuses out the fuckin window.

Maughan got plenty of jibes in too but I wouldn't I wouldn't be getting worked up about it. Its a rivalry, some are more into the sly digs than others, thats life.

larryin89

Telling me horan didn't rise the head off some of yer lot last year? A disaster in many respects cause it definitely gave some fire to the galway set up such was his tone in the lead up to last years clash.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: larryin89 on June 09, 2017, 03:47:19 PM
Telling me horan didn't rise the head off some of yer lot last year? A disaster in many respects cause it definitely gave some fire to the galway set up such was his tone in the lead up to last years clash.
I'm only sorry he's not at it again this year to be honest!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: larryin89 on June 09, 2017, 03:47:19 PM

How well you've remembered.  ;)

DJGaliv

Does anyone think that Aidan O'Shea won't start Sunday? He could cause Galway all sorts of trouble.

I'd say both teams will have some last minute changes come throw up.

I don't really see huge changes in the Galway team bar Damien Comer coming in at full forward, and possibly Kyne coming in to the full back line.

Syferus isn't a bad lad, rattles a few cages at times but you need that. No point ignoring lads and only listening to a load of people you agree with.

Talking to a few Mayo lads, they're fierce confident coming down to Salthill, saying it's only a matter of turning up.......only joking. Funny lads conducting the poor mouth/we're the underdogs/we respect ye more/ye think we're rubbish -  media battle as if it impacts the game what is said on here.

I'd say it will be a bit of a battle and we might see a couple of sendings off. Mayo will have revenge on their minds, and Galway will still feel they're not getting respect off Mayo and thinking back to the thrashing in Pearse stadium.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: DJGaliv on June 09, 2017, 05:01:48 PM
Does anyone think that Aidan O'Shea won't start Sunday? He could cause Galway all sorts of trouble.

I'd say both teams will have some last minute changes come throw up.

Yes i do and have already given the reason why he shouldn't be starting. He started last year and didn't cause Galway all sorts of trouble some seem to forget that though? The older O Shea,D O Connor and Andy Moran didn't start last year v Galway and all will cause all sorts of trouble to Galway on Sunday IMO.

GaillimhIarthair

Lavelle
Sweeney
Kyne
Silke
Bradshaw
O'Donnell
Wynne
Flynn
O'Curraoin
Heaney
Conroy
Walsh
Daly
Comer
Armstrong

Duine Eile

No Brannigan and Gary O'Donnell centre back? Hopefully there'll be changes before throw in or else we're going to have a massive hole in our defence with all the trips up the field he takes.

galwayman

My first thought there is where is Brannigan?
He was consistently good in the league.
Strange unless there will be changes before throw in