Galway v Mayo 11/06/17

Started by Duine Eile, May 21, 2017, 11:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Its rumored that Vaughan will start in place of Boyle and Coen to start also can anyone confirm this?

GalwayBayBoy

I fear it won't be much of a spectacle anyway. Blowing a gale and wet underfoot too.

Blowitupref

Galway 0-4 Mayo 0-3 at half time in the U17 game in Salthill. It might suggest that the senior game will also be low scoring.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

Conditions are very tough in salthill.
Think it will deffo ruin the game.

Lar Naparka

Sorry I can't make it so all I can do is run everybody out of the house, pull the blinds and take the phone off the hook from about 3.30 onwards till the ref blows the long whistle. I'll have no problem routing them out and that includes the poor dog!
He doesn't speak French but he knows I do, especially when the heron-chokers are looking dangerous. I have never thrown anything at the telly so far but I did make shite of a light shade the time Pee Joyce ghosted through the Mayo defence and well and truly fecked my afternoon and many more to follow.  I had the misfortune to be standing up at that moment and I just happened to have a golf club in my hand. And as they say, the rest is history!
Funny thing is that I can remember vividly a whole  load of Galway forwards, from Mattie McDonagh to Micheal Meehan without a bother but there are/were very few Mayo forwards that stand out in my mind. Jinking Joe to Ciaran Mac is a whole load of years but nobody in the interim really comes to mind as I'm now counting down the minutes to 4 o'clock.
Maybe it's not so surprising that, where my memory is concerned, the situation is almost completely reversed at the other end of the field. No shortage of memorable Mayo defenders and midfielders too but that's the way it is to this day unless Diarmuid O'Connor finds another gear.
It's an indictment of Mayo's attacking potential that Andy Moran will probably be the one to most likely to cause headaches for the Galway defence. Ah, maybe today will be different but I won't rest happy until the ref leaves the pitch and Mayo are at least sis points ahead at the long whistle.
Safe travelling to all who are heading to the game and may we have a game to remember.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

GalwayBayBoy

FT in the U-17

Galway 2-7 Mayo 0-5

Blowitupref

U17 result Galway 2-7 Mayo 0-5. McDonagh with 1-3 and set up the other Galway goal. Mayo only managed one point from play. Galway have now beaten Mayo at U17,Minor and U21 level in the Connacht championship this year can they now make it 4 from 4 later this afternoon?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 11, 2017, 01:36:18 PM
Its rumored that Vaughan will start in place of Boyle and Coen to start also can anyone confirm this?
Correct.
Morrissey said Boyle out, but Brady said he could come on.

Syferus

Duirmuid Clarke in goal for Mayo apapartently...

GalwayBayBoy

Mayo win toss and will play against the gale first.

Hound

Are 8 and 9 for Galway the same as when they beat Mayo last year? (looks diff to me but memory not what it once was!)

Syferus

Quote from: Hound on June 11, 2017, 03:56:16 PM
Are 8 and 9 for Galway the same as when they beat Mayo last year? (looks diff to me but memory not what it once was!)

FOC and Walsh had a bit of a falling out last year so he wasn't around for that one.

mayoaremagic

We should win this well. Park the bus against wind and go for broke in second half. We have 3/4 against goals in us against this leaky Galway defence. Have €20 to be MOTM @8/1

joemamas

manfromdelmonte

cillian already up his usual acting