Galway v Mayo 11/06/17

Started by Duine Eile, May 21, 2017, 11:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayoaremagic

Quote from: Manning18 on June 09, 2017, 04:19:55 AM
On a scale of 1 to overrated. D'OC is reaching new levels. Like is this actually happening? Anyways, leave it to the chokers to get upset about a ridiculous Donegal's man article, reluctantly published in a Galway newspaper because its full of shite. Anyways...im sure its up on the dressing room wall, some terrible tipster talking shit. Fuel lads, fuel

Name a better Galway forward than him who's scored in the business end of championship??  ;D

As for chokers ye havent won a chmpionship game in Croke Park in 16 years.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: larryin89 on June 09, 2017, 08:59:50 AM
PJ had a fair swipe at this mayo team .
He said Mayo would be bet if they lined out as currently selected.  He also said that Galway were not there yet and that was obvious from standard of the  the Div 1 and 2 league finals earlier this year and that we are probably 2 -3 years behind.

larryin89

Aye the business end , something our aristocratic neighbours tell us all the time , " ye haven't the forwards to score when it matters on all Ireland final day"

Yet the Damien comers and Shane Walsh's are the best around .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: larryin89 on June 09, 2017, 09:44:43 AM
Aye the business end , something our aristocratic neighbours tell us all the time , " ye haven't the forwards to score when it matters on all Ireland final day"

You seem a little rattled Larry! LOL!!  You'll find plenty of support around here from the likes of Syf and MAM - ye all seem to be cut from the same cloth!

larryin89

Rattled ! Aye with a severe dose of summer flu .

Joyce said a lot more besides what you have quoted there . he said Galway had the better scoring forwards being honest (doubt he's a very honest person ) , better spread too. Mayo know how to play the refs and know how to engineer frees .

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: larryin89 on June 09, 2017, 09:57:28 AM
Rattled ! Aye with a severe dose of summer flu .

Joyce said a lot more besides what you have quoted there . he said Galway had the better scoring forwards being honest (doubt he's a very honest person ) , better spread too. Mayo know how to play the refs and know how to engineer frees .
I think he is probably right but it remains to be seen if they get enough ball to prove that.  Also, the Mayo back 7 are far superior to ours so it will be a real big test of our forwards on Sun to eek out somewhere between 15 - 17 scores which "should" be enough to win.  I don't see our tactics changing too much from the league - plenty of bodies back and attach at pace on the counter, stay in the game for as long as possible and then use the bench when space starts to open up in the last 15 - 20 mins - that is one area where we do have a lot more options that Mayo in terms of forwards to come in late on.  Really looking forward to the game and how we front up to the Mayo challenge as there is no way ye could be as poor as last year - that's what will show if we have really made any progress or still playing catch-up.

Farrandeelin

Anybody put the piece up what Joyce actually did quote. Rather plucking quotes to suit agendas.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: larryin89 on June 09, 2017, 09:57:28 AM
Mayo know how to play the refs and know how to engineer frees .

Whatever about engineering frees - certainly based on the Sligo match - one of the improvements Mayo have made from last year is in the systematic fouling stakes. They were excellent at rotating around who was doing the fouling of Sligo players as they attempted to move out beyond their 65 into Mayo territory for an attacking move, expect more of the same on Sunday from Mayo.
It was Kerryesque in it's cynical effectiveness, this shouldn't be taken as anything other than a compliment to Mayo by the way, this is what it takes to win.

" ye haven't the forwards to score when it matters on all Ireland final day"

Fair or unfair, the reality of the situation is that it'll always be said until Mayo win the big one, in contrast you won't hear anyone ever saying Mayo don't have the backs to win it.

Much like last year I'm only travelling to this Connacht semi-final in hope more than expectation, if the Mayo team of last September shows up near enough full pelt on Sunday they should have more than enough to win, there's no excuse for getting caught on the hop this year anyway.

Syferus

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 09, 2017, 09:51:56 AM

You seem a little rattled Larry! LOL!!  You'll find plenty of support around here from the likes of Syf and MAM - ye all seem to be cut from the same cloth!

Don't bring my name into your shite talking.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 09, 2017, 10:24:20 AM
Anybody put the piece up what Joyce actually did quote. Rather plucking quotes to suit agendas.
It not a written piece Farr and there are no agenda's!!  They are quotes from a Galway / Mayo preview night that was on in An Pucan yesterday evening.  it was hosted by Colm Parkinson and the likes of Mark O'Shea, John Maughan, Conor Mort, Ray Silke, PJ, Savo were on stage to answer the usual sort of questions about Sun's game - the usual type of stuff really that you get at this type of event. 

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Syferus on June 09, 2017, 10:34:13 AM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 09, 2017, 09:51:56 AM

Don't bring my name into your shite talking.
Go away ya clown, ya haven't a clue.  You made a right ass of yourself here on the equivalent thread last year and then copper fastened you well earned reputation in the subsequent Conn Final one.   

larryin89

I'm not bringing your name into anything , you're a mess, I don't even pay much heed to your posts anymore .

An Fhairche Abu

I didn't know this could be done until last year but FYI lads:

This board has an ''Ignore' function.
Click on 'Profile' near the top of the page.
Select 'Account Settings'.
Then choose 'Modify Profile'.
There, click on 'Buddies/Ignore List'.
Stick in the screen name of whoever you want to ignore.

criostlinn

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 09, 2017, 10:59:14 AM
I didn't know this could be done until last year but FYI lads:

This board has an ''Ignore' function.
Click on 'Profile' near the top of the page.
Select 'Account Settings'.
Then choose 'Modify Profile'.
There, click on 'Buddies/Ignore List'.
Stick in the screen name of whoever you want to ignore.

Thank you

Why didn't I know about this ages ago

sligoman2

Why would ye ignore Syf?

He's Roscommon's answer to Tony Fearon.

I've had lots of run ins with him, but I do admire his passion and naivety...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.