Galway v Mayo 11/06/17

Started by Duine Eile, May 21, 2017, 11:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayoBuck

Quote from: cornetto on June 03, 2017, 01:12:42 PM
Mayo having their run around pearse stadium just now.get you cameras ready.

Any notable absentees?

cornetto

I would say you are referring to lee keegan,no he was not on show but maybe a little bit of mind games??.you will see him alright on the 11th, have to say though mayo looked fit and focused my optimism for galway gaa stepped back a little.the wind in the stadium today was mad,hopefully it won't ruin the game next day.

Jinky Ja

Quote from: blast05 on May 25, 2017, 10:54:57 PM
Quotea foul out the field

Seriously dude, you know in your heart of hearts that that was not a foul.
Terrible call by the ref.hi
That's up there as one of the hardest fairest shoulders i have ever seen. Up there with Tom Cunniffe a few years ago. Or the greatest one i ever saw (can any other Mayo folk remember this one!) ... Noel Connelly versus Galway in league winter 1995 - he nearly broke 6' 4" Fergal Gavin in front of the stand in McHale Park

Look at the clip again. Pretty clear. U can see Comers shoulder during the hit hence it wasn't shoulder to shoulder. It was a frontal charge and a cheap shot

Maroon Manc

Enjoyed listening to the mayo news podcast preview of the game.

Blake & Cullinane talking up the impact Meehan could have, I'd be surprised to see him get on at any point.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 06, 2017, 11:31:22 AM

Blake & Cullinane talking up the impact Meehan could have, I'd be surprised to see him get on at any point.

The Mayo News podcast is usually of a good standard whenever I give it a listen in fairness, I wouldn't be as mad keen on the contributions of the mayogaablog admin as other guests but it's a great thing for Mayo football followers to have to listen to.
It was a good point that was raised about the difference between the extent of the coverage of the football team in both counties, night and day between them and it was that way even when Mayo weren't one of the top teams in the country.

I can't see Meehan having any impact either, I read elsewhere that he started a challenge game for Galway recently but it's a bit much to expect a telling impact from him at this point, anything at all beyond being a great dressing room presence would be a positive.

I'd expect a big Mayo performance Sunday, if they play to potential it'll be hard to live with them but it'll be the Galway performance in the face of that on the day more so than the result which is of the most importance I feel.

Interesting quotes from Cillian McDaid in the article below about his AFL trails in Australia this October:
www.daraghoconchuir.ie/apps/blog/entries/show/44555802-mcdaid-and-okunbor-to-trial-at-afl-combine

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 06, 2017, 01:19:22 PM

Interesting quotes from Cillian McDaid in the article below about his AFL trails in Australia this October:
www.daraghoconchuir.ie/apps/blog/entries/show/44555802-mcdaid-and-okunbor-to-trial-at-afl-combine

He certainly seems keen to give it a go anyway. While I'd say he has the speed for it alright he looks a bit on the small side to me compared to the usual type that AFL clubs have been going for in recent years.

Syferus

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 06, 2017, 01:19:22 PM

The Mayo News podcast is usually of a good standard whenever I give it a listen in fairness, I wouldn't be as mad keen on the contributions of the mayogaablog admin as other guests but it's a great thing for Mayo football followers to have to listen to.
It was a good point that was raised about the difference between the extent of the coverage of the football team in both counties, night and day between them and it was that way even when Mayo weren't one of the top teams in the country.

I can't see Meehan having any impact either, I read elsewhere that he started a challenge game for Galway recently but it's a bit much to expect a telling impact from him at this point, anything at all beyond being a great dressing room presence would be a positive.

I'd expect a big Mayo performance Sunday, if they play to potential it'll be hard to live with them but it'll be the Galway performance in the face of that on the day more so than the result which is of the most importance I feel.

Putting it as mildly and diplomatically as possible I see. I wouldn't be so kind.

macdanger2

Any thoughts on teams for Sunday?

ballinaman

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 07, 2017, 09:38:45 PM
Galway have better forwards rumour has it. Mayo supporters have lost the run of themselves, spotted 3 car flags in the last few days...

From the Bunker

Quote from: ballinaman on June 07, 2017, 10:19:31 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 07, 2017, 09:38:45 PM
Galway have better forwards rumour has it. Mayo supporters have lost the run of themselves, spotted 3 car flags in the last few days...

Ah them Mayo supporters letting the Hype get to them again!

ballinaman

Quote from: seafoid on June 08, 2017, 08:12:55 AM
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/ciar%C3%A1n-murphy-day-of-reckoning-arrives-for-galway-1.3111117
The key now is for them to take the next step, to believe in the ability that's in the group, to expect to win on Sunday. . . to – as one Galway supporter of my acquaintance put it – "stop trying to be Cavan".

Spoke to a Cavan player recently, they played Galway a few weeks ago. He said Galway were getting as many men behind the ball as possible. I'd expect much the same on Sunday.

ck

Mayo news podcast is excellent. Anyone know the boys on it?