Started by Redhand Santa, May 12, 2017, 08:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: BennyCake on May 12, 2017, 10:07:59 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 12, 2017, 09:02:18 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 12, 2017, 06:48:28 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 12, 2017, 06:30:30 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 12, 2017, 04:37:37 PM
The people of the 26 Cos won't be voting on any All Ireland set up until AFTER you lot in the 6 Cos vote to leave the Disunited Kingdom or whatever combination with England and Wales if Scotland has broken free by then.
Voting against letting PSNI members join the GAA isn't very "United Ireland friendly".

I only brought the rule 21 vote to elaborate on where cork lies on the support of their brothers in the north
Your views on the security forces in the north around the time of the vote is of no interest to anyone up here as you where not subjected to their tyranny and collusion

Different times now in fairness but back in 98 it was very very raw

As for the timming of an all Ireland referendum would you stop stating the obvious

Yep. Spot on.

Even though the GAA is an all Ireland organisation, the vote on Rule 21 should only have happened in the 6 counties.
Time to bury that oul chestnut.
Set up ye're own partitionist 6 Cos GAA if ye wish.

I suppose the RUC brutality and harrassment was pretty bad in Roscommon alright.

LOL 😃Or more to point did the local Roscommon RUC and UDR members express an interest in playing Gaelic games hence let's get rid of rule 21
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

general_lee

Quote from: BennyCake on May 12, 2017, 10:20:47 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on May 12, 2017, 10:04:47 PM
The people of the 26 Cos won't be voting on any All Ireland set up until AFTER you lot in the 6 Cos vote to leave the Disunited Kingdom or whatever combination with England and Wales if Scotland has broken free by then.
Voting against letting PSNI members join the GAA isn't very "United Ireland friendly".

I only brought the rule 21 vote to elaborate on where cork lies on the support of their brothers in the north
Your views on the security forces in the north around the time of the vote is of no interest to anyone up here as you where not subjected to their tyranny and collusion

As for the timming of an all Ireland referendum would you stop stating the obvious

Yep. Spot on.

Even though the GAA is an all Ireland organisation, the vote on Rule 21 should only have happened in the 6 counties.
Why? Dont they play games against the 26 county teams? Maybe the six county teams would prefer to spend their time playing with themselves, something you would know about

Your post explains why I said what I said in my original post.
He's the biggest west Brit on here

armaghniac

Quote from: general_lee on May 12, 2017, 10:52:02 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 12, 2017, 10:20:47 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on May 12, 2017, 10:04:47 PM

Yep. Spot on.

Why? Dont they play games against the 26 county teams? Maybe the six county teams would prefer to spend their time playing with themselves, something you would know about

Your post explains why I said what I said in my original post.
He's the biggest west Brit on here

And that is a very competitive ranking, you are not talking the Armagh Championship here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

north_antrim_hound

I think he should start his own thread on cricket, the queens coronation and how to sack Dublin castle and get the Union Jack back up
What this clampit is doing on a mostly Ulster gaa forum is beyond me

Rossfan

Good oul North Antrim and BennyCake -
Let's not try and join in with all this Good Friday Agreement oul stuff.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Franko

Quote from: Rossfan on May 12, 2017, 04:54:57 PM
I could be a fervent proponent of women's rights in Saudi Arabia.
It won't make any difference to me if it happens though.

Then you wouldn't be much of a fervent proponent.  It wont make much of a difference to you in that it wont give you any more rights, but if you were really a big supporter of the issue and it happened, it would mean something to you.

Franko

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 12, 2017, 06:01:47 PM
Quote from: Franko on May 12, 2017, 02:53:09 PM
Fair enough, if you're happy with that man's opinion then so be it.
But if that is the stance, you've very little grounds for defending the people of the 26 against the assertion by many northern nationalists that they were pretty much abandoned by their southern 'comrades' post partition.

The most important thing is that the Nordie continues to have a nice big chip on both shoulders as they draw their Sterling welfare benefits and use the N.H.S.

Irrelevant and childish, but not out of character for yourself.  I pay for those services, why would I not use them if I needed them?  Because they are administered by the UK government?  Idiot.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on May 12, 2017, 12:50:46 PM
Cork full of Mé Féiners. Quel surpise.
This from a county that "opposed partition" by shooting Michael Collins.

Was Milltown Row interviewed?

You'll hardly have any insight to the north considering you don't live here anymore and never had any dealings or problems when you did... doesn't stop you talking shite though. Carry on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

:D  And this thread is about reactions to something a Corkman said by people from the opposite end of the country.

Avondhu star

"back in 98 it was very very raw"
You cant have it both ways. Release of several murderers under the GFA but wont let Catholic police play Gaelic games. How raw do you think release of murderers were for victims families? G.S.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

BennyCake

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 14, 2017, 08:14:43 PM

You cant have it both ways. Release of several murderers under the GFA but wont let Catholic police play Gaelic games. How raw do you think release of murderers were for victims families? G.S.

And how many catholic police officers were there? Not too many. Not only that, but any catholic who did join the police knew the risks they were taking, whether they played GAA or not.

And how did the families of collusion victims feel when no officer was prosecuted for being involved in the murder of their loved ones? How did they feel knowing same officers were still in the force, and probably still are? YOU can't have it both ways either!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on May 14, 2017, 09:09:10 PM

And how many catholic police officers were there? Not too many. Not only that, but any catholic who did join the police knew the risks they were taking, whether they played GAA or not.

And how did the families of collusion victims feel when no officer was prosecuted for being involved in the murder of their loved ones? How did they feel knowing same officers were still in the force, and probably still are? YOU can't have it both ways either!

You can't have it both ways is right, can't complain when people die in a war as it was a completely dirty war on both sides.... pure rotten, lads giving up their comrades and police using intel for murderous gangs to kill at will. And for what? If anyone believes nationalists lives would still be the same today without the 'war' is deluded... times change and views would have also... over 3000 deaths and the legacy left behind it might take longer to fix had we settled through peaceful politics, we'll never know I suppose
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Avondhu star

The GFA allowed for the reform of the RUC to become the PSNI under the Patten Commission with the intention of increasing the number of Catholics in a reformed police force. The GAA ban on police officers playing Gaelic Games was changed in the spirit of reform and reconciliation. However there are still dinosaurs who would prefer that the ban was still in place and regard the PSNI which Sinn Fein support as the same as the RUC.  Collusion between RUC British Army and Loyalists was part of what went on as well as massive informing by IRA members at both low level and high level in the organisation.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 14, 2017, 10:49:40 PM

The GFA allowed for the reform of the RUC to become the PSNI under the Patten Commission with the intention of increasing the number of Catholics in a reformed police force. The GAA ban on police officers playing Gaelic Games was changed in the spirit of reform and reconciliation. However there are still dinosaurs who would prefer that the ban was still in place and regard the PSNI which Sinn Fein support as the same as the RUC.  Collusion between RUC British Army and Loyalists was part of what went on as well as massive informing by IRA members at both low level and high level in the organisation.

Do you write this stuff yourself or cut and paste from a Ruth Dudley Edwards Blog

Either way your some tool

Rossfan

Could you point out what isn't true in his comments?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM