?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

JohnDenver

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 21, 2019, 11:36:55 AM
I see Emmet Mc got MOM yesterday, he had a great game yesterday but for me Conor Kearns was the best player on the pitch and my player of the championship. Has he ever got a Derry call up?

Almost certain Kearns was on the Derry McKenna cup / national league panel possibly 3/4 years back in Barton's time. Was a fair few Magherafelt players that year IIRC, two Heavrons, Kearns, Emmett McGuckin, Ryan Ferris and Peter Quinn.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 21, 2019, 12:09:22 PM
Lads, went to this game as a neutral yesterday albeit a Tyrone man. Was impressed by a lot of things - CP has a great atmosphere to it, referee whilst making some debatable decisions let the physical side of it go which let the game flow. Both teams tried to play football but I felt Magherafelt were much better team on the day, better organised, better drilled and appeared much sharper. Glen can feel aggrieved at the decision at the end but Rossa can rightly complain about the goal chance at the start that the referee called back when one of their players was clean through on goal.

A great advert for Derry football - surely you men will see some of these players in county colours in 2020

Good to hear a voice from outside county tell it as it is. Nowhere else compares in county for big games like this at least

marty34

Quote from: Estimator on October 21, 2019, 10:59:08 AM
Quote from: Will it ever end on October 21, 2019, 10:53:10 AM
I may be wrong but looking at the watch on the final whistle he'd played 2 minutes over the allotted 4 minutes.

Just picked up the Irish News, Cahair O'Kane stated "almost seven minutes into what was meant to be four minutes of stoppage time, during which there was further delays" So maybe JJ added on the appropriate time...

With bad PA, we didn't hear much time was being added on.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on October 21, 2019, 12:47:37 PM
I may be wrong but looking at the watch on the final whistle he'd played 2 minutes over the allotted 4 minutes.

Just picked up the Irish News, Cahair O'Kane stated "almost seven minutes into what was meant to be four minutes of stoppage time, during which there was further delays" So maybe JJ added on the appropriate time...

And why should it matter about PA. As long as the ref knew.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 21, 2019, 12:52:54 PM

Dunno whether you go to many matches but it is always nice to hear how much injury/extra time there is. People in the crowd will discuss it and ask each other about it, always good to hear it from the PA if not in a good position to see the board.

Are you saying that there is no point in having a PA system in GAA grounds?

Derry Optimist

Congratulations to Magherafelt on a wonderful and deserved victory yesterday.Every club needs to have their day on the victory podium and Magherfelt's long suffering players and supporters justifiably earned their triumph  yesterday.

Glen's younger and very talented  team no doubt will be back in the near future to claim the John McLaughlin Cup.They showed glimpses of their real potential yesterday.This should be the catalyst for them to be more consistent and to go one step better next year.

On a pro rata basis this must have been one of the best attended County finals anywhere this year and certainly on of the largest ever in Derry.

It will be interesting to see how many of yesterday's participants will be called up next week to the Derry Senior panel by Rory Gallagher.

marty34

I think the general idea is to let supporters know how much time is added on, players and supoorters alike can hear it.

Not sure why you think the referee is the only person who has to know?

JoG2

Did youse not just look at the big green neon number 4 the official was holding up to signal the amount of additional time?

I watched the game with a few nervy Glen folk. On my watch it was maybe 1 minute over the alloted 4 mins when the ref blew it up. Glen can definitely feel aggrieved that the passage of play was blown early but cant have too many complaints. Magherafelt the better team on the day. Their big players all had good games. Emmet Bradley should have been stationed in the middle 3rd throughout where his running can cause damage. Was wasted on the numerous times he went inside.

Claudy just didn't show up in the 2nd half of the Intermediate final, Foreglen deserving winners.

Celtic Pk is a great place to watch a game of football.

Keyser soze

Mc Feely played great when he came on for Foreglen. McCormack at MF was best player on the field for me.  Oran Armstrong was Claudy's only effective forward, he had a great game.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 21, 2019, 01:11:14 PM

Dunno whether you go to many matches but it is always nice to hear how much injury/extra time there is. People in the crowd will discuss it and ask each other about it, always good to hear it from the PA if not in a good position to see the board.

Aye I am at CP all the time, never noticed bad PA. Must be the purdy muck in South Derry wans ears. Anyhow de ye ever see the boy there that sticks up the electronic board or do they not have that south of the Glenshane.

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 21, 2019, 03:31:45 PM

Aye I am at CP all the time, never noticed bad PA. Must be the purdy muck in South Derry wans ears. Anyhow de ye ever see the boy there that sticks up the electronic board or do they not have that south of the Glenshane.

Was at far side - I try to watch the game, not spend my time squinting to see what no. is on a small board which is hel up for about 3 seconds.

That's where a good PA system comes in handy!!!

You, Yew and Ewe

The two teams that deserved to win on the day won.  Magherafelt and Foreglen can be proud of themselves, worthy winners. 

No controversy over JJ's final whistle, it was blew before the ball was kicked, time was well and truly up.  Glen played well, but just came up short - I'm sure they'll be back.

The biggest disappointment was Claudy not showing up in the second half (they weren't much better in the first half, to be honest) - they were poor, froze in front of Foreglen.  Again.

restorepride

What a slabber.  PA is very unclear in Páirc na gCeilteach. And Danny Heavron's victory speech - mic didn't work and he had to ask the supporters to be quiet! No working mic at the County Final in Páirc na gCeilteach. Disgraceful.  Must have been the mucker muck?!

Milltown Row2

As a ref the only clock worth looking at is the one on the referees arm! Most refs stop the watch for every 'injury' that looks like it's going to take longer than it should, my pet hate is time wasters, the same player rolling around is up like a leopard when you blow the whistle to carry on playing.

As long as you tell the players and show your watch, explain you've stopped it then there shouldn't be any fuss. Id much prefer the clock to stop at each half at 30 and just tell the fourth official the allocated injury, and barring no injuries within that period the ref will blow! Fart about and the time should be added on.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: restorepride on October 21, 2019, 06:06:09 PM

What a slabber.  PA is very unclear in Páirc na gCeilteach. And Danny Heavron's victory speech - mic didn't work and he had to ask the supporters to be quiet! No working mic at the County Final in Páirc na gCeilteach. Disgraceful.  Must have been the mucker muck?!

Is thst the same mucker muck that more or less run Owenbeg for the county board..

Imagine the crowd was noisy. Sweet jesus probably to do with the 9k that were there, ye know the 9k thst they can't fit in anywhere else.
Any oul pathetic excuse to say something bad about CP.