Dublin v Tyrone. 11/02/17. Croke Park, Dublin.

Started by omagh_gael, February 06, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Some things never change McQuillian needs a firm toe in the arse that last free was nuts

Hound

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 12, 2017, 10:53:48 PM
Mccann's black card was a joke as was the last free. Bradley's red didn't even look like a yellow unless something other than what was shown there happened
Bradley connected with Cooper's face right in front of the linesman. It wasn't a haymaker, more like a short jab. But really silly with the linesman standing right beside him. Ridiculous blaming the ref for that when the player himself is totally at fault.

The last free was very soft, but he missed a lot more that he should have given the Dubs. OGara not getting a free despite getting a forearm smash across the neck was hilarious.

Impressed by Tyrone. Some fine footballers and defending was superb. A big danger come the summer. Although I wonder are they better suited to playing the Dubs rather than Mayo or Kerry?
Really looking forward to the rest of the league, should be some crackers coming up

Although I wish the GAA would cop on that Saturday 5.00 - 5.30 is prime time for big games, not 7pm. In the rugby in the 6N and the European Cup, it's always 5ish for the big game at this time of year

An Watcher

He didn't connect to his face.  More like a push into his neck.  2 yellows would have been fine as Cooper had knocked him to the ground previously

Taylor

Didnt see Bradley striking back but if it was only a small jab it was retribution for Cooper acting the hard man. Yellow card would have done.

2 week break now - time to recharge the batteries to give this league a rattle. No better habit to get into than winning

vallankumous

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 13, 2017, 02:01:53 PM
It's interesting that Mayo, Kerry and now Tyrone in the league have all drawn with the Dubs twice in the last few years. Is it psychological that teams find it hard to put them away now. A lot of Dub fans told me they thought they were beaten on Sat night

The psychology in refereeing it seems to me.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Taylor on February 13, 2017, 12:25:08 PM
How many teams have put it up to the Dubs in the last few years?
very bloody few.

We did and that without Mattie and red/black cards as well as a half fit Sean.

We will only improve and it bodes well for September. Anyone saying different are jealous or blinkered
Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

vallankumous

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 12, 2017, 11:27:30 PM

McCann's black card did look understandable at the time but there were far more blatant ones not punished.

This is the case after every game.

Hound

Quote from: An Watcher on February 14, 2017, 07:32:36 AM
He didn't connect to his face.  More like a push into his neck.  2 yellows would have been fine as Cooper had knocked him to the ground previously
I was sitting right in line with the linesman in the Hogan Stand. The linesman had moved off his line onto the pitch to presumably tell them both to quit with the pushing and shoving. Then with the linesman standing no more than a few yards away from them and looking straight at them, Bradley connected with the face/head. A brainless action. But yeah, it was the ref's fault or Cooper's fault.

Fuzzman

I know Sean is only playing the role of a sub recently but I think when he does get back up to speed he needs to stay much closer to the goals rather than the role he is playing of coming back to help out his defence.
He only scored 7 points the whole of last year's championship and whilst you can blame blanket defences to some degree I just think he needs to be shooting more and not playing so deep.
With McAliskey out for the year we need more players to getting us scores and not be depending so much on Peter Harte, Mattie Donnelly and players coming from deep.

The last few years that we've lost to Mayo and Kerry, we've had loads of chances to win or draw the game but aren't taking our chances. Sean is one of our best point takers but for some reason he doesn't seem to be shooting as much as he used to. He showed us in the Ulster final what he can do when he has the chances. On Sat night again we had loads of wides although the conditions were very bad.

DUBSFORSAM1

very bloody few.

We will only improve and it bodes well for September. Anyone saying different are jealous or blinkered

You did put it up to us alright but bearing in mind you've had a bit more training and games you should have won. Also Dub have Cian O'Sullivan, D Connolly, P Flynn, B Brogan, P Andrews, C Costelloe etc all to come back into the team

rrhf

Will Connolly have the confidence to come back from the roastings by Lee Keegan and Mc Keague.  Is he a fading star?  Can Brogan do much more than keep O Gara on the bench.  I fear the Dubs could struggle later in the year.  All good eras come to an end sooner than you think.  Fair play they were some outfit. 

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: rrhf on February 14, 2017, 02:32:37 PM
Will Connolly have the confidence to come back from the roastings by Lee Keegan and Mc Keague.  Is he a fading star?  Can Brogan do much more than keep O Gara on the bench.  I fear the Dubs could struggle later in the year.  All good eras come to an end sooner than you think.  Fair play they were some outfit.

Keep saying it - you're bound to be right sometime.  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on February 14, 2017, 01:36:37 PM
very bloody few.

You did put it up to us alright but bearing in mind you've had a bit more training and games you should have won. Also Dub have Cian O'Sullivan, D Connolly, P Flynn, B Brogan, P Andrews, C Costelloe etc all to come back into the team

We would still have Mattie Donnelly, Richie Donnelly, Ronan McNabb and Kieran McGeary to come back in as well who will all be pushing for places.

Overall it was an encouraging display but we won't really know the extent of what it's answered until the two meet in an Autumn Championship encounter. I think in the last two league encounters against Dublin we have shown that they are very uncomfortable against us and I sensed Gavin's post match were of a rattled man.

We just need to focus on the places we left ourselves down and keep working on them.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: rrhf on February 14, 2017, 02:32:37 PM

They'll pay for a sports psychologist to move in with him 24/7 to ensure nothing happens, he'll be alright.

rrhf

I have enjoyed the domination of the Dubs as much as the next man, but I honestly believe we would have beat them last year or if we get to meet them this year in the championship.  Its fecking Mayo we cant beat.  Some day Mayo are going to meet Tyrone in a final.  What the hell happens then?