Dublin v Tyrone. 11/02/17. Croke Park, Dublin.

Started by omagh_gael, February 06, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: rrhf on February 14, 2017, 07:36:58 PM
I have enjoyed the domination of the Dubs as much as the next man, but I honestly believe we would have beat them last year or if we get to meet them this year in the championship.  Its fecking Mayo we cant beat.  Some day Mayo are going to meet Tyrone in a final.  What the hell happens then?

You could well be right about what might happen if Dublin and Tyrone were to meet in the summer but I think you will agree that a game played on a vicious February night is no guide to what might happen in August or September.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

I have enjoyed the domination of the Dubs as much as the next man, but I honestly believe we would have beat them last year or if we get to meet them this year in the championship.  Its fecking Mayo we cant beat.  Some day Mayo are going to meet Tyrone in a final.  What the hell happens then?

Based on what? Give me one piece of evidence to prove this? Examle(s)?

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 14, 2017, 08:30:04 PM

I think it's just his opinion, probably based on the previous four or so league games v the Dubs which have been very close. The Dubs do seem to struggle against our style of play and to be honest they were pretty poor for long periods of an All Ireland final which in truth, Mayo probably should have won. Tyrone folk will believe they left the Mayo game behind them with poor shooting, so based on that form line, his opinion was based, I assume. The great thing about football, and probably the whole basis of being a fan, is that you can have belief in your team without needing concrete evidence that they are going to win. Mayo fans keep coming back to watch them in All Ireland finals ffs!
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

There you go again

I'll give you some if you can tell me how to prove something that will happen in the future?

From the Bunker

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 14, 2017, 09:01:33 PM

There you go again

I'll give you some if you can tell me how to prove something that will happen in the future?

Well, this is where form comes into place. You look at results in Championship. You look at recent Ulster titles won. You look at games where they beat top sides in AI Quarter finals and Semi finals. You just can't say this team will do this and that team will do that without backing it up with solid stats? Or just because Uncle Peter said so!

omaghjoe

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 14, 2017, 09:17:50 PM

There you go again

Well, this is where form comes into place. You look at results in Championship. You look at recent Ulster titles won. You look at games where they beat top sides in AI Quarter finals and Semi finals. You just can't say this team will do this and that team will do that without backing it up with solid stats? Or just because Uncle Peter said so!

So form and stats prove the future now do they?

Ive been over this with you before....but you cant seem to help yourself

From the Bunker

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 14, 2017, 09:24:18 PM

There you go again

Ok, I'll lay it out there for you. Tyrone in Championship football have only beaten Monaghan in Croker in recent years. They have won one Ulster title in 6 years. I can't remember when they last played Dublin in Championship. Definitely not since 2011. Running Dublin Close in a League Match in February is a different Animal to meeting them in September. I believe they are not far (if not over the line) in beating the Kerrys never mind the Mayo's and Donegals of this world. This is not a put down, more a reality check. And god knows as a Mayo man we've had a bucket full down the years.

omaghjoe

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 14, 2017, 09:35:01 PM

There you go again

Ok, I'll lay it out there for you. Tyrone in Championship football have only beaten Monaghan in Croker in recent years. They have won one Ulster title in 6 years. I can't remember when they last played Dublin in Championship. Definitely not since 2011. Running Dublin Close in a League Match in February is a different Animal to meeting them in September. I believe they are not far (if not over the line) in beating the Kerrys never mind the Mayo's and Donegals of this world. This is not a put down, more a reality check. And god knows as a Mayo man we've had a bucket full down the years.

Thats great...now can you leave Tyrone, Monaghan, Mayo, Dublin and even football aside for a moment.

And tell me how to prove a future event is going to happen

From the Bunker

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 14, 2017, 09:43:30 PM

There you go again

Thats great...now can you leave Tyrone, Monaghan, Mayo, Dublin and even football aside for a moment.

I'm not telling you how a future event is going to happen, I've told you of recent past events that have.  Your Colleagues have been doing a lot of predicting the last couple of pages. All I was looking for was proof! You don't want to go down that road and  gone of on your own Tangent and good luck to you.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 14, 2017, 07:11:05 PM
Quote from: rrhf on February 14, 2017, 02:32:37 PM
Will Connolly have the confidence to come back from the roastings by Lee Keegan and Mc Keague.  Is he a fading star?  Can Brogan do much more than keep O Gara on the bench.  I fear the Dubs could struggle later in the year.  All good eras come to an end sooner than you think.  Fair play they were some outfit.

They'll pay for a sports psychologist to move in with him 24/7 to ensure nothing happens, he'll be alright.

Stephen Coen kept tabs on Connolly too don't forget.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

omaghjoe

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 14, 2017, 10:02:05 PM

There you go again

I'm not telling you how a future event is going to happen, I've told you of recent past events that have.  Your Colleagues have been doing a lot of predicting the last couple of pages. All I was looking for was proof! You don't want to go down that road and  gone of on your own Tangent and good luck to you.

No your not telling us but you want evidence that is going to prove that Tyrone are going to beat Dublin, that is an event in the future is it not?

I'll make it easy for you, show me a case where evidence  proved a result before it happened.

Presumably they called off this match as playing it would have been pointless with the result already known?

Aughafad

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 14, 2017, 10:40:03 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 14, 2017, 10:02:05 PM
I have enjoyed the domination of the Dubs as much as the next man, but I honestly believe we would have beat them last year or if we get to meet them this year in the championship.  Its
I

fecking Mayo we cant beat.  Some day Mayo are going to meet Tyrone in a final.  What the hell

happens then?

There you go again

No your not telling us but you want evidence that is going to prove that Tyrone are going to beat Dublin, that is an event in the future is it not?

I'll make it easy for you, show me a case where evidence  proved a result before it happened.

Presumably they called off this match as playing it would have been pointless with the result already known?
how the f**k can you prove a prediction until the event in question takes place dipshit

ONeill

I just tweeted Russell Grant. We should know pretty soon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Taylor

We must be doing something right - our competitors are getting a little narked.

Fact is in 2017 so far Tyrone look the most likely team to beat the Dubs in September