NFL Divsion 2 2017

Started by Dinny Breen, January 30, 2017, 09:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 02, 2017, 06:59:42 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2017, 05:46:22 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 02, 2017, 04:14:10 PM
Galway made hard work of that, should have been well out of sight early on in the 2nd. We were very sloppy in front of the posts.

Shane Walsh was outstanding, lets hope we see more of that come the summer.

Its the first time I've seen McHugh, David Walsh & Lavelle, McHugh offered nothing from open play and whilst Walsh didn't really do anything wrong he certainly looks a bit one paced. Lavelle's kick outs were good, a couple of hairy moments but they were because of lack of awareness from defenders.
Walsh is a give me the f##### ball type of player. He scored at vital times. If Mayo had someone like him the famine would be over.

Wonder what is stopping Galway from having a tilt at Sam? :P
Mayo have been doing the John the Baptist routine for a few years . Everything in its own time

thejuice

Division 2 next year:

Meath
Cavan
Cork
Down
Clare
Roscommon
Louth
Tipperary

It will be tough division to get out of again. Cavan and Roscommon will be looking to rebound. Cork will be looking to get back on track, Clare and Tipp will be looking to keep improving. Louth are improving but how far can they go. They won't be easy beat. Down could go either way. We'll probably be in the promotion shake up but we'll probably drop a few points along the way and it'll be a close call again.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on April 02, 2017, 07:47:18 PM
Division 2 next year:

Meath
Cavan
Cork
Down
Clare
Roscommon
Louth
Tipperary

It will be tough division to get out of again. Cavan and Roscommon will be looking to rebound. Cork will be looking to get back on track, Clare and Tipp will be looking to keep improving. Louth are improving but how far can they go. They won't be easy beat. Down could go either way. We'll probably be in the promotion shake up but we'll probably drop a few points along the way and it'll be a close call again.
Meath are better than the 2 teams departing D1.
Down may not be arsed. Tipp are inconsistent.

mouview

Galway made hard work of that, should have been well out of sight early on in the 2nd. We were very sloppy in front of the posts.

Its the first time I've seen McHugh, David Walsh & Lavelle, McHugh offered nothing from open play and whilst Walsh didn't really do anything wrong he certainly looks a bit one paced. Lavelle's kick outs were good, a couple of hairy moments but they were because of lack of awareness from defenders.
Walsh is a give me the f##### ball type of player. He scored at vital times. If Mayo had someone like him the famine would be over.

Fit-for-purpose full-back line for one thing. Very poor once again today.

Ohtoohtobe

Pleasantly surprised by the way that turned out, thought we would lose by 10-plus and was uncomfortable with the thought of us in effect throwing the game.
But we had a plan to win it, and it would have come off with better shooting.
A very useful exercise and I thought Liam Healy and Fionn Dowling really stuck their hands up for selection.
Meath a bit poxed by the way the fixtures worked out. I feel sorry for them but time is a great healer so I'm confident I will one day rebuild my life.

Dinny Breen

I think the Meath posters are missing the positive, we're taking seafoid with us....
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Colm O'Rourke was in the Sindo yesterday. The rule of thumb is 6 points to stay up and 10 to be promoted.
It is not ideal to lose 2 matches and draw another and if you do you are dependent on the comfort of strangers.
It has happened to Galway enough times in recent years..

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 03, 2017, 07:38:58 AM
I think the Meath posters are missing the positive, we're taking seafoid with us....

;D
Good enough for you.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: mouview on April 03, 2017, 12:19:02 AM

Fit-for-purpose full-back line for one thing. Very poor once again today.
It has to be a top priority from now until the start of the championship - the combination that started yesterday will be destroyed by any sort of a competent FF line getting a half decent supply of ball. 

Maroon Manc

Any news on when Kerin is back? I thought he had a very good year in 16 and brings something different to the full back line. I still think the full back line are getting too much stick, there was far too much space in front of them against Tipp last summer and Tipp completely dominated primary possession and it happened against yesterday. I think Walsh will only be used in the championship against a team with a big full forward, look at what Mayo did against Tipp with Barry Moran used as a sweeper.

O'Donnell gets forward a lot which I don't have a problem with but he's got to be more productive when he gets the opportunities. He missed 2 very easy chances yesterday and he missed a great chance for goal against Tipp early on last summer. We all know Farragher is excellent on the ball and his distribution will bring something different to the role but its his defending that worries me but I did think he was positional sense was good yesterday.

After watching the U21's McDaid has to be putting serious pressure on our wing backs, he really stood out to me and I'll be very surprised if he's not in the starting 15 next year.

mouview

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 03, 2017, 11:38:24 AM
Any news on when Kerin is back? I thought he had a very good year in 16 and brings something different to the full back line. I still think the full back line are getting too much stick, there was far too much space in front of them against Tipp last summer and Tipp completely dominated primary possession and it happened against yesterday. I think Walsh will only be used in the championship against a team with a big full forward, look at what Mayo did against Tipp with Barry Moran used as a sweeper.

O'Donnell gets forward a lot which I don't have a problem with but he's got to be more productive when he gets the opportunities. He missed 2 very easy chances yesterday and he missed a great chance for goal against Tipp early on last summer. We all know Farragher is excellent on the ball and his distribution will bring something different to the role but its his defending that worries me but I did think he was positional sense was good yesterday.

After watching the U21's McDaid has to be putting serious pressure on our wing backs, he really stood out to me and I'll be very surprised if he's not in the starting 15 next year.

Ya, but 2/3 that started yesterday played against Derry 2 weeks ago in Tuam and were absolutely cleaned out also. Out of yesterday's back 6, I'd only be happy with starting Farragher, maybe Wynne at a pinch. Others not good enough in spite of any defensive cover or system employed.

seafoid

I am going to miss Divsion 2.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on April 03, 2017, 07:41:16 PM

How many years is it since Galway were in Division One? For the life of me I cant remember our last League game against them!

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 03, 2017, 07:53:56 PM

How many years is it since Galway were in Division One? For the life of me I cant remember our last League game against them!
6 I think

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 03, 2017, 07:53:56 PM

Tuam on a Saturday evening, no contest, poor game
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me